• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Something Ain’t Right About Senator Tom Cotton

All republicans are scumbags that pander to or sit by and allow pandering to racist, moronic, Taliban base. They don't address any problems, they acttively claim government is bad and then their sole purpose is to tank bills, cause gridlock, and never do a damn thing to help the people for messes they created. They just want to get relelected and continue ripping off the people. and yes, there are dems like that, but dems are never in charge completely to get things done, os maybe they hide behind that. At least the democrat base wants it. THe republican base wants Afghanistan for htis country

For years post-adolescence, he came off as uninterested in intimacy with girls or women. His shotgun marriage surprised many who knew him personally. Closet Gay rumors circulated.
Did you grow up with him? How do you know this stuff?

Anything specific I should look for?
Start with his views on slavery, his disdain for the ACA and published comments from people who grew up with him and went to school with him.

You only need to follow what he said on the First Step Act to know all you need to know about Tom Cotton:

Passed the Senate 87-12. Passed the House 358-36. Heavy support from the Trump White House. But sure enough, it's a clear sign the Democrats are "soft on crime".

Bottom feeders like Cotton don't give a damn about truth or fact or anything but pandering to the lowest common denominator of society.

Did you grow up with him? How do you know this stuff?
Nope. I obtained information from the public domain. U.S. Senators tend to draw inordinate amounts of public scrutiny.

Start with his views on slavery, his disdain for the ACA and published comments from people who grew up with him and went to school with him.
I disagree with his views that slavery was a necessary evil upon which the Union was built, and his desire to repeal the ACA, but they seem like pretty standard views for Republicans these days. Couldn't find anything on the views of people who grew up with him.

I disagree with his views that slavery was a necessary evil upon which the Union was built, and his desire to repeal the ACA, but they seem like pretty standard views for Republicans these days. Couldn't find anything on the views of people who grew up with him.
I found some.

Pivoting, did you watch the YouTube clip in post #31?

I found some.

Pivoting, did you watch the YouTube clip in post #31?
Yeah, he's definitely a disingenuous, partisan liar. But this seems par for the course for most Republicans these days.

Did you support our U.S. military interventions in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan? I did not. I turned 18 in 1974.

I currently support aggressive intervention in Ukraine.
I was also working for McGovern to end the war in '72. I turned 18 in 1973. I was registered for the draft and was ready to go do my duty should my number have been called. I did not support the above wars. I do not support US intervention in the Ukraine.

Leo C. Weekes, Registered Sexual Offender. DOB: 9/19/80

Looks to me like you parroted the popular narrative from White Right WingNut sites.

Can you produce any sentencing statements from the victimized niece?

Did you know why the sister-in-law declined to press charges? Do you know the age of the sister-in-law?
“This is not a butt grab, a misdemeanor kind of case … this is not consensual sex between a 20-year-old and a 16-year-old,” the prosecutor told Jackson. “This is an individual who, at trial, was convicted of essentially violently raping a 13-year-old child.

”According to a DC police report cited by federal prosecutors, Weekes allegedly plied his sister-in-law with liquor while she was babysitting for his wife. He then allegedly started touching her, trying three separate times to pull her leggings down, the report says.

On the third occasion, the report alleges, Weekes “was able to digitally penetrate her vagina with his fingers and then tried to perform oral sex on her.” In response, the sister-in-law punched Weekes in the head, stopping the alleged attack.

“She noticed that the defendant had his penis exposed and was trying to insert it,” the report continues, “but was unable to get close.”

Weekes was initially arrested and charged with first-degree sexual abuse with aggravating circumstances. However, that charge was dropped after his sister-in-law opted not to cooperate with police or testify before a grand jury.

“I no longer want to pursue this matter,” the victim wrote in a letter lodged in court filings. “I want to be left alone. I don’t remember any thing [sic].”

Prosecutors said Weekes had paid her $2,500 to make the matter go away."

I understand why you like the judge so much and are eager to defend the child rapist.

Nope. I obtained information from the public domain. U.S. Senators tend to draw inordinate amounts of public scrutiny.
Someone someplace on the Internet wrote that "he came off as uninterested in intimacy with girls or women. His shotgun marriage surprised many who knew him personally. Closet Gay rumors circulated." And you felt confident enough in that bullshit's truth to spread it further?

“This is not a butt grab, a misdemeanor kind of case … this is not consensual sex between a 20-year-old and a 16-year-old,” the prosecutor told Jackson. “This is an individual who, at trial, was convicted of essentially violently raping a 13-year-old child.

”According to a DC police report cited by federal prosecutors, Weekes allegedly plied his sister-in-law with liquor while she was babysitting for his wife. He then allegedly started touching her, trying three separate times to pull her leggings down, the report says.

On the third occasion, the report alleges, Weekes “was able to digitally penetrate her vagina with his fingers and then tried to perform oral sex on her.” In response, the sister-in-law punched Weekes in the head, stopping the alleged attack.

“She noticed that the defendant had his penis exposed and was trying to insert it,” the report continues, “but was unable to get close.”

Weekes was initially arrested and charged with first-degree sexual abuse with aggravating circumstances. However, that charge was dropped after his sister-in-law opted not to cooperate with police or testify before a grand jury.

“I no longer want to pursue this matter,” the victim wrote in a letter lodged in court filings. “I want to be left alone. I don’t remember any thing [sic].”

Prosecutors said Weekes had paid her $2,500 to make the matter go away."

I understand why you like the judge so much and are eager to defend the child rapist.
Got it. You cannot produce any statements from the niece. You do not know why his sister-in-law opted not to press charges.

Someone someplace on the Internet wrote that "he came off as uninterested in intimacy with girls or women. His shotgun marriage surprised many who knew him personally. Closet Gay rumors circulated." And you felt confident enough in that bullshit's truth to spread it further?
Ha ha ha. Going to guess you opted to do scant research, if any, on the topic.

Cotton routinely spews BS. Fact, not fiction.

Got it. You cannot produce any statements from the niece. You do not know why his sister-in-law opted not to press charges.
Got it. The prosecutor was just a Trumper waiting for the day when the judge would be nominated for the supreme court. The prosecutor lied about the case JUST to make your hero judge look like a piece of shit.

I understand why you defend her.

Ha ha ha. Going to guess you opted to do scant research, if any, on the topic.

Cotton routinely spews BS. Fact, not fiction.
You "researched" this? OK, what's your support for your claim he had a shotgun wedding? Or that he was "uninterested in intimacy with girls or women?"

Got it. The prosecutor was just a Trumper waiting for the day when the judge would be nominated for the supreme court. The prosecutor lied about the case JUST to make your hero judge look like a piece of shit.

I understand why you defend her.
Sure looks likely Jackson becomes the 6th woman AND the 1st Black woman to ever serve on the USSC.

You "researched" this? OK, what's your support for your claim he had a shotgun wedding? Or that he was "uninterested in intimacy with girls or women?"
You come off as intellectually lazy.

Tom Cotton reminds me of the Unabomber. Do you remember Ted Kacznski, Mathematics prodigy, convicted murderer and author of Industrial Society and Its Future.

Tom grew up on a small farm with an older sister and parents in small town Arkansas. He needed speech therapy throughout his preteen years to overcome a speech disability.

6’5” tall, he played basketball for his high school team and obsessed on gaining admission to Harvard. He went on to obtain both an undergraduate and Law degree from Harvard. After a short stint in private law practice, he joined Army Infantry, gained admission into OCS and accumulated many accolades during his military career.

For years post-adolescence, he came off as uninterested in intimacy with girls or women. His shotgun marriage surprised many who knew him personally. Closet Gay rumors circulated.

For me, he seems at least one full standard deviation away from normal, way too militant! I suspect some form and variation of autism or Asperger Syndrome factors into his behavior and mannerisms.

What do you think of Senator Tom Cotton?

You think Tom Cotton is in the closet????

This is hardly news, though.

Let's just say it: Tom Cotton is as gay as Christmas morning.

And so is Lindsey Graham, since we're on the subject.

If we're going to talk about it, let's just get out in the open what I'm sure most people have long-assumed.

And, while we're at it....let's just acknowledge that CLOSETED HOMOSEXUALITY and/or PEDOPHILIA is now, and has long-been, a bug (if not a feature) of the far-right, social/religious conservative movement.
  • -Rep. Mark Foley (Fla)-caught soliciting gay sex from Congressional pages.
  • -Rep. Denny Hastert (Illinois)-former high school wrestling coach (and "family values" guy) who RAPED high school BOYS
  • -Judge Roy Moore (Ala)- no accusations of being gay....."only" having sex with 14 and 16 year old girls.
  • -Sen. Larry Craig (Wy)-Mr. "Wide Stance" himself
  • -Gov. Jim McGreevey (NJ)
  • -Rev. Ted Haggard (Mega-church pastor and anti-gay crusader)
  • -Rev. George Rekkers (Family Research Council)
  • -Rep. Eric Massa (NY)
  • -Rep Matt Gaetz (Fla)
And I'm sure I'm missing more than a few of the higher profile cases over the last few decades. Notice the LACK of many "liberal" political/religious leaders on that list??? So, clearly, there is something about being a hard core "family values"/"Christian Right" type that tends to correlate with repressed homosexuality and/ or pedophilia.

Infidelity, in general, within the power political classes....is certainly a bipartisan reality. It's almost to be expected. But closeted homosexuality and sexual perversion....tend to be overwhelmingly a CONSERVATIVE problem.

But, as for Cotton, the rumors about him were going around in Arkansas for a LONG time. People who attended high school with him has, when interviewed, say that it was always just assumed (by his classmates) that Cotton was gay or bisexual.

Why Do So Many People in Arkansas Not Believe Tom Cotton Is Straight?

"...if you talk to just about anyone in Arkansas political circles—as well as average citizens in his hometown of Dardanelle—you'll hear about a persistent rumor that Tom Cotton, a budding face of the GOP and outspoken opponent of homosexuality, is gay."

"Nonetheless, political operatives are far from the only people in Arkansas spreading, or acknowledging, the rumor that Cotton is gay. We spoke to a well-connected local source who has heard whispers about Cotton's sexuality dating back years. We spoke to several of Cotton's high school classmates who said that although there were not suspicions about Cotton when he was in school, they have since heard the rumor that he is gay.

"I never seen tom with a girl or talk about one. rumor was he was gay but no proof ever found," said one woman

---------------------

My personal view about Cotton (and Graham): Who cares?

The only reason their sexuality matters is because of their ridiculous grandstanding FOR "conservative family values" and AGAINST LGBT issues.

You think Tom Cotton is in the closet????

This is hardly news, though.

Let's just say it: Tom Cotton is as gay as Christmas morning.

And so is Lindsey Graham, since we're on the subject.

If we're going to talk about it, let's just get out in the open what I'm sure most people have long-assumed.

And, while we're at it....let's just acknowledge that CLOSETED HOMOSEXUALITY and/or PEDOPHILIA is now, and has long-been, a bug (if not a feature) of the far-right, social/religious conservative movement.
  • -Rep. Mark Foley (Fla)-caught soliciting gay sex from Congressional pages.
  • -Rep. Denny Hastert (Illinois)-former high school wrestling coach (and "family values" guy) who RAPED high school BOYS
  • -Judge Roy Moore (Ala)- no accusations of being gay....."only" having sex with 14 and 16 year old girls.
  • -Sen. Larry Craig (Wy)-Mr. "Wide Stance" himself
  • -Gov. Jim McGreevey (NJ)
  • -Rev. Ted Haggard (Mega-church pastor and anti-gay crusader)
  • -Rev. George Rekkers (Family Research Council)
  • -Rep. Eric Massa (NY)
  • -Rep Matt Gaetz (Fla)
And I'm sure I'm missing more than a few of the higher profile cases over the last few decades. Notice the LACK of many "liberal" political/religious leaders on that list??? So, clearly, there is something about being a hard core "family values"/"Christian Right" type that tends to correlate with repressed homosexuality and/ or pedophilia.

Infidelity, in general, within the power political classes....is certainly a bipartisan reality. It's almost to be expected. But closeted homosexuality and sexual perversion....tend to be overwhelmingly a CONSERVATIVE problem.

But, as for Cotton, the rumors about him were going around in Arkansas for a LONG time. People who attended high school with him has, when interviewed, say that it was always just assumed (by his classmates) that Cotton was gay or bisexual.

Why Do So Many People in Arkansas Not Believe Tom Cotton Is Straight?

"...if you talk to just about anyone in Arkansas political circles—as well as average citizens in his hometown of Dardanelle—you'll hear about a persistent rumor that Tom Cotton, a budding face of the GOP and outspoken opponent of homosexuality, is gay."

"Nonetheless, political operatives are far from the only people in Arkansas spreading, or acknowledging, the rumor that Cotton is gay. We spoke to a well-connected local source who has heard whispers about Cotton's sexuality dating back years. We spoke to several of Cotton's high school classmates who said that although there were not suspicions about Cotton when he was in school, they have since heard the rumor that he is gay.

"I never seen tom with a girl or talk about one. rumor was he was gay but no proof ever found," said one woman

---------------------

My personal view about Cotton (and Graham): Who cares?

The only reason their sexuality matters is because of their ridiculous grandstanding FOR "conservative family values" and AGAINST LGBT issues.
All grins! Great post! Go Pete!

Someone someplace on the Internet...
-peace
1649563639046.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom