• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

• Total voters
I think we should just bring back chastity belts. There problem solved:twocents::soap:cuckoo:

I think we should just bring back chastity belts. There problem solved:twocents::soap:cuckoo:

It was just increase anal sex since you really can't block the pooper. :mrgreen:

It was just increase anal sex since you really can't block the pooper. :mrgreen:

no unwanted pregnancies are caused by travelling the hershey highway!

I think we should be moving more towards abstinence only sex education. I also think that is an area for parents, and that schools shouldn't try to parent or instill sexual morals into children. The only safe sex is abstinence. There would be no teen pregnancies, STDs, and crying girls in the hallways. Abstinence education is the best form of sex ed.

by teaching abstinence only, schools would be trying to instill morals. they need to teach about available birth control as well.

The underlined is true Digsbe.

But the fact of the matter is. Teenagers are gonna have sex. The bees do it, The birds do it, we're simply inclined to do it. And while parents perhaps should be the ones to teach them about sex and condoms. Many simply aren't, and I'm sorry but it then lands on the school to pick it up.

It is a travesty, that every teen is not taught what a condom is. One time unprotected sex can kill you. A condom can save you.

In England when we had sex ed. We were taught about condoms, given condoms but got a stern warning. The only sure fire way, to not get an STD or get pregnant is abstinence.

How do you feel about that?

If the rule could be followed yes. However we do have this pesky problem called human nature that causes abstinance only education to totally fail in practice.

Pervert:mrgreen:

There are multiple documented examples of girls going for anal sex when they think normal sex is out of the question for whatever reason.

There are multiple documented examples of girls going for anal sex when they think normal sex is out of the question for whatever reason.

Well that is because "normal" sex is boring.:2razz:

Gimme some oral some doggie and some anal then a reverse cowgirl, YEEEE HAH

Well that is because "normal" sex is boring.:2razz:

Gimme some oral some doggie and some anal then a reverse cowgirl, YEEEE HAH

I don't find it boring :shrug:

What we must do is prevent the tea-bagging conservatives from dominating anything.
A three man panel to set policy is my idea.
The three being a conservative , a liberal, and an independent.
It is probably a good idea to have "sex education" in our schools. A better idea is to have a ton more of mandatory parental input.

Once you've done it hanging from the chandelier there ain't no turning back:mrgreen:

First off freak (meaning that in a sexual way).

Secondly, I think schools should encourage abstinence only sex, but realize that kids will be kids. Most of us will have sex before we are married and we should know the ways to protect ourselves. I had abstinence only sex ed and I only found out about stuff through hearing friends talk about actually having sex. Well that and the internet.

I am certian that it can be proven that "abstinance" is not effective, but may work in the far future, 500 years from now.
We must keep religion out of our schools. The human factor must be considered.

I think schools should encourage a common sense approach and that includes both abstinence and BC.

Education?
YES
Condoms?
NO

Once you've done it hanging from the chandelier there ain't no turning back:mrgreen:

I always thought the point of no return was doing it doggy style while dangling from a tightrope by your little toe over a pool full of saltwater crocodiles with dildos for teeth.

Europe is probably 20 years ahead of us in this field as well.
But, IMO, as Christians constitute 5 to 50% of our population, their abstinence should be taught, of course, NOT as the only thing.

The children should recieve about 50% of their education from their parents.
The problem is, not all children have parents.
My idea is that the parents should be less greedy for material goods and spend more time with their "out-put". This means a more modest standard of living, less luxuries.

I'm so tired of these state's rights people.

If some backward enclave wants to teach that babies come from Mr. Stork, I'd be happy to let them leave the Union so non-idiots can bring about proper education for their citizens.
I feel that "states rights" has merits.
We have a huge nation, do you really expect South Carolina to be the equal of Massachusetts?
They need time, these things cannot be forced.

I've never heard of a single liberal, or person in general for that matter, that advocated and/or taught that we should rape anyone, male or female, especially if they believed the anyone was an angel of God. I would love to see proof that someone on here has ever advocated raping angels.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…