• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

States Want to Ban Abortions Beyond Their Borders.

I disagree with the practice, think it is rude and will not respond to those who go to the extra effort of editing away the context to change the thought of my post.
I can almost guarantee you that not many here are heartbroken.

I can almost guarantee you that not many here are heartbroken.

He also does so when he's been confronted too many times with arguments he cant refute. I always respond away anyway, if he cant come back and counter it, his posts stand refuted. I mean...other people can still read them, right? Besides, esp. in this forum I try very hard to provide facts and constructive information.

I did no such thing. I simply addressed the point made.

That's your problem then. There's nothing wrong with responding to specific points within a statement or post.

Disingenuous editing is what it is.

You practice it. I disagree with it.

Disingenuous editing is what it is.

You practice it. I disagree with it.
Seems petty to many, but you sure seem upset.
Sorry it hurts so much.

Perhaps you have better luck debating on another sub forum of the DP.

Seems petty to many, but you sure seem upset.
Sorry it hurts so much.

Perhaps you have better luck debating on another sub forum of the DP.

Not upset at all.

Simply refusing to engage with those who employ this practice.

Show us where it says this in the constitution.
It's protected under the 9th Amendment. There needs to be some reason(s) to ban something. If there are no legitimate reasons to ban something or restrict it, it's recognized for the people. SCOTUS referred to the 9th in RvW.

It's the same as this, for example:

--people have a right to consensual sex
--people have a right to reproduce
--people have a right to travel throughout the country

It's protected under the 9th Amendment. There needs to be some reason(s) to ban something. If there are no legitimate reasons to ban something or restrict it, it's recognized for the people. SCOTUS referred to the 9th in RvW.

It's the same as this, for example:

--people have a right to consensual sex
--people have a right to reproduce
--people have a right to travel throughout the country

Other rights include…..

The right to choose a religion.
Or the right not to be religious.

Parents may decide to let their child/children learn foreign language.
Parents may chose to send their child/children to a private school instead of public school.

In my country, banning abortion would interfere w/ our right to "security of the person".

Here as well. But they barely even discussed that, from our 4th Amendment, in RvW. I dont know why...IMO it was a mistake, perhaps deliberate, cowardly. Because it's pretty darn definite.

And we have similar decisions, like I've posted before, where that right protects the govt from compelling anyone to use their body/their systems to save the life of another. Like McFail vs Shimp. That one's about bone marrow. But they also couldnt compel someone to donate a kidney to directly save someone's life, for another example.

And those would be to save other persons. The unborn dont even have that status. What it really comes down to is...who says that abortion is wrong? It's not apparently, since RvW recognized that right...so then why can there be ANY restrictions on it before viability?

Here as well. But they barely even discussed that, from our 4th Amendment, in RvW. I dont know why...IMO it was a mistake, perhaps deliberate, cowardly. Because it's pretty darn definite.

And we have similar decisions, like I've posted before, where that right protects the govt from compelling anyone to use their body/their systems to save the life of another. Like McFail vs Shimp. That one's about bone marrow. But they also couldnt compel someone to donate a kidney to directly save someone's life, for another example.

And those would be to save other persons. The unborn dont even have that status. What it really comes down to is...who says that abortion is wrong? It's not apparently, since RvW recognized that right...so then why can there be ANY restrictions on it before viability?
The issue of the 4th Amendment in RvW IS noted. However, the thrust of the 4th Amendment is that of protection from unreasonable searches and seizures of person and papers. So this is about the right of the woman being protected from the state demanding to search
her person to find out if she is pregnant, i.e., forcing administration of a pregnancy test,
and her medical records for the same purpose, i.e., demanding that a doctor show them to the state.

It is only one of the various reasons the Texas anti-abortion law was unconstitutional.

You are arguing that your opinion, that I say is your opinion is a fact?

Interesting self delusion you are employing in this.
I'm not the one being delusional about it.

Abortion is already a right under the constitution.

Abortion is legal. It is not right.

At best it is an expedient measure to act as a convenient way for our society to avoid making a good solution.

The issue of the 4th Amendment in RvW IS noted. However, the thrust of the 4th Amendment is that of protection from unreasonable searches and seizures of person and papers. So this is about the right of the woman being protected from the state demanding to search
her person to find out if she is pregnant, i.e., forcing administration of a pregnancy test,
and her medical records for the same purpose, i.e., demanding that a doctor show them to the state.

It is only one of the various reasons the Texas anti-abortion law was unconstitutional.

The 4th also covers 'security of the person', bodily autonomy, and that's what I was referring to in my post and what the McFail v Shimp decision is about.

Abortion is legal. It is not right.

At best it is an expedient measure to act as a convenient way for our society to avoid making a good solution.

RvW recognized that women have a right to abortion. To a safer medical procedure.

It's no different than recognizing that we have a right to consensual sex. That people have a right to reproduce. That people have a right to travel the country. Etc.

They just clarified that recognition and showed how the Const protected that right thru several different amendments, like the 4th, the 9th, and the 14th.

Back
Top Bottom