• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should it be Merry X-Mass or Happy Holidays?

Should it be Merry X-Mass or Happy Holidays?

• Merry X-Mass...94% Christian America

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Happy Holidays...6% Pagan America

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters
Kandahar said:
Hey ptsdkid, I'm still waiting for an example and a link of the ACLU filing a lawsuit against someone because they displayed the nativity scene on their own private property. If you can't produce such an example, at least have the decency to admit that you were flat-out lying, apologize to everyone, and admit that you're an imbecile.

ROFL......

Imbecile... good one!

bandaidwoman said:
And for the record, the words "In God We Trust" were not consistently on all U.S. currency until 1956, during the McCarthy Hysteria.
Correct! Sadly with some people who are so zealous little things like the facts are not included in their debate.

I look at it this way, only the truly extremists in our society are swayed negatively if someone greets them with "Happy Holidays." If something as simple like this causes them to uproot their lives and pursue retribution what does it say about their cognitive ability or for that matter, their soul?

I get confused how "Christians" can attack anyone who doesn't agree with them 100% yet in the next sentence claim to be good fellows?

Caine said:
ROFL......

Imbecile... good one!

To Kanduhfart: That particular case of the ACLU bullying the private homeowner into taking the manger scene out from their front yard was on the news last week. I believe I was watching it on FOX NEWS. The ACLU is doing this type of aggressive anti-Christian/anti-American attorney work all over the country.

Let me give you a fairly recent case involving Morris Dees the head honcho over at the ACLU Southern Poverty Center of Montgomery Alabama. I don't have this case in front of me, so allow me the due respect to paraphrase the results from memory.

Two illegal Mexicans crossed our border in either Arizona or New Mexico. They were found by an American rancher defecating on his property. Come to find out they had been stealing food from the rancher's garden and sleeping in his barn. The rancher caught the two illegals by leveling a shotgun at their sorry heads. The rancher took pity on the two by offering them a home cooked meal and some fresh clothing to get a start on life in the US of A.
Not long after the rancher's hospitable encounter with the two illegals, he was summoned to court on charges that he had pistol-whipped the two and caused undue duress to the two. Of course the charges were bogus, but Morris Dees being the slickster that he is got more than a free green card ticket for the two illegals--he got the court to deliver the man's ranch to the two criminals thus forcing the rancher off his own land. There are a lot more horrifying details to this one case of ACLU's underhanded anti-American legacy, but I'll leave you with that one for now. BTW, you wouldn't be wrong in thinking that 99% of those representing the ACLU are indeed your brother liberals.

TimKid

ptsdkid said:
Two illegal Mexicans crossed our border in either Arizona or New Mexico. They were found by an American rancher defecating on his property. Come to find out they had been stealing food from the rancher's garden and sleeping in his barn. The rancher caught the two illegals by leveling a shotgun at their sorry heads. The rancher took pity on the two by offering them a home cooked meal and some fresh clothing to get a start on life in the US of A.
Not long after the rancher's hospitable encounter with the two illegals, he was summoned to court on charges that he had pistol-whipped the two and caused undue duress to the two. Of course the charges were bogus, but Morris Dees being the slickster that he is got more than a free green card ticket for the two illegals--he got the court to deliver the man's ranch to the two criminals thus forcing the rancher off his own land. There are a lot more horrifying details to this one case of ACLU's underhanded anti-American legacy, but I'll leave you with that one for now. BTW, you wouldn't be wrong in thinking that 99% of those representing the ACLU are indeed your brother liberals.
TimKid

...and aliens who were working in secret with the Mexicans landed on Earth and abducted the farmer and anal-probed him in order to eventually take over America.

ptsdkid said:
To Kanduhfart: That particular case of the ACLU bullying the private homeowner into taking the manger scene out from their front yard was on the news last week. I believe I was watching it on FOX NEWS. The ACLU is doing this type of aggressive anti-Christian/anti-American attorney work all over the country.

Let me give you a fairly recent case involving Morris Dees the head honcho over at the ACLU Southern Poverty Center of Montgomery Alabama. I don't have this case in front of me, so allow me the due respect to paraphrase the results from memory.

TimKid

Did the article also mention that Mr. Nethercott had previously served time in California for assault and is an ex felon ? Apparently the jury thought the El Slavadorian's story was more true than an the ex felon's. I'm no lawyer but it would seem a juryaward for assault and mental abuse is time in jail and some sort of monetary compensation. Mr. Nethercott had no assetts, so they seized his land. Standard tort law proceedings. Now, I do have my problems with illegal immigrants myself ( since I was a legal immigrant who then became a citizen.) But if some A$$hole beat the crap out of me, wether I was a legal citizen or not, I'd sue his ass!

Hey,Morris Dees probably makes El Presidente Bush proud! (Come on over, I will give you your own driver's license, you'll be free from arrest and deportation, have access to tax-deferred savings accounts and Social Security credits, and get unrestricted travel to and from your home countries under my guest worker program, and hey, grab some land while your at it!)

Last edited:
ptsdkid said:
To Kanduhfart: That particular case of the ACLU bullying the private homeowner into taking the manger scene out from their front yard was on the news last week. I believe I was watching it on FOX NEWS.

So you don't have a link, you don't know the source, and you don't show any proof at all that you didn't just pull this story out of your ass. So I'll repeat it again: You're a bald-faced, spineless liar.

ptsdkid said:
The ACLU is doing this type of aggressive anti-Christian/anti-American attorney work all over the country.

TimKid

Nothing in this story has the slightest thing to do with religion or Christianity or secularism, and no one is fooled by this tangent. So why don't you just admit that you're talking out of your ass?

ptsdkid said:
Pay attention David D: Its always been the liberals that seek to amend and revise the Constitution. Where have you been? Restricting freedoms is the top agenda item of the democratic platform.

I fear that it is you who has not been paying attention.

For one, so far, whenever the Constitution has been amended, it has been to allow for freedom. However, the conservatives tried to amend to Constitution so as to ban gay marriage, and thus restrict freedom. Democrats fought this (in defense of freedom), and were victorious.

Also, the Democrats do not try to resrict freedom, only to defend it.

On a completely different note, I noticed that you have started to emulate me in the way you end your posts. I have never felt so flattered.:2razz:

Duke

Last edited:
Duke said:
I fear that it is you who has not been paying attention.

For one, so far, whenever the Constitution has been amended, it has been to allow for freedom. However, the conservatives tried to amend to Constitution so as to ban gay marriage, and thus restrict freedom. Democrats fought this (in defense of freedom), and were victorious.

Also, the Democrats do not try to resrict freedom, only to defend it.

On a completely different note, I noticed that you have started to emulate me in the way you end your posts. I have never felt so flattered.:2razz:

Duke

Dear David Duke: Oh where oh where doust thy say in de Constitution that dere is a clauz giving gays the right to be married? Where oh where have you seen a Democrat fighting for our rights to own guns? When has a Democrat in Congress fought to appeal the useless death tax? You ever hear of 'Freedom from taxation'? There isn't a Democrat alive that doesn't support the raising of our taxes. Notice I said alive, because JFK was the only Dem in my memory that actually cut taxes. Taxation without representation was the theme behind my Bostonian brothers as they dumped the many tea bags in the harbor in agnst over the King's tax policy. I could go on and on--but you should be getting the message by now. The libs fight tooth and nail to deny and wither away what few freedoms we have left.
You lost me on this emulating statement.

ptsdkid said:
Dear David Duke: Oh where oh where doust thy say in de Constitution that dere is a clauz giving gays the right to be married? Where oh where have you seen a Democrat fighting for our rights to own guns? When has a Democrat in Congress fought to appeal the useless death tax? You ever hear of 'Freedom from taxation'? There isn't a Democrat alive that doesn't support the raising of our taxes. Notice I said alive, because JFK was the only Dem in my memory that actually cut taxes. Taxation without representation was the theme behind my Bostonian brothers as they dumped the many tea bags in the harbor in agnst over the King's tax policy. I could go on and on--but you should be getting the message by now. The libs fight tooth and nail to deny and wither away what few freedoms we have left.
You lost me on this emulating statement.

How about "Equal rights for all?" There are plenty of Democrats that support gun ownership, such as myself, but not machine guns, assault weapons, grenades, bazookas, etc. Democrats would like to lower taxes, but most of the time they have to pay off huge amounts of debt that the Republicans left by lowering taxes in times of war and the like.

Duke

26 X World Champs said:
Correct! Sadly with some people who are so zealous little things like the facts are not included in their debate.

I look at it this way, only the truly extremists in our society are swayed negatively if someone greets them with "Happy Holidays." If something as simple like this causes them to uproot their lives and pursue retribution what does it say about their cognitive ability or for that matter, their soul?

I get confused how "Christians" can attack anyone who doesn't agree with them 100% yet in the next sentence claim to be good fellows?

are you talking about christians in general or just those in the government who seem to use christian as a title that will cover them ?

ptsdkid said:
Bullshit! In a debate you cannot write what you think you've watched on TV and then use it as fact. Your posts make wild accusations and slanderous attacks and you NEVER provide any evidence to support your thinking. I think you make it up simply to stir up the community. This technique is known as trolling and it is so transparent, especially when reading your posts.
ptsdkid said:

TimKid
THis is such BULLSHIT! Don't you realize how easily debunked your so-called story is? Morris Dees is the enemy of HATE-GROUPS because he forced racist groups into submission. He's also not associated with the ACLU, your post is inaccurate and untrue. You don't provide any links, you're making it up.

His most famous book, Hate on Trial: The Case Against America's Most Dangerous Neo-Nazi, was published by Villard Books in 1993. It chronicles the trial and $12.5 million judgment against white supremacist Tom Metzger and his White Aryan Resistance group for their responsibility in the beating death of a young black student in Portland, Oregon.

PTSDKID is defending hate groups when he suggests that Morris Dees is the bad guy. Dees even won an award in 201 from the NEA for his work.

Mr. Dees is not a saint but has spent his professional life crusading against hate-crimes and hate organizations.

The so-called tale that PTSDKID wrote is untrue and myth intended to slander someone who fights hate groups by people who defend hate groups.

Last edited:
t125eagle said:
are you talking about christians in general or just those in the government who seem to use christian as a title that will cover them ?
Definitely NOT in gerneral! Only those that manipulate their religion to stir up issues that do not exist in the name of their religion.

The average American (aka Christian) has no use for the zealots who claim that Xmas is being stolen and that there's a conspiracy against religious freedom.

The problem is that people who are OK with our everyday courtesy of "Happy Holiday" do not form hate groups to lobby against an imaginary enemy.

vergiss said:
Posted from my thread about the subject:

Two years ago, I made the folly of automatically wishing a stranger "Happy Chanukah" - which is hardly surprising. Did she smile and say the same in return, as I do when wished a merry Christmas? Nope. She scowled, and went off on a rant about how she's a good Christian who doesn't need or want Jewish blessings. Most disconcerting for a 15-year-old such as myself at the time.

If Christians insist on shoving their holiday down my throat, they better not have a hissy fit when I mention mine.

I wonder if that woman :confused: posts here ?? lol...lol
Now, if that were me, I don't know for certain; I would surely not be offended, that another fellow man wishes me well is good.

I am NOT politically correct; I would hope that I would wish the best to another as only I can.
I think I would say "Merry Christmas" to all and to all a good night.

This is not cramming anything ,other than joy and love, down anyones throats..
There are far too many people roaming about making mountains out of molehills..

ptsdkid said:
Anyway, Merry Christmas to Christian America and Happy Holidays to Pagan America.

ptskid. I went there with you once. No reply. Now? The simple question always boggles the simple mind. Not talking about you of course, but, when you where a little, what, boy, did you lay awake in bed waitingfor xta-Clause? Jesus on a sled? Rudolf with a Yamaku? Did you wait for the great Kwanza Clause to land on your roof and give you some stocking stuffers? He brought you some cool ass stuff, didn't he? So you grew up, and now you're mad. That's fine pstkid. Leave the rest of us alone. I got one who still puts out cookies and milk. The rest are right there with me. You want to fuc**k it up for all the little children who still have a part in their life that is magical. Remember that time? I do. It is precious. There is no replacing it. Do what you want to your children. Like you're ever going to get that lucky. Leave the rest of us alone. I'm teacher, of the colossal brain, this is exactly what the rest of your stay here at DP will be like. Only because you are ahead of me in a certain poll. Bad luck for you dude. Ask around, when teacher sinks his teeth in? I got my eye on you.

Don't seem fair.

I'll let this one ride.

Your turn.

teacher, I'm amazed that you've ventured out of the basement so often today.....are you feeling ok? :mrgreen:

Stace said:
teacher, I'm amazed that you've ventured out of the basement so often today.....are you feeling ok? :mrgreen:

I bribed the guy that vague hired to keep the basement door locked. Not to mention pstkid has more votes than me. So in my mind, if I rip him and send him home to Momma, I get his votes by default, right? And now and then I like to show the kids how it's done. Sometimes I get lucky and have the member I've trashed dismiss my adroit and logical points by claiming I'm not funny or my normal insanity negates my relevent thoughts, thus giving them in their tiny little mind the victory while not addressing my post. I get a big kick out of that. 1 + 1 does not = 2 just because it's coming from teacher. How sweet is that? When I dig one of those out of someone I just figure I've won forever, and go on my way. Next victim. Been my M.O. for a while now. Do you have any idea how long ago it was I exposed to the world with rock solid proof that 26x world champs is a liar? He, I think, was the first. Of many. But they march on pretending like it never happened. Makes debating them after just, a waste. Fish in a barrel. Like pstkid now. I said in the basement I would draw down on him. I picked one of his posts at random. This was the first. Now pretty much his only way out is to say as a kid he hated Santa. See how this works? Fish in a barrel. Giddyup.

In case anyone is keeping score, that champs thing I've named "The Great Monkey Fiasco". It's posted in the 50's in the old TT thread in the archives. It's not so much that I like reminding champs about it as I enjoy typing "The Great Monkey Fiasco". It even has a built in top ten to help make my point. Now that's smack. Gotta love monkeys.

teacher said:
I bribed the guy that vague hired to keep the basement door locked. Not to mention pstkid has more votes than me. So in my mind, if I rip him and send him home to Momma, I get his votes by default, right? And now and then I like to show the kids how it's done. Sometimes I get lucky and have the member I've trashed dismiss my adroit and logical points by claiming I'm not funny or my normal insanity negates my relevent thoughts, thus giving them in their tiny little mind the victory while not addressing my post. I get a big kick out of that. 1 + 1 does not = 2 just because it's coming from teacher. How sweet is that? When I dig one of those out of someone I just figure I've won forever, and go on my way. Next victim. Been my M.O. for a while now. Do you have any idea how long ago it was I exposed to the world with rock solid proof that 26x world champs is a liar? He, I think, was the first. Of many. But they march on pretending like it never happened. Makes debating them after just, a waste. Fish in a barrel. Like pstkid now. I said in the basement I would draw down on him. I picked one of his posts at random. This was the first. Now pretty much his only way out is to say as a kid he hated Santa. See how this works? Fish in a barrel. Giddyup.

In case anyone is keeping score, that champs thing I've named "The Great Monkey Fiasco". It's posted in the 50's in the old TT thread in the archives. It's not so much that I like reminding champs about it as I enjoy typing "The Great Monkey Fiasco". It even has a built in top ten to help make my point. Now that's smack. Gotta love monkeys.

Oh yes, monkeys are fabulous. Which is why my personal website is called Monkey Stace. I must check out this "The Great Monkey Fiasco" thread.

Hehe, that is kinda fun to type.

Alright teacher, checked out the posts. Loved it, especially the Top Ten monkey list. Sheer brilliance there. I also enjoyed the Top Ten cheese stealing suspects/Monty Python phrases post.

I think you should publish a book of your top tens, teach. I'd buy a copy for everyone on my Chrismukkah list.

Back
Top Bottom