• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should "European Mary" depictions be removed?

Should "European Mary" depictions be removed?

• No

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • yes

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • perhaps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
Was she European?

Benedictine Monastery with Black Madonna

The monastery of Einsiedeln was built as a Baroque edifice with four inner courtyards in the 18th century. Before that time Romanesque and Gothic buildings defined the monastery, which was founded by the Benedictine monk Meinrad in the year 835. The Mercy Chapel (Gnadenkapelle), made of black marble, is located in the monastery's church, under a dome with frescoes. The famous Black Madonna dating to the 15th century is found in that chapel.

Benedictine Monastery with Black Madonna | Switzerland Tourism

That Madonna I have seen myself.

Europe is a nation? :confused:

Yes. Europe is a nation. They were founded by the King or a queen, I'm not quite sure, but they lost over 20% of their land in the war of 1776 when America was born. People from England, however, are still upset because they don't have entry into the European status and the fact that their military gets bested by the likes of the Soviet Union reserves

Obviously I was implying the other 7 continents, not including Europe. 7 continents + Europe = 8

What are the eight continents?

:lol: Uh... no. Europe is not a nation.

Do you think that South America is also a nation?

I know you may be confused as Europe is a big nation. You're thinking of a continent, no worries, not everybody is perfect.

South America...? Do you mean Mexico? Or are you getting south America confused with South Africa?

What are the eight continents?

Ugh, another naive individual who needs educating. The 8 continents are as follows:

1. Europe
2. America
3. Austrial
4. All of southern Asia
5. Africa (including South Africa)
6. north and south poles
7. Northern America (Canada, Greenland)
8. Siberia

I know you may be confused as Europe is a big nation. You're thinking of a continent, no worries, not everybody is perfect.

South America...? Do you mean Mexico? Or are you getting south America confused with South Africa?

Ugh, another naive individual who needs educating. The 8 continents are as follows:

1. Europe
2. America
3. Austrial
4. All of southern Asia
6. north and south poles
8. Siberia

I don't clown with people that are so out of their depth that they have to cover it with lame ass joke attempts...

1. Europe
2. America
3. Austrial
4. All of southern Asia
6. north and south poles
8. Siberia

Are Siberia and Austria (Österreich) continents now? :cool:

I dis-agree.

The term "Palestine" existed long before Arafat.

More about it: Palestine | History, People, & Religion | Britannica

I‘m late to this discussion. Palestine is actually an English word coined by Europeans, derived from a Latin word imposed on Jews, Palaestina. Palestine came into modern use as Britain’s name for the British Mandate, which ceased to exist with Israeli statehood.

I‘m late to this discussion. Palestine is actually an English word coined by Europeans, derived from a Latin word imposed on Jews, Palaestina. Palestine came into modern use as Britain’s name for the British Mandate, which ceased to exist with Israeli statehood.

Look in a Bible for a map of Palestine.

No. Yes I'm an Atheist but that celebration has absolutely nothing to do with me. It's akin to celebrating Easter bunny day. THAT I like. It actually makes sense. This virgin thing?
Come on..give me a break. It like suspending gravity.
People have a right to be wrong, as long as they do little or no damage.
Jesus was the first true hippie, his philosophy and hair style combined, his preaching love and peace, and being crucified by "the authorities".
wink_40x40.gif

1. Europe
2. America
3. Austrial
4. All of southern Asia
6. north and south poles
8. Siberia

huh? My 17 year older did better at this list. Oh, and he was homeschooled.

1. Europe
2. America
3. Austrial
4. All of southern Asia
6. north and south poles
8. Siberia

don’t feel bad. I made a math error this morning. It was embarrassing, but my wife and kids still love me. Yeah, they pointed and mocked me, but I’m grilling steaks for lunch so...

1. Europe
2. America
3. Austrial
4. All of southern Asia
6. north and south poles
8. Siberia

my lord, what has education come to these days? Antarctica is a continent, the north pole is nothing but an ice sheet. Siberia is part of Asia, there is no southern Asian continent, greenland is an island, America means nothing here, you must mean South America.

OP... I think you mean depictions of the Virgin Mary as a European woman? Yes?
She’s made up anyway, like a cartoon character; what does it matter either way.

1. Europe
2. America
3. Austrial
4. All of southern Asia
6. north and south poles
8. Siberia
It's even worse than I imagined.
Do me a favour- name the oceans.

There are plenty of important things to worry about besides a white Mary. Some people just need to be ignored.

Back
Top Bottom