• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Steve Bannon arrested in Border Wall funding scheme

DNC needs to show more Christian imagery? It worked with Hitler. But many of these people would be prone to judging such a Democratic leader as fake, immoral, and an antichrist. I know people who thought Obama was the Antichrist lol. This stuff is deep. There is a lot of group think, resistance, and Christian based distrust and paranoia that needs to be broken though.

I wouldn't do it that way, I would instead use the base that is already established in black urban churches and expand on the theme, but keep room for those who have other ideas about spirituality as well, so that there can be a home for everyone by emphasizing the onenness that mutual love (agape) can bring to grow society and prosperity (which is a message that almost everyone can agree to), especially since that theme is thousands of years old and has been tested by multiple societies.

Those people are quite spiritual and authentically so, so its an honest approach.

In other words, use a good church that already exists (and the Christian part of me recognizes) and expand that goodness.

Last edited:
He wasn't fired until 2014. Meaning he worked 6 years under Obama

Not as National Security Advisor...not for a second. Flynn wanted a promotion to a job he insisted he was qualified for. He was MAYBE qualified for the job he had, but no higher. Flynn decided to press the issue. Obama and the Military superiors got tired of it....FIRED.

I supported that.

Comey for example, who clearly has a god complex never should have made it to Director, FBI. Can't you just see "only I can fix it" rolling off his tongue. Though Trump's motives were not clean and they surely were not the motives he claimed, firing Comey is about the only good thing Donnie has done.

They subverted the churches in the 50s I think when civil rights was a major issue.

now their version of Christianity is no longer based on love.

I am very said to see my Christian friend blasting BLM as communist and dangerous as opposed to recognizing the injustice of George Floyd losing his life. Then to see the Christians defend the border camps and lack of compassion towards refugees. This is way worse than the Japanese interment program, and causing way more trauma to children and families. It’s so sad seeing them have zero compassion for the injustice and take absolutely no action or leadership for human rights

I am very said to see my Christian friend blasting BLM as communist and dangerous as opposed to recognizing the injustice of George Floyd losing his life. Then to see the Christians defend the border camps and lack of compassion towards refugees. This is way worse than the Japanese interment program, and causing way more trauma to children and families. It’s so sad seeing them have zero compassion for the injustice and take absolutely no action or leadership for human rights

Me too, I found it very hard to go to church for a very long time because of these people. In my personal life i prayed and prayed about it until God helped me find a home that is both authentic and helps me grow spiritually. Plus the place has (well had now) a major connection to Ravi Zaccharias who I always was a fan of in my Christian life as a C.S. Lewis level of intellectual and just plain deep spiritual person.

I just want the pandemic to end so I can actually go there and not do church on my TV :(

I wouldn't do it that way, I would instead use the base that is already established in black urban churches and expand on the theme, but keep room for those who have other ideas about spirituality as well, so that there can be a home for everyone by emphasizing the onenness that mutual love (agape) can bring to grow society and prosperity (which is a message that almost everyone can agree to), especially since that theme is thousands of years old and has been tested by multiple societies.

Those people are quite spiritual and authentically so, so its an honest approach.

In other words, use a good church that already exists (and the Christian part of me recognizes) and expand that goodness.

Black churches and their Christian beliefs were a powerful catalyst for the civil rights movement. Black churches haven’t lost any of it, but it seems like white churches have. I am not even sure the majority of white Christians supported the civil rights movement.

There were the Quakers.

If the party did try to bring in more of the gospel found in black and Quaker churches, it could soften others. On the other hand, the evangelics have been taught to put it all on the line to end abortion. Also, why does Rush Limbaugh get to be the voice of evangelical Christians? Again, their heroes are so flawed and disgusting.

Your theory is good.

Me too, I found it very hard to go to church for a very long time because of these people. In my personal life i prayed and prayed about it until God helped me find a home that is both authentic and helps me grow spiritually. Plus the place has (well had now) a major connection to Ravi Zaccharias who I always was a fan of in my Christian life as a C.S. Lewis level of intellectual and just plain deep spiritual person.

I just want the pandemic to end so I can actually go there and not do church on my TV :(

You’re honestly not the first Christian I have heard say this. I know others who felt pushed away by other Christians. It’s very sad. I am glad you found a home.

You’re honestly not the first Christian I have heard say this. I know others who felt pushed away by other Christians. It’s very sad. I am glad you found a home.

Right, but the insight is that there are very likely many Christians in these evangelical churches who may not be fully happy with the message but are not aware of alternatives within Christiandom, why not present them an honest choice of what an authentic church actually looks like and maybe even help reverse the trends we have seen over the last decade of people giving up on the whole idea and maybe give them something to fall in love with and thus help their relationship with Jesus :)

Dumbass trumpets.....suckers walking around with big lollypops stuck to their forehead.

tenor.gif

rump Associates:
NOW-Steve Bannon-INDICTED
Michael Flynn-GUILTY
Michael Cohen-GUILTY
Paul Manafort-GUILTY
George Papadopoulos-GUILTY
Richard Panedo-GUILTY
Alex Van der Zwan-GUILTY
Roger Stone-GUILTY
Rick Gates-GUILTY
Konstantin Kilimnik-INDICTED
13 RUSSIAN Nationals-INDICTED

rump Associates:
NOW-Steve Bannon-INDICTED
Michael Flynn-GUILTY
Michael Cohen-GUILTY
Paul Manafort-GUILTY
George Papadopoulos-GUILTY
Richard Panedo-GUILTY
Alex Van der Zwan-GUILTY
Roger Stone-GUILTY
Rick Gates-GUILTY
Konstantin Kilimnik-INDICTED
13 RUSSIAN Nationals-INDICTED

Rudy is getting very nervous

IMO, those are not followers of Christ. They follow the exact opposite of him.

Trumpets floor me. On the day Bannon is indicted virtually rounding out the entire Trump gang as either guilty or indicted or on the way to indicted this stuff goes right over their heads. By the way don't forget Lev and Igor and then as was just mentioned Rudy.

Whether Trumpets want to admit it or not, Donald was a walking indictment waiting to happen. So was his father. The dif was his father was smart enough to keep his head below the grass line. The feds under any other administration are going to make Donald pay for that mistake for the rest of his life.

Even if you put all his abuses in office aside there is not a single Trump Corp document Donald signed all those years that does not represent an open and shut case of Bank Fraud, Tax Fraud, Insurance Fraud and Real Estate Fraud, about a zillion years worth of Fraud cases. All the Manhattan DA and any Fed Prosecutor needs are a combination of his Tax Records and his Trump Corp or his Bank Records and Donald is DONE and Dusted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom