• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So Why Should we Vaccinate our Children from Covid?

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Since the failure of the vaccine to meet expectations the default now well, it never was meant to prevent you from catching Covid, but keep you out of the hospital. The verdict is in re: Vaccine effectiveness from contracting the virus. Like th flu shot, its a poor return on investment. This is an example of why Fauci will be answering some tough questions under oath.

Note headline from Oct 2021 NBCNEWS

Last week, Pfizer-BioNTech reported that their vaccine was 91 percent effective against symptomatic illness in children ages 5 to11.

And today we have this news;

Pfizer Jab In Young People 0% Effective After 5 Months​

The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine turned negatively effective after five months, according to a new study.

A health care worker fills a syringe with Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine in a file image. (Robyn Beck/AFP via Getty Images)

Researchers with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) analyzed test results from sites across the United States and determined that the vaccine was 60 percent effective two to four weeks after 12- to 15-year-olds got the second of the two-dose primary regimen.

But the effectiveness, measured against symptomatic illness, quickly plummeted, hitting 20 percent around month two and zero around month five.

After that, recipients in the age group were more likely to be infected by COVID-19.

Vaccine effectiveness “was no longer significantly different from 0 during month 3 after the second dose,” the researchers wrote in the study, which was published by the Journal of the American Medical Association.

Pfizer, its partner BioNTech, and the CDC didn’t respond to requests for comment.

The analyzed tests were performed between Dec. 26, 2021, and Feb. 21, 2022. Some 47,700 tests among 12- to 15-year-olds were included, with about half being unvaccinated. The testing data was on the Increasing Community Access to Testing, a program funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that contracts with pharmacy chains to perform drive-through testing. The testing data was supplemented by information in questionnaires filled out by adults with the adolescents.

Limitations of the study included vaccination being self-reported.

The study was funded by the U.S. government.

The study also found that vaccine effectiveness against symptomatic infection plunged quickly for those 5 to 11 years old, starting at 60 percent but hitting 23 percent just one month later.

One way to combat the negative effectiveness, researchers said, was to get a booster dose.

Of the 906 12- to 15-year-olds who got a third, or booster, dose, the effectiveness was measured at 71 percent two to six weeks after receipt.

Other studies, though, show that the protection from a booster, like that from the primary regimen, quickly wanes.

“Given the well-established pattern of waning mRNA VE after 2 doses and early evidence of waning of booster dose protection in adults, monitoring the duration of protection from booster doses in adolescents will be important,” researchers said.

Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are built on messenger RNA (mRNA) technology. VE refers to vaccine effectiveness.

In another study published by the same journal on May 13, New York researchers reported the gap of infection and hospitalization risk between unvaccinated and vaccinated youth narrowing over time, with vaccinated 5- to 11-year-olds being infected at a rate of 62 per 100,000 and unvaccinated being infected at a rate of 70 per 100,000.

That was an incidence rate ratio of 1.1; the rate ratio for 12- to 17-year-olds was 2.

The protection also waned considerably against hospitalization over time, researchers found.

They said that the findings DO NOT SUPPORT support “efforts to increase vaccination coverage in children and adolescents.

Last edited:
LOL
91% effective is very good as far as vaccines go.
So your child goes from a 100% chance of becoming seriously ill to a 9% chance.
Not sure any further explanation is required.
NBC news opinion about severity of the illness. I didn't find that comment in the link. Instead they said;

We know it’s milder, we know [children] navigate it better than certainly older adults,” Dr. Buddy Creech, a pediatric infectious disease expert at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee, told NBC News senior medical correspondent Dr. John Torres on Thursday. “But we also recognize that there’s a burden of infection in children. And now we’ve got a tool to prevent it.”

So, the tool (vaccine) was suppose to provide protection against infection

Except it doesn't

NBC news opinion about severity of the illness. I didn't find that comment in the link. Instead they said;

We know it’s milder, we know [children] navigate it better than certainly older adults,” Dr. Buddy Creech, a pediatric infectious disease expert at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee, told NBC News senior medical correspondent Dr. John Torres on Thursday. “But we also recognize that there’s a burden of infection in children. And now we’ve got a tool to prevent it.”

Except it doesn't
Algora.com is not a reliable source.

Holy shit, read a bit more from that blog, and what a complete nutcase it is. Example: https://www.algora.com/Algora_blog/2021/08/25/9-11-was-a-straussian-coup

I am not going to argue that 9/11 was essentially a Zionist coup. I assume that most Unz Review readers have already reached that conclusion. I refer those who haven’t to Christopher Bollyn’s work (his latest book is a good introduction) or to my own contribution, “9/11 was an Israeli Job”. What I want to do here is shed some light on the dark soul that plotted that incredibly daring operation.

Tells you everything you need to know about the OP, who reads that blog and believes in it.

Except it doesn't
No one ever said that. You are wrong. In fact I recall a lot of MSM discussion on sterilizing immunity (immunity from infection) in the context of stopping transmission and there being lots of doubt about it.

Algora.com is not a reliable source.
I haven’t read the JAMA in detail but the dat presented in it does support, at first glance anyway, that vaccine effectiveness in young children does go to near 0 very quickly

I believe in the links embedded within the article. Use Google to get there if you prefer.
You mean this link: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2792525

Let me quote from that link, with some bolding by me:

The risks of infection and hospitalization were elevated for unvaccinated vs vaccinated children aged 5 to 11 and 12 to 17 years, although the risk declined as Omicron became more prevalent. Protection declined with time since vaccination. These results complement recent findings of reduced vaccine effectiveness for adolescents against the Delta variant2 and the dual effects of the variant and waning protection against infection, with sustained protection against hospitalizations.4

Study limitations include that home testing was not reported and could affect case numbers if testing practices differed by vaccination status. Booster doses were not accounted for in the weekly analysis but comprised a small percentage of vaccinations (12.5% of adolescents by January 31, 2022). In the analysis period of time since vaccination, children aged 5 to 11 years were vaccinated soon after vaccine approval; and those aged 12 to 17 years, relatively later. The 2 groups may differ in test seeking or exposures.

These findings support efforts to increase vaccination coverage in children and adolescents and review dosing strategies for children aged 5 to 11 years.6

So did you not actually read the link, not understand the link, or where you just going to lie about it?

No one ever said that. You are wrong. In fact I recall a lot of MSM discussion on sterilizing immunity (immunity from infection) in the context of stopping transmission and there being lots of doubt about it.
Yes they did. Read #4 again. We have a 'tool' to prevent infection

If I was dumb enough to vaccine my kids I would be grasping for straws too. Its a fight or flight reaciton

Evidently you don't understand what you posted means
That with Delta and Omicron the vaccine is less effective, especially without boosters. Less effective is not the same thing as not effective. The study itself points out that the solution is more vaccination, not less. I note that you are desperately trying to avoid particulars in your objections. This is one of those big clues that some one either does not know about the issues they are talking about, or are lying about the topic.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch

5 months..... I'm right again. Trying to catch Trump

Vaccnie additcts can have a real party now.

FDA authorizes Pfizer Covid-19 booster shots for children ages 5 to 11​

(CNN) -- The US Food and Drug Administration has granted emergency use authorization for a booster dose of Pfizer/BioNTech's Covid-19 vaccine for children ages 5 to 11 at least five months after completion of the primary vaccine series.

Pfizer requested this EUA at the end of April, citing company data that showed that a third vaccine dose raised Omicron-fighting antibodies by 36 times in this age group.

If I was dumb enough to vaccine my kids I would be grasping for straws too. Its a fight or flight reaciton
I had both doses last year and just got boosted a few weeks ago. The vaccine is 10x safer than getting covid19.

Except it doesn't
Except it lessens the chances.
No vaccine, ever, has been 100%.
If I had young kids they would absolutely be vaccinated and boosted.

Back
Top Bottom