• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should the tax payer have to pay for ins for a child whose parents make $83K a year?

Should the tax payer have to pay for ins for a child whose parents make $83K a year?

• Total voters

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
If President Bush had approved the child health bill today a person making $83K in New York would have received free health care for his children so the question begs to be asked?

Re: Should the tax payer have to pay for ins for a child whose parents make $83K a ye

The taxpayer shouldn't have to pay for anyone's insurance.

Re: Should the tax payer have to pay for ins for a child whose parents make $83K a ye

If President Bush had approved the child health bill today a person making $83K in New York would have received free health care for his children so the question begs to be asked?

Nah, we should let the little buggers just die. Serves 'em right for being born poor.

Do you have a cite, or are you expecting us to just take your word for it, like when you falsely state Clinton was convicted of perjury?

Nah, we should let the little buggers just die. Serves 'em right for being born poor.

Do you have a cite, or are you expecting us to just take your word for it, like when you falsely state Clinton was convicted of perjury?

Ummmm $83K a year is not poor....trust me on this one.

I am not going to let you hijack another thread......So if a parent makes $83K then you are saying you are willing to pay for his kids health insurance.......

You got that right...........

I am not going to let you hijack another thread......So if a parent makes $83K then you are saying you are willing to pay for his kids health insurance.......

Yeah, I'm ready to chuck the whole damn health care system. It's FUBAR.

It most certainly is. You just can't appreciate what those people go through. They can barely afford their car collection and swimming pool and Rolex and still pay the mortgage on their modest 5 Bedroom 3 Bathroom house.

Did you know that a lot of people who make $83k a year only own one home?

Meanwhile People like Donald Trump can afford to buy private jets that are denied to the poor people who only make $83K.

I don't know how you can sit there and say that that it is OK for the trumps of this world to have their own private jets when there are people out there, real people with real feelings, who have to fly JetBlue.

It most certainly is. You just can't appreciate what those people go through. They can barely afford their car collection and swimming pool and Rolex and still pay the mortgage on their modest 5 Bedroom 3 Bathroom house.

Did you know that a lot of people who make $83k a year only own one home?

Meanwhile People like Donald Trump can afford to buy private jets that are denied to the poor people who only make $83K.

I don't know how you can sit there and say that that it is OK for the trumps of this world to have their own private jets when there are people out there, real people with real feelings, who have to fly JetBlue.

Did you know that the poverty line cut off is about $25K?:confused:

The fact that one of the richest countries in the world, if not the richest, doesn't provide healthcare for at least its children is absolutely disgraceful.
I think its disgraceful that with all the weath and resources that we have in this country that there is still a huge number of people in this country who can't afford health coverage - but for this country to not provide for its children (who obviously cannot provide for themselves) is outrageous.
To me, its not about how much a family makes or doesn't make, its about REAL "family values". President Bush and the heartless congressmen that didn't support the bill have shown that they don't care about the children of this country as much as they care about ensuring that they please their "have more" base.

Did you know that the poverty line cut off is about $25K?

What?! thats outrageous! Are we just going to let people making only $50k/yr live in squalor? Have we no compassion for people who can only afford one boat? Think of the children!

These arn't just numbers we are talking about, these are thinking, feeling human beings who are forced to try and eek out a living on only $50k/yr. Do their children not deserve to have their needs met and to live a decent life?

Depends on the area. $83K may be quite a bit of money in some areas of the country, but with areas with a very high cost of living, some people might just barely be scraping by on that. Sure would be nice if we made that much money.....:lol:

Depends on the area. $83K may be quite a bit of money in some areas of the country, but with areas with a very high cost of living, some people might just barely be scraping by on that. Sure would be nice if we made that much money.....:lol:

I get along fine on my retirement but its not $83K......

Do you live in NYC?

What?! thats outrageous! Are we just going to let people making only $50k/yr live in squalor? Have we no compassion for people who can only afford one boat? Think of the children!

These arn't just numbers we are talking about, these are thinking, feeling human beings who are forced to try and eek out a living on only $50k/yr. Do their children not deserve to have their needs met and to live a decent life?

These figures are about 6 years old but they reflect what I quoted with inflation.....

What is the poverty income level for the United States?

Well, I got along fine on $10k/yr, but I get criticized for thinking that other people should be able to do the same.

Well, I got along fine on $10k/yr, but I get criticized for thinking that other people should be able to do the same.

Hell, $10k wouldn't even cover the cost of health care insurance for my wife and kids, let alone anything else.

And just out of curiosity, how much do you pay for your health care insurance?

Hell, $10k wouldn't even cover the cost of health care insurance for my wife and kids, let alone anything else.

Ha. Sucks to be you. Need I point out that $83k won't cover the cost of having the worlds leading neurosurgeons flown in to help their child?

$83k won't cover the cost of reserching and developing a mechanical hand like luke skywalker had that looks and feels like the real thing.

So how can anyone say that people who make $83k/yr arn't poor?

Or alternatively, how can anyone say that somone with an American standard of living is poor, when there are folks in Africa living in little mud huts and dying of aids?

Ha. Sucks to be you.

Could be worse. I could be in a situation where I couldn't afford to pay it.

Need I point out that $83k won't cover the cost of having the worlds leading neurosurgeons flown in to help their child?

No need, since it is not relevant to anything.

$83k won't cover the cost of reserching and developing a mechanical hand like luke skywalker had that looks and feels like the real thing.

Could be.

So how can anyone say that people who make $83k/yr arn't poor?

$83k is pretty good jack for most.

Or alternatively, how can anyone say that somone with an American standard of living is poor, when there are folks in Africa living in little mud huts and dying of aids?

Is that the only alternative?

If President Bush had approved the child health bill today a person making $83K in New York would have received free health care for his children so the question begs to be asked.

I was glad to see President Bush veto this senseless extension of "free" government health care to those who don't even need it. If Democrats want to make health care cheaper, rather than quietly trying to socialize it one ploy at a time, they should simply stop entangling it with endless government red tape, trying to jack up taxes, smearing anyone who objects to 12 million illegal immigrants getting "free" health care at our expense as racists, and opposing lawsuit abuse reforms.

Funny how Democrats hysterically cry foul anytime someone points out their ceaseless opposition to national defense and naturally questions their patriotism, but the moment a Republican vetoes a attempt to quietly socialize our health care, Democrats are falling over each other to smear him as being anti-children.

:roll:

"Today the president showed the nation his true priorities: $700 billion for a war in Iraq, but no health care for low-income kids; $50 billion in subsidies for huge oil companies; but no health care for low-income kids; $8 billion lost to waste, fraud, abuse, and no-bid contracts in Iraq, but no health care for low-income kids," said Rep. Rahm Emanuel, D-Ill.

"Millions of American children and their families won't forget that they are on the bottom of the president's priority list," Emanuel said.

"President Bush is a one-man axis of evil," said Rep. Pete Stark, D-Calif. "If this is ‘compassionate conservativism,’ what is cruel and unusual punishment?"

FOXNews.com - President Vetoes Children's Health Insurance Bill - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

What a steaming load! You're evil and hate children if you oppose tax dollars being used to fund giving adults free health care who don't even need it while wars are being fought in a wasteful manner.

:bs

Bush does not oppose 25-year-olds in $83,000/year households having health care. If Democrats wanted to give them health care out of their own pockets, I guarantee you he wouldn't object. But making it the responsibility of the federal government is where he draws the line, rightfully.

And just out of curiosity, how much do you pay for your health care insurance?

It cost me 21 years of my life, many birthdays and holiday seasons away from my family as well as serving on 6 ships and being at sea most of the year as well as a 13 month tour in Viet Nam but I myself and my wife pay a little short of $200. a months which is my Medicare premiums......Your point is?

Could be worse. I could be in a situation where I couldn't afford to pay it.

Yeah, that would suck even worse. However, I was in such a situation myself, and I did just fine. So if someone else can't get by on $10k, either thats their own fault, or we should say that because its possible that someone couldn't get by on $83k, that someone who makes $83k should be considered poor.

No need, since it is not relevant to anything.

Sure it is. It could well be that their child might develop a problem that can only be fixed by having the worlds leading neurosurgeons flown in to fix it.

In which case it would be a definite need which they would be unable to afford, which is no different than your theoretical "need" for $10k healthcare.

Could be.

So what if the child loses a hand and it "needs" to be replaced with a fully functional one that looks and acts like the real thing?

$83k is pretty good jack for most.

So is $10k.

Is that the only alternative?

Yup. Relative to folks living in huts, folks raking in $10/yr are filthy rich.

Compared to people raking in $10,000,000 + each year, people making $83k are dirt poor.

No one in the US who has a job is poor in my opinion.

When you ask the dems how they will pay for it they say a cigarette tax of $.61 which isn't even on the drawing board....

You and I both know how they would pay for it........The way they always do.......raise taxes........Income redistribtuion.......

Good Job Mr President........Tell the leeches to eat cake.......

Back
Top Bottom