• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Steve Bannon arrested in Border Wall funding scheme

I feel that temptation too ;)

However, I have been running a bit of a thought experiment lately. what if liberals used the same tools that gingrich, limbaugh, trump, goebbels, etc used but for good instead of evil on this population?
For instance....?

Post office arrested him? Holy crap! You cannot make this **** up.

Arrested through the work of the US Postal Inspection Service. How fitting. So straight up gangster that the Postal Inspection Service could nab him.

Did they send in SWAT teams,tanks,armored vehicles,tear gas to get him?

Flynnalso worked under Obama until 2014

Not as national security advisor and Obama fired him....a fate Flynn justly deserved. That did not keep Flynn from holding a massive nuclear size grudge.

Well, looks like election interference professionals will have to pencil this one into their schedules. I reccomend a healthy entrée of whataboutism. A side of so what is also on special today.
They already started with "He fired Bannon and Bannon said bad things about Saint Donald." Or, words to that effect.

Did they send in SWAT teams,tanks,armored vehicles,tear gas to get him?

Naw, they learned how weak all these tough guy Trump sycophants are after watching Roger crumble...

Not as national security advisor and Obama fired him....a fate Flynn justly deserved. That did not keep Flynn from holding a massive nuclear size grudge.

keep in mind, a lot that were arrested were charged for things they had done prior to Trump announcing that he was running for president

For instance....?

Well so far, the conclusion I have come to is that these people tend to think in terms of emotional connection first and logic second, so why not connect liberal policies to that?

a great example of this not working is john kerry in the tank and just plain looking uncomfortable. The demographic is going to see that body language and react to it and see him as the "other" which is outside their tribe. so it leads me to a few questions to consider

1. how to change their concept of the tribe to include liberals?
2. how to connect liberal policy to the things they value in every day life?
3. how to use symbology to reinforce those connections?
4. what can we learn from people like limbaugh and their framing, but not go to the dark side of creating negativity and fear like he does (we still want to be on the side of good after all)?
5. what can be done with the disgust reaction (the strongest of the moral instincts)?

that is as far as i have gotten so far.

Unfortunately, they don't think like that. If you want people in that demographic to change their mind, you need to get their sway on something they have a deep personal connection to in their local environment such as church.

Churches are extremely political now. I have a good friend who is a Christian. She grew up in the church, home schooled, etc. very sheltered and her life seems very centered on Jesus. I always thought that, but wow. She goes off in crazy political rants. BLM is communist. Biden will put Christians in prison.

If you ever watch the Christian Broadcast Network, it’s mostly all politics.

It’s crazy how they have embedded politics into religion.

SDNY rocks.
The way they keep hammering the Trump empire with the law inspires hope.

I wonder when they will arrest Rudy

Well so far, the conclusion I have come to is that these people tend to think in terms of emotional connection first and logic second, so why not connect liberal policies to that?

a great example of this not working is john kerry in the tank and just plain looking uncomfortable. The demographic is going to see that body language and react to it and see him as the "other" which is outside their tribe. so it leads me to a few questions to consider

4. what can we learn from people like limbaugh and their framing, but not go to the dark side of creating negativity and fear like he does (we still want to be on the side of good after all)?
5. what can be done with the disgust reaction (the strongest of the moral instincts)?

Very nice.
You’re better than I am with your logic.

They already started with "He fired Bannon and Bannon said bad things about Saint Donald." Or, words to that effect.

I forgot about that. There can be no disloyalty whatsoever if you want Tweety help.

keep in mind, a lot that were arrested were charged for things they had done prior to Trump announcing that he was running for president

Oh don't worry...Trump's list of administration and campaign SCUMBAGS runneth over.

Churches are extremely political now. I have a good friend who is a Christian. She grew up in the church, home schooled, etc. very sheltered and her life seems very centered on Jesus. I always thought that, but wow. She goes off in crazy political rants. BLM is communist. Biden will put Christians in prison.

If you ever watch the Christian Broadcast Network, it’s mostly all politics.

It’s crazy how they have embedded politics into religion.

They subverted the churches in the 50s I think when civil rights was a major issue.

now their version of Christianity is no longer based on love.

They subverted the churches in the 50s I think when civil rights was a major issue.

now their version of Christianity is no longer based on love.

The Churches were subverted for the money. Civil Rights had little to do with it.

He wasn't fired until 2014. Meaning he worked 6 years under Obama

Which shows Trump’s choice to surround himself with such nefarious, worthless liars and thieves.

DNC needs to show more Christian imagery? It worked with Hitler. But many of these people would be prone to judging such a Democratic leader as fake, immoral, and an antichrist. I know people who thought Obama was the Antichrist lol. This stuff is deep. There is a lot of group think, resistance, and Christian based distrust and paranoia that needs to be broken though.

Back
Top Bottom