• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Smallville Premeire

I actually liked last nights episode.
Im not usually a big fan of the "freak of the week" episodes, but this one was different because it caused a large shift in relationships between people in the show. Namely Clark and Lex.... and Clark and Lana. They didn't actually "DO IT" yet, but Im assuming the next episode will start with them in bed "after" they did it... or something like that.

Cant wait until next week

Caine said:
Im not usually a big fan of the "freak of the week" episodes, but this one was different because it caused a large shift in relationships between people in the show. Namely Clark and Lex.... and Clark and Lana. They didn't actually "DO IT" yet, but Im assuming the next episode will start with them in bed "after" they did it... or something like that.

Forget that. I want to see him with his powers and wrecking ****. This is why I didn't get into it earlier on (although I wish I had). There's so much suspense and anxiety for the next episode. He better get his powers back next week and start learning.

So, question...the two freakish twins were referred to as the Wonder Twins... they werent really like some predecessor to the wonder twins were they?

I watched one episode and I swear it had Louis Lane in it. Where's she go?

And what's the deal with rocks from his home planet making him weak. Kinda odd. So I guess if his planet hadn't exploded and he was still on it he'd be some sort of weak-ass? With no inhibitions?

jallman said:
So, question...the two freakish twins were referred to as the Wonder Twins... they werent really like some predecessor to the wonder twins were they?

You're guess is as good as mine.:2razz:

Originally posted by Kelzie

She's actually a main character this season. She's in the opening credits.

Originally posted by GySgt
Forget that. I want to see him with his powers and wrecking ****. This is why I didn't get into it earlier on (although I wish I had). There's so much suspense and anxiety for the next episode. He better get his powers back next week and start learning

Yea, IMO its alot better when he is super-powered. I like the special effects of the show.

So this is where the battling minds go on vacation.

Only some of us.:2razz:

Originally posted by Caine

I thought last nights episode was probably one of the most boring episodes yet. Episodes like "Crusade" where Clark flies, and the second season "Red", set the bar pretty high. I could care less about the relationships, although it is interesting how Clark and Chloe work together. I really hope he learns to fly this season. I liked the episode last season called "Run" where Clark met the Flash. The Flash is actually faster than Clark.

Kelzie said:

And what's the deal with rocks from his home planet making him weak. Kinda odd. So I guess if his planet hadn't exploded and he was still on it he'd be some sort of weak-ass? With no inhibitions?

Yeah, I've never understood why Kryptonite can kill him. It came from his own home planet. That would be like me going to another planet and having super Marine powers, but a chunk of Mt. Everest falls on the planet and can be used to kick my ass.

"I thought last nights episode was probably one of the most boring episodes yet. Episodes like "Crusade" where Clark flies, and the second season "Red", set the bar pretty high. I could care less about the relationships, although it is interesting how Clark and Chloe work together. I really hope he learns to fly this season. I liked the episode last season called "Run" where Clark met the Flash. The Flash is actually faster than Clark."

I'm downloading those two episodes right now.

This is true. In the comic book there was a "fair" race around the world and the Flash won.

GySgt said:
Yeah, I've never understood why Kryptonite can kill him. It came from his own home planet. That would be like me going to another planet and having super Marine powers, but a chunk of Mt. Everest falls on the planet and can be used to kick my ass.

BWAHAHAHA

Hey do you ever watch Mail Call?

SKILMATIC said:
BWAHAHAHA

Hey do you ever watch Mail Call?

Yeah. I love F. Lee Ermy. He is a Marine favorite.

GySgt said:
Yeah. I love F. Lee Ermy. He is a Marine favorite.

I know I love him too. He makes marines pround and I am sure the marines had to plead with him to retire casue he would die serving active duty in the marines.
I love that marine

SKILMATIC said:
I know I love him too. He makes marines pround and I am sure the marines had to plead with him to retire casue he would die serving active duty in the marines.
I love that marine

That was the type of man you were glad to have with you on the beach invasions of normandy and in the south pacific islands.

Hoorah!!! Semper Fi

GySgt said:
I'm downloading those two episodes right now.

Awesome! I highly suggest you see the following episodes:

Season 2 Duplicity- Pete finds out Clark's secret
Red- Clark discovers Red-Kryptonite
Nocturne- There's a Fow on there that reminds me of the incredible hulk.
Ryan-Clark uses his powers to bust into a mental asylum, and it shows a close-up of him super-speeding
Insurgence-Clark leaps a tall building in a single bound

Season 3 Exile- the premiere is awesome. Clark is in Metropolis using his powers for bad

Season 4 Crusade- Clark flies, season premeire
Run- the flash enough said.
Transference- Clark and Lionel switchbodies

This is true. In the comic book there was a "fair" race around the world and the Flash won.

Yes, but if Kal-el is flying, I think he can beat the flash, but in a foot-race, it's no contest.

Because it's fiction.

kal-el said:
Awesome! I highly suggest you see the following episodes:

Season 2 Duplicity- Pete finds out Clark's secret
Red- Clark discovers Red-Kryptonite
Nocturne- There's a Fow on there that reminds me of the incredible hulk.
Ryan-Clark uses his powers to bust into a mental asylum, and it shows a close-up of him super-speeding
Insurgence-Clark leaps a tall building in a single bound

Season 3 Exile- the premiere is awesome. Clark is in Metropolis using his powers for bad

Season 4 Crusade- Clark flies, season premeire
Run- the flash enough said.
Transference- Clark and Lionel switchbodies

Yes, but if Kal-el is flying, I think he can beat the flash, but in a foot-race, it's no contest.

Because it's fiction.

That's why I said "fair" race. The rules in the comic book, specifically said that he had to stay in contact with the earth (no flying).

I'm just going to rent them and start from season one. I don't do much during the week and I don't care for many shows on TV, so I'll do a marathon
and catch up before I watch to many of season 5.

FICTION!?!?!?!?! What a cop out. There has to have been an explanation somewhere. I'm googling it.

GySgt said:
That's why I said "fair" race. The rules in the comic book, specifically said that he had to stay in contact with the earth (no flying).

thumb_Run_%20%28639%29.jpg

thumb_Run_%20%28190%29.jpg

As you can see from the episode "Run", the flash is just toying with Clark.

I'm just going to rent them and start from season one. I don't do much during the week and I don't care for many shows on TV, so I'll do a marathon
and catch up before I watch to many of season 5.

Sounds good!

FICTION!?!?!?!?! What a cop out. There has to have been an explanation somewhere. I'm googling it.

For....? Oh yea, kryptonite. I think because it is used to absorbing the rays of the red Krypton sun, on krytpon, it would do nothing to him, but since we have a yellow sun, it is radioactive to him?????

Last edited:
kal-el said:
thumb_Run_%20%28639%29.jpg

thumb_Run_%20%28190%29.jpg

As you can see from the episode "Run", the flash is just toying with Clark.

Sounds good!

For....? Oh yea, kryptonite. I think because it is used to absorbing the rays of the red Krypton sun, on krytpon, it would do nothing to him, but since we have a yellow sun, it is radioactive to him?????

I googled it and found myself to a serious nerd sight. This is what they had to say......

"Quite literally, the radioactive remains of Krypton. Kryptonite is the ore form of the super actinide kryptonium, a transuranic element, possibly having an atomic number of 126. Humans exposed to kryptonite receive 75 rems of radiation per hour. Formed by increasing internal pressures in the planet Krypton that led to the planet's explosive death, Kryptonite radiation is deadly to Superman poisoning the bloodstream and causing intense pain and loss of his superpowers, and likely death if exposed for several hours.
It nearly killed Luthor, gave him cancer I believe.
I don't think sunlight has much to do with how deadly K is. I just think it's a highly toxic material from Clarks home planet."

or

"There was no kryptonite on Krypton, so the people weren't affected. Kryptonite was formed by the planet's destruction and emits K-radiation that humans can survive extended exposure to, but is quickly lethal to kryptonians (presumably, even if they don't have superpowers)."

or

"It's just the radiation attacks his cellular structure faster than that of a human. I have a theory, seeing as Supes absorbs solar energy, couldn't he absorb radiation as well? That may explain why it affects him and others like him so much. A human being close to kryptonite may eventually get cancer, but since Supes absorbs the radiation, it works faster and has a lethal effect."

GySgt said:
I googled it and found myself to a serious nerd sight. This is what they had to say......

"Quite literally, the radioactive remains of Krypton. Kryptonite is the ore form of the super actinide kryptonium, a transuranic element, possibly having an atomic number of 126. Humans exposed to kryptonite receive 75 rems of radiation per hour. Formed by increasing internal pressures in the planet Krypton that led to the planet's explosive death, Kryptonite radiation is deadly to Superman poisoning the bloodstream and causing intense pain and loss of his superpowers, and likely death if exposed for several hours.
It nearly killed Luthor, gave him cancer I believe.
I don't think sunlight has much to do with how deadly K is. I just think it's a highly toxic material from Clarks home planet."

O man, kinda nerd-esque, but it sounds right.

or

"There was no kryptonite on Krypton, so the people weren't affected. Kryptonite was formed by the planet's destruction and emits K-radiation that humans can survive extended exposure to, but is quickly lethal to kryptonians (presumably, even if they don't have superpowers)."

How can I argue with a nerd?

or

"It's just the radiation attacks his cellular structure faster than that of a human. I have a theory, seeing as Supes absorbs solar energy, couldn't he absorb radiation as well? That may explain why it affects him and others like him so much. A human being close to kryptonite may eventually get cancer, but since Supes absorbs the radiation, it works faster and has a lethal effect."

That makes perfect sense.

Look at this awesome Smallville movable avatar I made, I can't seem to get it any clearer though, and it's too big for this forum, plus we don't allow animated images.

dlresize.php

Well, another one bytes the dust. That was alot better than last week's episode IMO. Clark was shot, and as he was pronounced dead, Jor-el took over Lionel's body and transported him to the Fortress of Solitude, where he restored Clark's powers. He told Clark his destiny is too important to die like this. Right after,Clark super-leaped on top of the nuke that was detenated, and as it left the earth's atmosphere, Clark threw the nuke in space, where it detenated. That about sums it up. Good episode.

kal-el said:
Well, another one bytes the dust. That was alot better than last week's episode IMO. Clark was shot, and as he was pronounced dead, Jor-el took over Lionel's body and transported him to the Fortress of Solitude, where he restored Clark's powers. He told Clark his destiny is too important to die like this. Right after,Clark super-leaped on top of the nuke that was detenated, and as it left the earth's atmosphere, Clark threw the nuke in space, where it detenated. That about sums it up. Good episode.

It didn't detenate twice!

kal-el said:
Yea, I mean it was launched, then detenated after it left earth.

That would be correct.

But, my nigga clark has got some problems now cause he is all depressed and shizznitz, word.

I think dat nigga needs some anti-depressants to get his mind right, ya herd?

Caine said:
That would be correct.

But, my nigga clark has got some problems now cause he is all depressed and shizznitz, word.

I think dat nigga needs some anti-depressants to get his mind right, ya herd?

Yea, I think he's depressed because he can't be with Lana, and be himself at the same time. I think he knows he can't tell her his secret. Even he said that she probably won't react the same way Chloe did.

But, they should've shown him flying. He had to fly, because he was in space, well above the Earth. How else can they explain that?

(sorry about the ghetto last post..lol)

Anyways, they DID show him fly... well...sort of

They showed him do his little energy building thing, sort of like when he flew as Kal-El that first time in the 4th season.

Anyways, thats what I think.

Back
Top Bottom