• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Single-state solution in the Middle East

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The proposal by the Israeli right of a single state (Jonathan Freedland, 28 July) is not new. Greater Israel has always been the goal of rightwing Israelis and Zionists. This is just as unacceptable to the Palestinians, and the wider Arab world, as the present situation. The single state proposed would be much the same as it is for Palestinians in Israel today: separate roads for Palestinians and Israelis; Jewish-only towns; the best land taken by the Jewish population; and a political system that ensures a permanent majority of Jews. So no right of return for the Palestinian refugees and no rights for Gaza's citizens in this proposed single state. Palestinians in this new single state would have
Letters: Single-state solution in the Middle East | World news | The Guardian

Again, what is your point? you bring here a known idea from irrelevant factors in the Israeli society, those who believe in greater Israel has about the same political power as Arab parties in the Knesset, mybe even less, they are as irrelevent as Anarchist groups that demonstrate against the security wall.
The minority of extremists who does believe in the "Greater Israel" do not believe in this: "separate roads for Palestinians and Israelis; Jewish-only towns; the best land taken by the Jewish population; and a political system that ensures a permanent majority of Jews." They believe that the Palestinians should be expeled from the west bank to neighbooring Arab countries

Again, what is your point? you bring here a known idea from irrelevant factors in the Israeli society, those who believe in greater Israel has about the same political power as Arab parties in the Knesset, mybe even less, they are as irrelevent as Anarchist groups that demonstrate against the security wall.
The minority of extremists who does believe in the "Greater Israel" do not believe in this: "separate roads for Palestinians and Israelis; Jewish-only towns; the best land taken by the Jewish population; and a political system that ensures a permanent majority of Jews." They believe that the Palestinians should be expeled from the west bank to neighbooring Arab countries

So you're saying that the Arab members of the Knesset only serve as decoration ? or a means to tell the world "see, we even have Arab members in the Knesset" ?

So you're saying that the Arab members of the Knesset only serve as decoration ? or a means to tell the world "see, we even have Arab members in the Knesset" ?
He didn't say that at all. Stop trolling plz.

ooooops, sorry wrong thread :)

this is what he said Tashah
"Again, what is your point? you bring here a known idea from irrelevant factors in the Israeli society, those who believe in greater Israel has about the same political power as Arab parties in the Knesset, mybe even less, they are as irrelevent as Anarchist groups that demonstrate against the security wall"

So he's saying that those who believe in greater Israel have minimal power and he's comparing that to the power of the Arabs in the Knesset. How else am I supposed to understand that ?

Why do you call that trolling ?

Last edited:
I'm not trolling at all Tashah, he keeps bringing up the fact that I called Israel a "cancer" and a "monster", so how else does he expect me to see my official enemy ?

Then your getting snippy, here, because he said something about you in the past? How should we perceive that if it's not trolling?

I'm not trolling at all Tashah, he keeps bringing up the fact that I called Israel a "cancer" and a "monster", so how else does he expect me to see my official enemy ?
Can we do things nicely? Or must I put everything in a mod box for you?

Then your getting snippy, here, because he said something about you in the past? How should we perceive that if it's not trolling?

Can we do things nicely? Or must I put everything in a mod box for you?

Wrong thread. I was still on the Egyptian journalist on Gaza thread.

But coming back to this one, why do you call that trolling ? Why am I supposed to say something in a certain way ?

He said that the Arab members in teh Knesset had minimal power and I keep reading on this forum that the Arabs even have memebers in teh Knesset. So are they there in form only ? It's a legitimate question sisn't it ?

He said that the Arab members in teh Knesset had minimal power and I keep reading on this forum that the Arabs even have memebers in teh Knesset. So are they there in form only ? It's a legitimate question sisn't it ?
Are you saying they are not elected democratically? That elections are fraudulent?

Are you saying they are not elected democratically? That elections are fraudulent?

Where did I say that ? no, I didn't say that.

Ido said that the Arab members of the Knesset had as little power as the Israelis who believe in greater Israel. he meant to say, very little.

So if they (the Arabs) have very little power in the Knesset, what good is it to have Arabs in the Knesset ? what's the purpose of having them at all ?

Ido said that the Arab members of the Knesset had as little power as the Israelis who believe in greater Israel. he meant to say, very little.

So if they (the Arabs) have very little power in the Knesset, what good is it to have Arabs in the Knesset ? what's the purpose of having them at all ?

Well, disregarding Ido's words for a moment, an Arab member of the Knesset is possessing equal powers to a Jewish member of the Knesset.
There exist no rules that restrict the powers of a Knesset member that comes from a certain race/gender/ethnicity/religion, so obviously such assumption would be wrong.

Now I'm certain that Ido would be happy to explain and elaborate on his words in response to your question the next time he checks up on this thread.
Until then I cannot speak for him or for that which he was trying to say.

Well, disregarding Ido's words for a moment, an Arab member of the Knesset is possessing equal powers to a Jewish member of the Knesset.
There exist no rules that restrict the powers of a Knesset member that comes from a certain race/gender/ethnicity/religion, so obviously such assumption would be wrong.

Now I'm certain that Ido would be happy to explain and elaborate on his words in response to your question the next time he checks up on this thread.
Until then I cannot speak for him or for that which he was trying to say.

Yes, I suppose Ido should explain.

Don't like it when you get trolled huh?

That's exactly what he was saying and you were well aware of it.

You somehow imagine they were appointed? They obtained their Knesset seats via votes.

Don't like it when you get trolled huh?

That's exactly what he was saying and you were well aware of it.

You somehow imagine they were appointed? They obtained their Knesset seats via votes.

I think you're getting nasty for no reason at all. Apocalypse seems to have understood my point but you're talking about a totally different subject which I didn't even bring up.
Perhaps a mod should ask you not to troll ?

Moderator's Warning:
Enough. Stop the cat-fight now.

Moderator's Warning:
Enough. Stop the cat-fight now.

Thank you Tashah. Now let's wait and see what Ido has to say about his post.

First of all I do not recall you calling Israel "cancer" nor bringing it up.

Now as for Arab parties (parties, not members, some of them have Jewish Knesset members as well) in the Knesset which are considered the extreme left of our society they have 11 mandates, If we'll look over to the other extreme side of our political map you will find only 7 mandates who believe in "Greater Israel". Arab parties are not there for show, they legistlate and have a stage to promote their ideas but their political power is not enough in order to promote extreme ideas like revoking Israel's identity as a Jewish state just as the extreme right doesn't have enough power to transfer all of the Palestinians from the west bank to neighbooring countries.

First of all I do not recall you calling Israel "cancer" nor bringing it up.

Now as for Arab parties (parties, not members, some of them have Jewish Knesset members as well) in the Knesset which are considered the extreme left of our society they have 11 mandates, If we'll look over to the other extreme side of our political map you will find only 7 mandates who believe in "Greater Israel". Arab parties are not there for show, they legistlate and have a stage to promote their ideas but their political power is not enough in order to promote extreme ideas like revoking Israel's identity as a Jewish state just as the extreme right doesn't have enough power to transfer all of the Palestinians from the west bank to neighbooring countries.

Thanks for explaining.

Doesn't Hamas and other terrorist groups support a single state solution with Israel being gone and Palestine taking over? Where is the outrage at them wanting a single state? I don't see the Israeli government even giving idea or thought to creating a single state solution with Israel permanently governing the Palestinian territories.

There needs to be a peaceful two state solution for Israel and Palestine. And as far as I see things, Israel seems more than willing to chose a two state solution and have negotiations regarding the creation of the Palestinian state.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom