• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Smallville Premeire

Caine said:
(sorry about the ghetto last post..lol)

Anyways, they DID show him fly... well...sort of

They showed him do his little energy building thing, sort of like when he flew as Kal-El that first time in the 4th season.

Anyways, thats what I think.

Yes, the ground swelled exactly like when he flew in the season 4 premeire, but IMO it was definitely a jump. He slid along the rocket until he dug in. If he had flown, he would have went straight to the warhead. I think the writers are running out of ideas, and they have to show him flying this season. It might even boost the ratings a bit.

kal-el said:
Yes, the ground swelled exactly like when he flew in the season 4 premeire, but IMO it was definitely a jump. He slid along the rocket until he dug in. If he had flown, he would have went straight to the warhead. I think the writers are running out of ideas, and they have to show him flying this season. It might even boost the ratings a bit.

I like the ground effects when he launches from the surface.

GySgt said:
I like the ground effects when he launches from the surface.

Yup, they are awesome. I am going to watch that episode again now, anyone have tivo? Tivo's probably the best invention since sliced bread. Anyway, I heard for the season premeire, they passed their budget early on, so they really couldn't show much in the fight scene between Clark and the 2 Kryptonians. Did anyone download that Smallvile vidoe I posted? It's really good, if you like the special effects, and Pat Benatar. I stumbled unto it on a websit, it is called, "Invincible."

I want to see superboy stomp folks and break things. So far the season sucks. I was buying comics when they cost 12 cents. I'm up to speed and you can't hang. Stan Lee rules. Puny humans. Avengers assemble.

teacher said:
I want to see superboy stomp folks and break things. So far the season sucks. I was buying comics when they cost 12 cents. I'm up to speed and you can't hang. Stan Lee rules. Puny humans. Avengers assemble.

I'm a huge Batman fan, myself.

Smallville

Here is the Wb's description ofnext week's episode:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/aquadescription.htm

aquaman2cx.gif

Last edited:
Re: Smallville

Tonight's episode entitled,"Aqua" was just sup-par. I think this one and "Mortal" had to be the worst ones of the season so far.

kal-el said:
Tonight's episode entitled,"Aqua" was just sup-par. I think this one and "Mortal" had to be the worst ones of the season so far.

Damn, I liked it, except I'm tired of seeing him move really fast. Why doesn't he start smashing things and bending metal and flying and lifting cars and breaking down walls.....

I liked how he "flak jacketed" that bomb. That was cool.

GySgt said:
Damn, I liked it, except I'm tired of seeing him move really fast. Why doesn't he start smashing things and bending metal and flying and lifting cars and breaking down walls.....

I liked how he "flak jacketed" that bomb. That was cool.

I probably have come to expect too much from Smallville. You're right, I think they need to show him using his abilities more.

You see how he referenced the flash?:2razz:

kal-el said:
I probably have come to expect too much from Smallville. You're right, I think they need to show him using his abilities more.

You see how he referenced the flash?:2razz:

I saw that. I also noticed a shot in the arm to the "JLA". I have another Gunny in my unit that is going to let me borrow the Smallivilles. I should start watching this weekend, since wekend TV sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before. (NFL SUNDAY excluded, of course)

GySgt said:
I saw that. I also noticed a shot in the arm to the "JLA". I have another Gunny in my unit that is going to let me borrow the Smallivilles. I should start watching this weekend, since wekend TV sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before. (NFL SUNDAY excluded, of course)

Yes, the Justice League. It's also funny how at the end, Clark told Lois that someday she will meet someone even more special.

Lex seems to be really embracing his dark side this season. But where's Lionel-el?:lol:

BTW, I found this pic of Clark super leaping from "hidden":
hidden1yb.gif

Last edited:

Look at this pic, Clark's boobs are bigger than Lana's, lol:

50407copy7fg.jpg

kal-el said:
Look at this pic, Clark's boobs are bigger than Lana's, lol:

50407copy7fg.jpg

Dude...he looks some damn gay in that outfit. That's the ass kicker. When they finally do get around to placing him in "uniform", I wonder how they are going to pull it off.

GySgt said:
Dude...he looks some damn gay in that outfit. That's the ass kicker. When they finally do get around to placing him in "uniform", I wonder how they are going to pull it off.

Yea, I'm too used to seeing superman in plaid. The writers swear by their rule of "no flights, no tights". They say that this series is just about the journey to becoming Supes, so they say their not going to show him flying, or in the suit.

kal-el said:
Yea, I'm too used to seeing superman in plaid. The writers swear by their rule of "no flights, no tights". They say that this series is just about the journey to becoming Supes, so they say their not going to show him flying, or in the suit.

Aw, that sucks. I thought we were working towards something.

GySgt said:
Aw, that sucks. I thought we were working towards something.

Yea I think they might disregard that rule, say if the ratings plummett for some reason, to get more viewers, so far it's definetly scheduled for 6 seasons, but if all goes well, maybe 7!

kal-el said:
Yea I think they might disregard that rule, say if the ratings plummett for some reason, to get more viewers, so far it's definetly scheduled for 6 seasons, but if all goes well, maybe 7!

If the show is about "Smallville", then they will have to be do something HUGE by the end of this season leading into the next. Otherwise, it's going to turn into just another dragged out Drama show that is hanging on to something that should have ended before they ruined it.

Also, they need to change the opening theme song. That crap is gay.

GySgt said:
If the show is about "Smallville", then they will have to be do something HUGE by the end of this season leading into the next. Otherwise, it's going to turn into just another dragged out Drama show that is hanging on to something that should have ended before they ruined it.

I agree, Clark is 18 now, IMO it's time he embraces all of his powers.

Also, they need to change the opening theme song. That crap is gay.

Agreed. It was cool the first couple seasons, but now it is old. I seen they changed the opening credits though, it's a start.

kal-el said:
I agree, Clark is 18 now, IMO it's time he embraces all of his powers.

Agreed. It was cool the first couple seasons, but now it is old. I seen they changed the opening credits though, it's a start.

Yeah. Something with electric guitars and a harder sound. An individual with his powers deserves something better than the lyrical and whiney, "saaaaaaave me". It would be a kick ass transformation if he was about to embrace his powers at the very end of this season, and the new harder hitting theme song was introduced at the beginning of the next with his powers being fully charged for our entertainment.

GySgt said:
Yeah. Something with electric guitars and a harder sound. An individual with his powers deserves something better than the lyrical and whiney, "saaaaaaave me". It would be a kick ass transformation if he was about to embrace his powers at the very end of this season, and the new harder hitting theme song was introduced at the beginning of the next with his powers being fully charged for our entertainment.

Yes, I totally agree, and I really hate all the lovey-dovey scenes, for god's sake it's like superman's creek.:lol:

Last episode kind of sucked. However, did you notice the name of the the virus cure was called "1138." If you don't know, thia was in honor of George Lucas. He places this number in every one of his movies in honor of his very first movie..THX 1138.

So far he has met the Flash and Aquaman. It's just a matter of time before a young Bruce Wayne walks through the town. That would be cool.

What's the next one about?

Last edited:
GySgt said:
Last episode kind of sucked. However, did you notice the name of the the virus cure was called "1138." If you don't know, thia was in honor of George Lucas. He places this number in every one of his movies in honor of his very first movie..THX 1138.

I didn't know this, any yea, Iwas extremely disapointed with this episode.

So far he has met the Flash and Aquaman. It's just a matter of time before a young Bruce Wayne walks through the town. That would be cool.

I guess

What's the next one about?

Here's the officialWB description:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/exposeddescription.htm

kal-el said:
I guess

Here's the officialWB description:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/exposeddescription.htm

What do you mean, "you guess?" So far, two members of the JLA have been introduced. They might as well make an underlying theme out of it and introduce them all. Except Wonder Woman. What the hell was that biatch about anyway?:roll:

That episode sounds boring. When is he going to fight The Beyonder? Oh wait...That was Marvel.

Back
Top Bottom