• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Speckle-Tax - the final solution

I think it must be the same for everyone. One of the many problems we have now is that endless conflict over who pays what percentage. Lets just for now, we're discussing ONE PERCENT on all BANK transactions.

If your paycheck is $100, your tax will be $1.00. If your paycheck is $10,000 you will pay $100. See how fair and simple this is? If you buy a million dollars worth of stock, your broker will pay $10,000. Hopefully, you'll double your money and get back #2 million. When you deposit the check, you'll pay $20,000.

Obviously, the more you make, the more you pay. But we're discussing a very affordable percentage and no tax forms to fill out.

Okay, maybe that wasn't phrased as intended. What was meant is that increasing the base would lower the required tax on all transactions...

Don't forget to vote for me in 2016!
:):roll::)

Okay, maybe that wasn't phrased as intended. What was meant is that increasing the base would lower the required tax on all transactions...

That is fine so long as you don't spend any of it with a business, pay rent or a mortgage with it. Once you do the other party will take your money and pay speckle's tax with it. They will cost their products and services appropriately so you will end up paying - its another means of a sales tax - its not a bad one - but I'm skeptical it produces the revenue needed to operate our enjoyed society - be it constitutional in your opine or not.

What the business does with it once they have it is their problem, not mine. Just as I know the property taxes are included in the rent I pay, but I don't have to pay them directly. The less direct interaction I can have with the Local, State, and Federal taxing authorities, the better, so far as I am concerned.

And yet you benefit from it by living in a peaceful society, using communications invented by that horrid govt, and enjoying transportation, protection, and more from that govt you seem unwilling to fund.

What the business does with it once they have it is their problem, not mine. Just as I know the property taxes are included in the rent I pay, but I don't have to pay them directly. The less direct interaction I can have with the Local, State, and Federal taxing authorities, the better, so far as I am concerned.

Back
Top Bottom