• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So if Desantis wins the primary

Simpletruther

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Voter turn out will be down. The trump rednecks will go fishing gon election day. And redneck females will play with the kids at the trailer park.

But a good number of beta males will get their hair done on election day as well. And a number of histerical females will go to relief therapy inIstead of voting.

No question motivation from each side will drop.

But which side gets hurt worse on that end of it?
I think it's a net loss for the GOP.

But My feeling is that enough never Trumpers will swing back to offsetting loss and that desnatis can possibly take it all.

So if Desantis wins the primary​

The US will be screwed again...just like we've been for 40+ years before Trump.

Way too early to tell...way too early. I think he can win the primaries but will have a serious challenger in Youngkin. It will depend on how they weather the Trump hate storm and/or Trump runs as an Independent which I think is becoming a stronger possibility. If it's between DeSantis and Youngkin I think Youngkin can get the broader appeal from Independents unless DeSantis makes some significant pivots away from his strongman persona.

Trump might run as an Indepentent to avoid Party conflicts with DeSantis.

This would be the most prudent move for Trump, IMO. Lots of GOP people are conspicuously distancing themselves from Trump.

If Biden is allowed to run again, then DeSantis or Trump would win - which is a win for ALL Americans. 88% of Americans think the country is on the wrong track.

This would be the most prudent move for Trump, IMO. Lots of GOP people are conspicuously distancing themselves from Trump.

If Biden is allowed to run again, then DeSantis or Trump would win - which is a win for ALL Americans.
I agree with your first and second sentences but not your third. A split RW ticket lets the Dems , with the help of Independents, walk right up the middle.....even with Biden. But it won't be Biden.

No big deal if DeSantis wins the nomination.

He will be defeated by any Democrat (even if they force worn-out Joe to run again).

Dems are always complaining that the Electoral College is unfair.

Well, this time it will play to the Dems' advantage.

A few blue states loaded with liberals would never, ever vote for DeSantis.

Voter turn out will be down. The trump rednecks will go fishing gon election day. And redneck females will play with the kids at the trailer park.

But a good number of beta males will get their hair done on election day as well. And a number of histerical females will go to relief therapy inIstead of voting.

But My feeling is that enough never Trumpers will swing back to offsetting loss and that desnatis can possibly take it all.

I think many trumpists would back Decrappis.
Although such a scenario as you describe would certainly cost the GQP at least some votes. I think most would still vote Decrappis, and he'll be saying lots of really dumb stuff for the next 2 years to prove to the GQP base that he's "trumpie" enough.
In any case my predictions before the midterms that trump had about shot his wad look like they might be accurate, I see a weakened GOP overall and its because of their embrace of trumptardism. A few more years of imbeciles like Lake and Boebert and folks will REALLY be sick of it imo. This is just my prediction, the way I see it.

I think many trumpists would back Decrappis.
Although such a scenario as you describe would certainly cost the GQP at least some votes. I think most would still vote Decrappis, and he'll be saying lots of really dumb stuff for the next 2 years to prove to the GQP base that he's "trumpie" enough.
In any case my predictions before the midterms that trump had about shot his wad look like they might be accurate, I see a weakened GOP overall and its because of their embrace of trumptardism. A few more years of imbeciles like Lake and Boebert and folks will REALLY be sick of it imo. This is just my prediction, the way I see it.
Desantis isn't a lake or Boebet. He is in a totally different class. Highly educated and savy.

If Biden is allowed to run again, then DeSantis or Trump would win - which is a win for ALL Americans. 88% of Americans think the country is on the wrong track.

Trump might run as an independent to force a party conflict.

That party belongs to him, and he is not going to let it go.

Desantis isn't a lake or Boebet. He is in a totally different class. Highly educated and savy.
He also cruel and that’s not going to play well with moderates.

Replace Peltola with the Dem nominee, and the two Rs with Trump and whoever the R nominee is, and this would be the likely result:

image_2022-11-12_122628691.png

Not everyone thinkS like you. Ple ty of moderates see immigration as an issue.
Sure some see it as an issue, but it doesn’t mean that cruelty is the answer.

Also I suspect as the climate deteriorates, it’s just going to keep being more of an issue.

Trump running as an Independent would still be almost assuredly an automatic loss for DeSantis. 99.99% of the votes Trump would get as an Independent would come from people who would have otherwise voted for DeSantis. The worst case scenario for Democrats to still eke out a win if Trump doesn't run would be to get 51% of Americans to vote Democrat instead of Republican. The worse case scenario for Democrats to still eke out a win if Trump did run would be to if Trump got 33% of the vote, DeSantis got 33% of the vote, and Biden got 34% of the vote. Biden could theoretically win the 2024 election with 34% of the votes if Trump ran as an Independent. He would have to pull a minimum of 51% of the votes if Trump doesn't run.

Trump is a massive liability even running as an Independent. Any Trump campaign for president at all, whether it is on a Republican or an Independent ticket, is a liability for Republicans.

So if Desantis wins the primary​

The US will be screwed again...just like we've been for 40+ years before Trump.
Would it be better to have Biden in the White House or DeSantis?

Sure some see it as an issue, but it doesn’t mean that cruelty is the answer.

Also I suspect as the climate deteriorates, it’s just going to keep being more of an issue.
People. Define cruelty vastly different from one another.

Give an example of cruelty.

When you convince a person to leave a safe space with a lie promising work and shelter and drop them off miles from anything with no support...people who don't ecen speak the language .....that is cruel.

When you send your voting police to publicly humiliate and arrest men who thought they voted legally cuff them and parade them in front of news cameras and their children for your personal political gain that is cruel

Arresting people for voting inappropriately, cruelty to gay students and teachers, kidnapping Latinos under false pretenses, suppressing black voters

I think it'll just be a lower turnout on both sides - not as motivated for and against - and a similar margin or chance of winning for either that you'd see in a normal election year without lightning rods like Trump.

Trump himself of course, will whine and sulk on social media how the primary was 'rigged'....like he does every time he loses. What a little crybaby.

No big deal if DeSantis wins the nomination.

He will be defeated by any Democrat (even if they force worn-out Joe to run again).
Wishful thinking on your part. Desantis within two years turned the purple state of Florida deep red. He is also very popular with conservatives outside of Florida. Any democrat would not have a chance of taking Florida and it's 40 electoral college votes. Democrats typically seek to use the state as an immediate kill shot.

Last edited:
Wishful thinking on your part. Desantis within two years turned the purple state of Florida deep red. He is alsoo very popular with conservatives outside of Florida. Any democrat would not have a chance of taking Florida and it's 40 electoral college votes. Democrats typically seek to use the state as an immediate kill shot.
FL didn't matter in 2020....won't matter in 2024

FL didn't matter in 2020....won't matter in 2024
How would you have the foggiest clue whether it will matter in 2024? If it's a close race, it's 40 electoral college votes will absolutely matter. Ask the hildabeast and owlgore.

That's not how they voted

Back
Top Bottom