• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stats According to States

Another stat I came across was the ratio of negatives to positives. Seems to be once there's a lower ratio, under 10%, the cases sort of dry up. This was reported on by The Economist as far as African cases and how to evaluate their numbers is concerned. Thoughts?

Another strong correlation is Biden. If you trust in Biden, you trust in science, the CDC, and scientists and researchers, and vice versa.

Five Key Takeaways

Most recent update: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19l7aXMqM33Z_NOfLgxfnCzpAAzu6uBNXYFERskusZcA/edit?usp=sharing

1. QAnon supporters make up roughly 38.8% of deaths, but roughly only 5% of those who are not infected
  2. The more women in a state there are, the more people are likely to be vaccinated
  3. There is a strong correlation (0.89) between the number of people participating in the #BLM Protests and the number of people infected
  4. The following states have hit the magical number of 10,000 or fewer cases (the point at which cases seem to taper off for some reason) within a single update
    1. Alabama
    2. Alaska
    3. Connecticut
    4. Delaware
    5. D.C.
    6. Georgia
    7. Hawaii
    8. Idaho
    9. Kansas
    10. Louisiana
    11. Maine
    12. Maryland
    13. Massachusetts
    14. Michigan
    15. Minnesota
    16. Mississippi
    17. Montana
    18. Nebraska
    19. Nevada
    20. New Hampshire
    21. New Jersey
    22. New Mexico
    23. North Dakota
    24. Ohio
    25. Oklahoma
    26. Oregon
    27. Pennsylvania
    28. Rhode Island
    29. South Carolina
    30. South Dakota
    31. Tennessee
    32. Utah
    33. Vermont
    34. Virginia
    35. West Virginia
    36. Wisconsin
    37. Wyoming
  5. Those in Trust in Biden are strongly correlated (.742) with those who trust in the CDC

Good news for California (for now):
Deaths are beginning to taper off. If this follows the standard pattern, then hospitalizations will start to taper off. California does not report its "ever hospitalized" number, but has held steady at an estimated 279,109 hospitalizations (using the national hospitalization average) for two months now. If this holds, look for cases to finally drop significantly in the coming months or so. California has also had over 60% of its population initiating vaccination. If they can convert, they will join Vermont and Massachusetts as the third state with over 60% of its population fully vaccinated.

Also, Alabama just had more than 10,000 cases in an update immediately following the past update, so I've taken them off the list.

Good news for California (for now):
Deaths are beginning to taper off. If this follows the standard pattern, then hospitalizations will start to taper off. California does not report its "ever hospitalized" number, but has held steady at an estimated 279,109 hospitalizations (using the national hospitalization average) for two months now. If this holds, look for cases to finally drop significantly in the coming months or so. California has also had over 60% of its population initiating vaccination. If they can convert, they will join Vermont and Massachusetts as the third state with over 60% of its population fully vaccinated.

Also, Alabama just had more than 10,000 cases in an update immediately following the past update, so I've taken them off the list.

Actually that would be the sixth (after Vermont [67.30], Massachusetts [63.60], Maine [63.20], Connecticut [62.90], and Rhode Island [61.10].

But I'm just being picky.

VACCINATIONS 21-07-27.JPG

VACCINATIONS SUMMARY 21-07-27.JPG
Because, actually, the situation isn't proceeding all that badly.

GREEN 21-07-27.JPG

1) Which percentage are you using? I'm using the percent total population, not the 12+ population. Also, I'm delayed in updating, so your numbers are almost always more recent/accurate than mine.
2) Pardon my stupidity, but what do the colors on the 10-day average graph mean?

And Georgia can be taken off of the list -- false start. Next update showed 70,000 cases, far more than the 10,000 cases I use as a benchmark.

Maine joined the 60% fully vaccinated club.

Oregon becomes another state to hit 60%+ of its entire population being vaccinated :)

Rhode Island now has over 60% of its population fully vaccinated! :)

just get a shot.

Hello,
What makes you think I haven't already?

COVID Update
  1. Maine (60,5%), Massachusetts (62.7%), Rhode Island (62.6%), and Vermont (69.2%) all have complete vaccination rates of over 60% of their total population, which The Economist estimates is enough for herd immunity.
  2. Maryland (60.1%), Massachusetts (65.6%), New Jersey (65.3%), New York (64.1%), Oregon (62%), Rhode Island (68.7%), Vermont (75.3%), Virginia (67.2%), and Washington (62.1%) all have a rate over 60% of their total population having started their vaccine series.
  3. There is a strong correlation (.998 out of 1) between those getting their first shot and those finishing their series.
  4. The second strongest correlation (.992) is between those getting their first shot and those graduating high school.
  5. The third-strongest correlation (.991) is between women and those getting their first shot
  6. The fourth-strongest correlation (.989) is that those in state with a higher GDP are more likely to get their first shot.
  7. The fifth strongest correlation (.966) is between those attending a #BLM Protest and those getting their first shot.
Coming soon to the spreadsheet:
  • New data about leisure in the states
  • New data about the number of military bases per state
  • New data about the number of hate groups in the states
Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19l7aXMqM33Z_NOfLgxfnCzpAAzu6uBNXYFERskusZcA/edit?usp=sharing

As of today (And probably a few weeks ago!), over 65% of Connecticut's total population has been vaccinated :)

Washington D.C. now has 60% of its citizens fully vaccinated. This probably happened a few weeks ago as well.

Over 60% of Floridians have taken their first dose of the vaccine. If they follow up and complete the series (Not counting boosters), then we will have herd immunity there according to the Economist.

74% of Hawaii's population has initiated vaccinations as of today. Great going!

Kentucky now has 60% of its citizens with one dose.

Kentucky now has 60% of its citizens with one dose.
That's good. I hope that the percentages sky rocket soon all over the country now that children 5 to 11 can get their vaccine.

Maine has fully vaccinated (not counting boosters) over 67% of its population!

Are you comparing against the entire population or just the -eligible- population? It it's eligible, then I think you and I are in agreement :)

Are you comparing against the entire population or just the -eligible- population? It it's eligible, then I think you and I are in agreement :)

The first table refers to total population only.

In the second table:

"Total Pop" refers to the TOTAL population. The "Total Pop" figures are from the relevant country's CDCs.

"12+ Pop" refers to the population which is 12 years old, or older, as those are the only ones who are currently eligible to receive the vaccinations. The "12+ Pop" figures for the US are the best approximation I can come up with as some states do not report that metric. The Canadian and BC numbers are from the Canadian CDC.

Right, but what about your numbers for "first shot" and "full dose" on the first, large table? What is the percentage comparing against?

Back
Top Bottom