• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Silver: Saying it’s not a blue wave “is dumb”.

Pretty much on the money. I predicted a net gain of 38 in the house for the Democrats, a rise from 195 to 233. The Dems have gained 34 to 229 with 9 left to be called or pending. I'll be within a seat or two or even perhaps right on the dot depending these last 9. I predicted a net gain of one in the senate for the Republicans. From 51 to 52. Right now with Florida in question and Mississippi going to a run off the GOP has 51 seats. I missed Nevada, I had Heller winning, missed Indiana as I went with Donnelly. Although two misses, they cancelled each other out as to net gains. I had Nelson winning Florida, that one is in a recount and Hyde-Smith in Mississippi which she should be an easy win in the runoff. With Hyde-Smith winning the Mississippi runoff, I have do doubts that she will that give the GOP the 52 I predicted. If Florida goes to Nelson in the recount, again right on the money. If not, Scott wins, I missed it by one. No matter how it turns out, I think I called them about as best as anyone could or did for that matter.

Way too many pundits, forecasters refused to call the tossups. I did.

It's up to 37 house flipped to dem one senate seat flipped to repub at this point. With 5 house races undecided and 2 senate seats undecided.

Dems did much better than my prediction which was 2 senate seats flip to repubs and dems gain 30 in the house.

2020 is right around the corner. Until we know the candidates, it is just a guessing game. If the Democrats nominate a decent candidate, not a Hillary Clinton type, it may be all over for the trumpers. Time will tell.

In the senate for 2012 the Republicans will be defending 21 seats to 12 for the Democrats. Even this far out, the numbers there favor the Democrats into taking back the senate. Whether they will or not, we'll have to wait to see whom the candidates are.

2012? Gonna have to buy one of Whitaker's hot tub time machines.

It's up to 37 house flipped to dem one senate seat flipped to repub at this point. With 5 house races undecided and 2 senate seats undecided.

Dems did much better than my prediction which was 2 senate seats flip to repubs and dems gain 30 in the house.

The house can be hard to predict. Each of us has their own methods and ways of doing so. I always like to subtract what I consider safe or likely seats and concentrate on the tossups and leans. Keeping an eye on how independents feel or think. Way too many pundits, prognosticators over look the independents. Yet for most races, not all, they hold the key as neither party can obtain that magic 50% plus one number without them. I mean discarding the safe seats which could be as high as 60-80% of only one party voters.

2012? Gonna have to buy one of Whitaker's hot tub time machines.

Mr. Peabody's time machine. A huge typo on my part. I meant 2020. Minds says one thing, fingers type another.

Their data is regularly tested by the outcomes of elections. If their models are flawed, that will be shown for all to see.

To the extent of their probability ratings, sure; as I understand it, they are relatively open about their inputs.

But fivethirtyeight is about quite a lot more than that.

To the extent of their probability ratings, sure; as I understand it, they are relatively open about their inputs.

But fivethirtyeight is about quite a lot more than that.

If you feel their open political preferences have tainted their models, you're certainly free to point out where that happened.

Yes... YEESSS! You are winning!

giphy.gif

And may you keep on "winning" like this.

In 2012 Democrats took Congress with about the same majority as now. At the next election they lost it again.

With the continuing Trump economy and the awareness of the Democrat election fraud that history will repeat.

With the continuing Trump economy and the awareness of the Democrat election fraud that history will repeat.

A nice thing in a way about being a Trumpkin is you don’t have to know anything, or even think.

Not an argument.

Correct. It’s an observation. To be a Trumpkin you need only to believe. Then facts of any inconvenient kind float away.

Last edited:
Correct. It’s an observation. To be a Trumpkin you need only to believe. Then facts of any inconvenient kind float away.

Delusional wish-casting is not "Observation."

Do yourself a favor and live in the real world.

It's being exposed that most Democrat voters dont actually exsist.

Right now the GOP has to win most elections in a landslide just to keep dems from stealing them.

The good news is its now all exposed.

You live in a fantasy world.

In 2012 Democrats took Congress with about the same majority as now. At the next election they lost it again.

Surrrre it will. You keep having faith there cas. I think you are confident enough that you can just stay home next election.

Delusional wish-casting is not "Observation."

Do yourself a favor and live in the real world.

Says the guy who makes **** up nonstop. Back to conspiracy land with you.

Back
Top Bottom