• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Steve Scalise Returns to House

Steve Scalise went back to the House today after encountering 3 1/3 months of total Hell after nearly losing his life after being shot by a deranged Bernie supporter. He gave one of the best speeches from the Capitol ever given and the best most of you can do is turn this into everything but Scalise.

How disappointing.

Very few have given any kind of goodwill toward Scalise or commented on his excellent speech but instead this thread has turned into a piece of crap. Thanks a lot. What a pathetic joke on me for thinking posters at DP would be much better than this.

Your tone and posts reveal your proclivity for a Far Right of Center lean. Please post us a link to one or two threads that exemplify Staying on Topic.
I listened to the 18+ minute video. Rep. Scalise, IMO, expressed genuine gratitude to his Secret Service Detail, his wife, the physician on the baseball field that administered lifesaving aid, the physicians and staff that performed numerous surgeries on him and all who have assisted his rehab. Scalise, consistent with Politics 101, made numerous references to an Anthropomorphic God... and thanked the many World Leaders and Colleagues that reached out to him. Scalise, as you have posted, brought attention to the nonpartisan nature of Love and Civil Discourse.... and the importance of some issues to transcend politics. I thought Scalise sounded great! I admire him!

Now I ask you what part of that Speech do you remember verbatim that going forward you might recite to yours or other people's grandchildren?
Scalise absolutely appeared and sounded humbled by a near-death experience. I don't expect to see him on TV at next year's Congressional Baseball Game trying to outrun a throw to 1st Base. Now I ask you what issues has Scalise publicly changed his position on as a result of the shooting?

I sure would not want to trade places with Scalise. His rank entitled him to that Secret Service Detail.... and that definitely helped save his life! Rep. Giffords survived shots to the head. Curious to know which Rep you think sustained worse injuries?

God Bless us All!

Such a terrible state the fringe politics have produced.

Unfortunately our political parties accept and stoke much of this fervor, including the President. It is of course, how they remain in power.

TDS on post #3. Sad that you can't show a little respect for the Congressman.... :(

A lot of liberals on Facebook celebrated the assassination attempt of politicians just because of differing political beliefs. I wonder how many of them are on this forum?

Unless you know specific individuals here who did such a messed up thing....stop with the nasty allegations.

Your tone and posts reveal your proclivity for a Far Right of Center lean. Please post us a link to one or two threads that exemplify Staying on Topic.
I listened to the 18+ minute video. Rep. Scalise, IMO, expressed genuine gratitude to his Secret Service Detail, his wife, the physician on the baseball field that administered lifesaving aid, the physicians and staff that performed numerous surgeries on him and all who have assisted his rehab. Scalise, consistent with Politics 101, made numerous references to an Anthropomorphic God... and thanked the many World Leaders and Colleagues that reached out to him. Scalise, as you have posted, brought attention to the nonpartisan nature of Love and Civil Discourse.... and the importance of some issues to transcend politics. I thought Scalise sounded great! I admire him!

Now I ask you what part of that Speech do you remember verbatim that going forward you might recite to yours or other people's grandchildren?
Scalise absolutely appeared and sounded humbled by a near-death experience. I don't expect to see him on TV at next year's Congressional Baseball Game trying to outrun a throw to 1st Base. Now I ask you what issues has Scalise publicly changed his position on as a result of the shooting?

I sure would not want to trade places with Scalise. His rank entitled him to that Secret Service Detail.... and that definitely helped save his life! Rep. Giffords survived shots to the head. Curious to know which Rep you think sustained worse injuries?

God Bless us All!
Thread was started about Scalise and his speech. It got derailed after a couple of posts. That may be a record.

What will I remember most about his speech to tell my grandchildren is what I highlighted in bold. And I will also tell them how he did not focus on the evil that caused his situation but all the good that lifted him and his family through it.

Last edited:
Trippy Trekker

You tried to derail the thread in post # 2.
Jackie Speier has nothing to do with the thread and
was NOT a member of congress when she was shot.
She was a staff member. And then asking people to list
others that were shot.... Yea we know exactly what you
were doing!!

After a grueling 3 1/2 months of recovering from gunshot wounds that nearly took his life, Steve Scalise returned to work today in the House. He gave an awesome speech detailing the shooting along with thanksgiving to those who saved his life. It is a wonderful speech from a very grateful heart.

I'm so glad you created this thread, Vesper. Thank you. There will always, sadly, be malignant personalities and those who sow discord. Feel sorry for them. Meanwhile, people of all political persuasions who are people of good will can rejoice that Scalise has survived his ordeal and seems to be doing so well.

Trippy Trekker

You tried to derail the thread in post # 2.
Jackie Speier has nothing to do with the thread and
was NOT a member of congress when she was shot.
She was a staff member. And then asking people to list
others that were shot.... Yea we know exactly what you
were doing!!

The Robin Hood story describes a scene where Robin encounters a stout, very large man(much bigger than Robin) coming from the opposite direction. Both men reach a log only big enough for one man at a time to traverse the creek. The two men, strangers, turn this first meeting into a contest. Robin quickly determines to change the course of events by tooting on a horn to alert a a gang of pro-Robin men. Soon after, Robin with assistance subdues the stranger, befriends him and invites him to join his merry group of men. Thereafter, Robin dubs the stranger the new moniker "Little John".

Please tell us the story on how you became "Common Sense".

TDS on post #3. Sad that you can't show a little respect for the Congressman.... :(
I'm not above a little TDS from time to time, but your charge here does nothing to nullify the merit of the argument in my post.

Do you care to debate my point?

I'm not above a little TDS from time to time, but your charge here does nothing to nullify the merit of the argument in my post.

Do you care to debate my point?

Itd teh fringe opn the right and the mainstream on the left that's the problem. I'm not talking about the citizens but rather the leaders.

Back
Top Bottom