• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State Republicans push new voting restrictions after Trump’s loss

Noam Chomsky, Chris Hedges, Abby Martin, "Democracy Now!," Pacifica Radio, Green Party, Ralph Nader, (help me out here) => progressive politics "detected."

Are you approving, disapproving, other?

I mentioned Glenn Greenwald.

And all summer long Democratic states pushed for voting law changes to help their side, up to and including breaking their own laws in making those changes. Cry me a river.

why is it that more people voting only helps one side?

"Here is Greenwald's reasoning for why Obama was worse than Trump. half a million covid deaths and trying to overthrow democracy apparently don't rate as "moral evil"

"
So you go through those metrics. George Bush and Dick Cheney started new wars in
Iraq and Afghanistan. Obama started new wars in Libya and Yemen. What new wars
did Donald Trump start? He escalated bombing campaigns, which he inherited, in a
pretty grotesque way. But he didn't start any new wars.

When you look at things like the destruction of Iraq or the implementation of a torture
regime—what has Donald Trump done that even remotely compares in terms of moral
evil to any of that? Nothing. And yet we're supposed to treat George Bush and Barack
Obama like morally upstanding statesmen and Donald Trump like the literal
reincarnation of Hitler."

May I suggest that Glenn Greenwald and his reasoning about so called "neoliberals" is just Greenwald's "gateway drug" to the Horseshoe Theory rationalization that eventually invents an excuse for just going ahead and normalizing Trump?
FFS Trump just attempted the Reichstag Fire 2.0 and you're clinging to bothsiderisms like it means something.

The idiot Glenn Greenwald, should get a dictionary and learn the meaning of the words, SEDITION, SUBVERSIVE, INSURRECTION, TERRORIST AND TREASON, and when the learns the meaning of those word, then he should learn how to read or get a Tutor to help him read The Declaration of Independence.

TRUMP HAS ....
He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public Good.
He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing Importance, unless suspended in their Operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
(Coronavirus Cases: 25,670,269 Deaths: 428,880) to date!!!!
He has refused to pass other Laws for the Accommodation of large Districts of People, unless those People would relinquish the Right of Representation in the Legislature, a Right inestimable to them, and formidable to Tyrants only.
He has called together Legislative Bodies at Places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the Depository of their public Records, for the sole Purpose of fatiguing them into Compliance with his Measures.
He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers.
He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the Tenure of their Offices, and the Amount and Payment of their Salaries.
He has erected a Multitude of new Offices, and sent hither Swarms of Officers to harrass our People, and eat out their Substance.
He has kept among us, in Times of Peace, Standing Armies, without the consent of our Legislatures. (Goons Trump sent to Portland)
He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil Power.
He has combined with others to subject us to a Jurisdiction foreign to our Constitution, and unacknowledged by our Laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:
He has excited domestic Insurrections amongst us,
In every stage of these Oppressions we have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble Terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated Injury.
end quote

When he finishes that, he should Read The Constitution (The Preamble and The Articles of The Constitution).

Last edited:
In a shocking development surprising absolutely no one, State Republicans push new voting restrictions after Trump’s loss (Politico). "We just weren't effective enough in our voter suppression," they complain.What a bunch of anti-American whiny losers.

I dunno 'bout that

Same day voter registration and voting should cease.
Especially where ballot harvesters (illegal in most States) are involved.

Also we need paper back up to electronic voting

Moi
Trump won
🇺🇸 lost

Don't Further 🇨🇦ize
🇺🇸

In his very first day in office, Joe Biden destroyed 11,000 American jobs and $1.6 BILLION in wages when he halted construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline.

link to support these numbers please

The end sought is that all voters are treated equally and most votes placed will be placed legally and one time only. That doesn't happen with a haphazard procedure open to fraud due to making voting easier than buying a carton of milk. There won't be a motivated legal voter prevented from voting anywhere. Motivated voters follow all necessary procedures with care because it's important to them that their vote count.
That's a lot of words to say you are unhappy that voting was so easy that too many people voted.

Everything else is unsupported innuendo disseminated in support of the lie that there was any relevant misconduct in regard to the election.

The ease you proclaim as proof of fraud was really just ease to vote against you.

That is the truth behind the entire stolen election lie.

It was never about fraud.

It was always about too many eligible people voting.

My "guilty/guiltier" comment is correct and applicable to many issues. Refrain from one-siderism.

Yes I see that you can't comprehend the fact that the GOP is currently preparing to take sedition VIRAL.
Forget Noam Chomsky, Chris Hedges, Abby Martin, "Democracy Now!," Pacifica Radio, Green Party, Ralph Nader, you're straight up sounding like Greenwald and ONLY Greenwald.

My "guilty/guiltier" comment is correct and applicable to many issues. Refrain from one-siderism.

The HOUSE is "on fire" and you're complaining that the fire engines aren't blue enough.

I just expect Republicans to voter suppress.

What sane person doesn't.

In a shocking development surprising absolutely no one, State Republicans push new voting restrictions after Trump’s loss (Politico). "We just weren't effective enough in our voter suppression," they complain.What a bunch of anti-American whiny losers.
There is no way electronic balloting / counting will ever be legit In America or anywhere else. Cyber techs around the would have shown there is no machine made that can’t be hacked. The dems know this and spend their millions proving they can win a losing election. Cyber techs when asked about safe voting immediately say without doubt that PAPER BALLOTS signed by the voter Is the ONLY REAL LEGAL VOTE.

Yes I see that you can't comprehend the fact that the GOP is currently preparing to take sedition VIRAL.
Forget Noam Chomsky, Chris Hedges, Abby Martin, "Democracy Now!," Pacifica Radio, Green Party, Ralph Nader, you're straight up sounding like Greenwald and ONLY Greenwald.
I sound nothing like Greenwald.

"Here is Greenwald's reasoning for why Obama was worse than Trump. half a million covid deaths and trying to overthrow democracy apparently don't rate as "moral evil"

"
So you go through those metrics. George Bush and Dick Cheney started new wars in
Iraq and Afghanistan. Obama started new wars in Libya and Yemen. What new wars
did Donald Trump start? He escalated bombing campaigns, which he inherited, in a
pretty grotesque way. But he didn't start any new wars.

When you look at things like the destruction of Iraq or the implementation of a torture
regime—what has Donald Trump done that even remotely compares in terms of moral
evil to any of that? Nothing. And yet we're supposed to treat George Bush and Barack
Obama like morally upstanding statesmen and Donald Trump like the literal
reincarnation of Hitler."

May I suggest that Glenn Greenwald and his reasoning about so called "neoliberals" is just Greenwald's "gateway drug" to the Horseshoe Theory rationalization that eventually invents an excuse for just going ahead and normalizing Trump?
FFS Trump just attempted the Reichstag Fire 2.0 and you're clinging to bothsiderisms like it means something.

Donald Trump did not attempt anything remotely like the Reichstag. You can only criticize him by making up things that never happened. Or by lying about events to such a degree that you might as well be writing fiction.

As to this brain dead Twitter, no Covid deaths are not a moral evil. Any more than any particular flu death is a moral evil. You have no right to not get an infectious disease. The government has no obligation to protect anyone from such a disease. The fact that the government takes any action to suppress any disease, has typically been due to cost benefit analysis, or political reasons. Not because there is a moral imperative to do so.

I agree with voter ID although not with a compulsary unique voter ID. What I don't get is the resistance to well regulated mail in voting and early voting. In my view there is only one reason and that is a fear that it favours Dems. Instead of fearing that why not educate Republican voters so they make good use of it too?

That's exactly what they're afraid of.

And all summer long Democratic states pushed for voting law changes to help their side, up to and including breaking their own laws in making those changes. Cry me a river.
That's not a river flowing from you. It's an unending sewer of crap.

There is no way electronic balloting / counting will ever be legit In America or anywhere else. Cyber techs around the would have shown there is no machine made that can’t be hacked. The dems know this and spend their millions proving they can win a losing election. Cyber techs when asked about safe voting immediately say without doubt that PAPER BALLOTS signed by the voter Is the ONLY REAL LEGAL VOTE.

you think we should go back to hand counting each and every ballot with more than150 million people voting?

Every state in the union uses machines to count their votes and that will never go backwards.

None of this will make any difference if Congress, as expected, enacts the new Voting Rights Act. They have the authority, under Article I, Section 4, Clause 1 of the US Constitution, to alter any regulations established by states for the election of Senators and Representatives.

you think we should go back to hand counting each and every ballot with more than150 million people voting?

Every state in the union uses machines to count their votes and that will never go backwards.
To my knowledge, there is only one Democratic State that ever authorized machine voting that did not have a paper ballot. ALL of the other States that did were led by Republicans. Almost all of those machines have now been eliminated as they were unreliable (see Ohio, 2004). The standard in every jurisdiction, now, is paper ballots. Your correspondent is posting bullshit either because he's ignorant of how elections actually work, or because he's just dishonest. Either way, pay no attention.

they are the party of voter suppression.

There needs to be a Stacey Abrams in EVERY state - reviewing the laws, knocking on peoples doors, organizing, taking shit to court.

This. If the GOP is going to use this strategy, then what's needed are people to mobilize voters to not let this happen to them.

As a democrat, I can plead guilty to supporting laws that make it easier to vote. (There was a pandemic, after all.) But the simple, undeniable truth is that conservative forces throughout our country’s history have tried to limit the franchise. Liberal forces have tried to ensure all people’s right to vote. Used to be democrats preventing people from voting, now it’s republicans. Trump and other conservatives have admitted this, that more people voting puts them at a disadvantage. That’s why voter ID laws appeared shortly after the Supreme Court overturned parts of the Voting Rights Act that covered certain states, in those very Southern states (plus Arizona) that the Act had covered due to their record of voter suppression. That’s why in one state, a concealed carry permit was a valid ID but a student picture ID wasn’t. No mystery there. Demographics are against the GOP now, just as they were against the democrats after the civil war. The response in both cases is understandable politically, if deplorable morally.

Back
Top Bottom