• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should NATO Go Into Ukraine?

We should never put boots on the ground again. No possible way that ever works. Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam you name it. It
just doesn't work. Won't work for the Russians in Ukraine either.

Bombers, cruise missiles, fighter jets, drones just destroy the place where they are no longer a danger and then leave.
Those are Americans in those planes

Not our problem

Europe has lots of bombers

Well I am one of those people who had rather get with it rather than sit around dreading the inevitable.

Let's just stick him and see what happens. I feel, like most bullies, when we stand up he will back down.

I feel like the Democrat One Party State are the bullies.
Except they're a gerontocracy. They're old, senile and blind.
They're practitioners of divide-and-rule, full of race-baiting, gender-baiting, and now any kind of pronoun baiting.

Putin is a rich man. He lives a great lifestyle. He has lots to live for.

More dangerous than war is our sanctions. Take away a rich man's money and it gets real personal.

Everyone's still buying oil from Russia. Russia's getting rich. Saudi's getting rich. Venezuela's getting rich. Soon the Iranians will be getting rich too.

......and angels weep

Yes, I think it's time to call Putin's bluff and knock the Russians on their asses. If it turns into WW3, it will be over quickly, and not with nukes.

I feel like the Democrat One Party State are the bullies.
Except they're a gerontocracy. They're old, senile and blind.
They're practitioners of divide-and-rule, full of race-baiting, gender-baiting, and now any kind of pronoun baiting.

Everyone's still buying oil from Russia. Russia's getting rich. Saudi's getting rich. Venezuela's getting rich. Soon the Iranians will be getting rich too.
Russia is going broke. Their desperation has driven them to go to China, hat in hand, to ask for financing.
And your feelings don't matter. If you thought about it for a minute or two you would realize how stupid that statement is.

Russia is going broke. Their desperation has driven them to go to China, hat in hand, to ask for financing.
And your feelings don't matter. If you thought about it for a minute or two you would realize how stupid that statement is.

They got energy supply contracts signed with China just before going into Ukraine.
Obviously this was a pre-planned collusion.

They got energy supply contracts signed with China just before going into Ukraine.
Obviously this was a pre-planned collusion.
That's not what I was refering to. I'm talking about credit.

Getting involved with NATO forces is committing Europe and most likely the world to war. There may come a time for that to happen but I believe it is a last resort. Let's all pray it doesn't come to that.
I don't see NATO letting Europe be the battleground for the next WW.

They know what Syria looks like, nothing for the Syrians to go back to. They don't want that in Eastern Europe. And Putin will reduce Ukraine to the likes of Syria. To prevent that, more war is not the answer

If these posters were running our government, I would be scared for the world.

Yes, I think it's time to call Putin's bluff and knock the Russians on their asses. If it turns into WW3, it will be over quickly, and not with nukes.
Holy cow

At first, I was a no but I have changed my mind. I think NATO should go in, drive Russia back and get out. Russia is a serious world threat and Ukraine is unfairly bearing the brunt for all of Europe. It doesn't seem right to me to let this happen to the brave Ukrainian people but is their an appetite to defend them?
The US is the world threat, not Russia.

It's amusing that you ignore the fact that Bush illegally overthrew the Ukrainian government in 2004 to set up a puppet government.

The US needs Ukraine as a NATO member-State so that it can use air bases in Ukraine to enforce a No-Fly Zone while the US and Britain carve up eastern Russia so's you can have more stuff to satisfy your every infantile urge.

The only harm in Ukraine being a neutral State and not part of NATO is to US corporate profits.

Ukraine was NOT excluded!

NATO promises Ukraine, Georgia entry one day​

We agreed today that these countries will become members of NATO,” NATO Secretary-General Jaap de Hoop Scheffer told a news conference, reading from a communique agreed at a summit of the pact’s 26 leaders in Bucharest.

Ukraine crisis: US rejects Russian demand to bar Ukraine from Nato​

Published 27 January (2022)

In the meantime nato has been doing "exercises" and stealthily building bases in Ukraine(sort of getting Ukraine into nato without admitting so formally):

The United States plans to modernize Ukrainian naval bases and ship repair facilities in Mykolaiv region.
This will be the next stage of cooperation of the Navy of the Armed Forces of Ukraine with the United States after the completion of construction of the Maritime Operations Center in Ochakiv, the Ukrainian military portal reports.

"Naval bases, operations centers and ship repair facilities in Ochakiv and Mykolaiv at a distance less than 100 miles from Crimea enable NATO and the Naval Forces of the Ukrainian Armed Forces to conduct training and coordinate activities," the report says.

"Among the priorities are the missile programme and the development of the fleet," Reznikov told parliament. "We are moving on to the practical stage of building two military bases - in Berdyansk and Ochakiv - and other contracts within the framework of agreements with the United Kingdom."
1648043263149.png

The US is the world threat, not Russia.

It's amusing that you ignore the fact that Bush illegally overthrew the Ukrainian government in 2004 to set up a puppet government.

The US needs Ukraine as a NATO member-State so that it can use air bases in Ukraine to enforce a No-Fly Zone while the US and Britain carve up eastern Russia so's you can have more stuff to satisfy your every infantile urge.

The only harm in Ukraine being a neutral State and not part of NATO is to US corporate profits.

What power Bush must have had to overthrow a government.....

Where there any Ukrainians at all involved?

I know that Ukraine is not a member of NATO. That doesn't mean that the invasion of Ukraine is not a threat to Europe and NATO. I don't want us to go in but if we did and got right out I would not be nearly as ticked as I would have been two weeks ago.

Got right out? Last time I heard that it was a neocon saying “Mission Accomplished!” Eight years and thousands of dead and maimed Americans later….

I think NATO should establish a demilitarized humanitarian zone in a part of the western portion of the country. Obviously, the Ukrainians would have to agree to this. It should be made clear to the Russians that any Russian or Belorussian attacks to that zone would result in a military response to the entity originating that attack, as Trump did in Syria. We could warn the Russians to avoid casualties, as Trump did, but the offensive weaponry (e.g. aircraft) and base would be destroyed.

don't worry, you won't be the only person in this thread who accidently shows their support for Putin as he slaughters civilians.
There's nothing accidental about it.

Back
Top Bottom