• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stats According to States

I believe that the first line in my previous reply to your question was "The first table refers to total population only.".

Touché. That's what I get for not paying attention :)

Maryland now has 65% of its population fully vaccinated as of 11:30 PM on October 29th according to official statistics.

Michigan and Minnesota now have 60% of their citizens initiating the vaccine dosage. Well done :)

Michigan and Minnesota now have 60% of their citizens initiating the vaccine dosage. Well done :)
If they haven’t caught Covid yet, they will.

In re masks: For some reason, when I wear them, they fall off my nose (though they do cover my mouth) and constantly have to re-adjust. Any idea how to fix that?

1. You might be already doing so but if not... for a surgical (blue mask) do not forget to snap the top part around your nose when placing the mask on your face.

2. double mask with a cloth mask by putting it on top of surgical mask - that's as close to N95 as you can get without actually wearing it. Specifically cloth on top of surgical is the best combination due to the extra benefit: it protects YOU, the mask wearer, the most (as opposed to someone adjusting N95 for you).

3. not as good as 2 but if you only have 1 mask, for small adjustment try to twist ear loops so they make figure 8 - it actually provides tighter fit in general and is recommended for everyone, unless you double mask

4. they sell some masks online with adjustable ear loops.

I respectfully submit this as evidence of coronavirus stats ...

One thing I had not found online is state-by-state Deaths-per-capita after June 2021 (delta wave+) or in all of 2021 (vaccines became available).

I would have thought some website would allow me to select a timeframe and then display deaths per capita across states (or counties) but I did not find it.

My guess is a lot of red states will be at the top of that chart.

One thing I had not found online is state-by-state Deaths-per-capita after June 2021 (delta wave+) or in all of 2021 (vaccines became available).

I would have thought some website would allow me to select a timeframe and then display deaths per capita across states (or counties) but I did not find it.

My guess is a lot of red states will be at the top of that chart.

Not exactly on point, but you might find "Pro-Trump counties now have far higher COVID death rates. Misinformation is to blame" interesting.

Nebraska now has 79% of its population with one dose of the vaccine according to Johns Hopkins. Well done :)

Nevada now has 60% of its population who have initiated the vaccine. Congrats!

Not according to the latest CDC figures

which put Nebraska at 64.95% for "Single Dose" and 58.41% for "Full Vaccination".
Using this:

This means I have a math fail.I am looking under vaccination doses and subtracting the number of those who are fully vaccinated from the number of doses administered. That means my conversions are wrong. If I'm using those two figures, how should I math them?

Using this:

This means I have a math fail.I am looking under vaccination doses and subtracting the number of those who are fully vaccinated from the number of doses administered. That means my conversions are wrong. If I'm using those two figures, how should I math them?

Unfortunately JH is using code that my computer simply refuses to recognize so I can't help you out there.

However, I do update this table daily (even though I don't publish it daily)

21-12-11 K3 - VACCINATION VARIANCE.JPG

Nebraska comes in at 65.05% "Single Dose" and 58.57% "Full Vaccination".

It's pretty difficult to work from one to the other since some of those "Single Doses" are actually "Full Vaccination" so I go right to "Our World In Data" and strip out the raw data.

If you add up the numbers for "Single Dose" and "Full Vaccination" you end up with the following ranking (a perfect score would be 200)

21-12-11 K3b - VACCINATION RANKING.JPG

and Nebraska (at 123.62) comes in at #27 (which makes it the BEST state in the worst half of the states).

Where are you finding "Our World in Data?" Nebraska used to post official numbers on its website, but now does not appear to.

New Hampshire now has over 60% of its residents initiating the vaccine series (including those who have finished the series). Well done! :)

New Hampshire now has over 60% of its residents initiating the vaccine series (including those who have finished the series). Well done! :)

New Hampshire has 91.75% of its "total population" that has received a "single shot" and 65.61% that are fully vaccinated. [NOTE - There is some overlap between "single shot" and "fully vaccinated" depending on which vaccine has been administered.]

21-12-13 K3 - VACCINATION VARIANCE.JPG

According to New Hampshire's own data (As of when I posted that), 870,775 people have initiated the vaccine, while 776,346 are completely vaccinated. It sounds like you are arguing that it's actually something like 1,647,132 and 776,346, respectively.

To help me better understand their data, how do I know that those two numbers do, in fact, overlap (whereas some states report them individually)? Their website does not seem to indicate this, especially (as of when I posted this), the number of individuals vaccinated will exceed the number of doses.

Here is the link: https://www.covid19.nh.gov/dashboard/vaccination

NOTE: When presented either "Our World in Data," Johns Hopkins, whatever, I always choose official state statistics over "third-party' sites.

According to New Hampshire's own data (As of when I posted that), 870,775 people have initiated the vaccine, while 776,346 are completely vaccinated. It sounds like you are arguing that it's actually something like 1,647,132 and 776,346, respectively.
Nope, every one of those 776,346 is contained in the 870,775.
To help me better understand their data, how do I know that those two numbers do, in fact, overlap (whereas some states report them individually)? Their website does not seem to indicate this, especially (as of when I posted this), the number of individuals vaccinated will exceed the number of doses.
IF, and I know that this is not the case, the ONLY vaccine being administered in New Hampshire required two doses in order to reach "Full Vaccination", then, since the total doses that have been administered is 1,664,670 and the number of people who are fully vaccinated is 779,341, that would account for 1,558,682 of the doses administered thus leaving 105,988 doses for the 95,159 difference between the "FV" and "OS" groups. That difference of 10,829 (0.650% of the total) could easily be accounted for by those people who have received MORE than two shots.
Here is the link: https://www.covid19.nh.gov/dashboard/vaccination

NOTE: When presented either "Our World in Data," Johns Hopkins, whatever, I always choose official state statistics over "third-party' sites.

Unfortunately I am unable to access the CDC website's data pages. Obviously the CDC has "improved" their software to the point where it will no longer respond to Windows XP and I'm too cheap to give Mr. Gates even more money for "new" software that performs as badly as the "old" software does.

However, I did take a look at your New Hampshire link and I am rather puzzled by the fact that it is only vaccinating 57 people per day when it claims that its vaccination percentages are 55.5% ("Full Vaccination") and 61.7% ("Single Shot"). That 57 per day is MUCH more in line with what you would expect to find in a state which has vaccination rates of 93.2% (FV) and 66.14% (SS) and that is what the CDC says that New Hampshire's vaccination rates are.

BTW, the difference between Windows 3.11 and Windows 11 is that Window's 11 is a patched version of Windows 10 which is a patched version of Windows 9 which is a patched version of Windows 8 which is a patched version of Windows 7 which is a patched version of Windows 6 which is a patched version of Windows 5 which is a patched version of Windows 4 which is a patched version of Windows 3.11. Eventually the amount of patches actually exceeds the amount of actual software and Windows passed that point some time back.

Since I pay much more attention to the patterns than I do to the raw data, I'm going to stick with being consistent in my data sources.

If you did the 57 per day rate, can we get a better number on the "actual" dosage then? Perhaps they've been forgetting to update their statistics?

If you did the 57 per day rate, can we get a better number on the "actual" dosage then? Perhaps they've been forgetting to update their statistics?
I got it off their website.

Now I do admit that I was a bit rushed and it might have been 57/100,000 which would crank it all the way up to around 770 which is still an incredibly low number (but not unbelievable if the CDC numbers are correct and the numbers on the New Hampshire website are not).

Thank you :)

Interesting to see if any other states vary as widely as New Hampshire's did from the CDC :)

New Jersey now has 65% of its population fully vaccinated. Great job! :)

New Mexico now has 67% of its population fully vaccinated. Great Job! :)

Back
Top Bottom