• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Bush's 'Mission Accomplished' Banner Hang In His Presidential Library?

Should Bush's 'Mission Accomplished' Banner Hang In His Presidential Library?

• Total voters
since it was never "his banner" but that of the ship and crew, why should it be in Bush's library? Simply because it appeared behind him in a picture? I am sure there are thousands of signs/banners that should then be enshrined. just plain stupid.

Is the cum stained blue dress Monica Lewinski wore displayed in Clinton's library? I mean if we are going to bring up totally ridiculous partisan hackery...let's go all the way.

Yes, I think that would be quite fitting. It's one of the iconic moments of his presidency. Of course, it most likely wont be there since it makes Bush look like an incompetent failure. But it belongs in a museum.

Why write posts like this?

People often make a mountain out of a molehill and this is one of those instances. Its good to point that out.

It should hang in the Smithsonian... a special exhibit called "Worst Modern President"...

It should hang in the Smithsonian... a special exhibit called "Worst Modern President"...

Yeah, it could hang there to celebrate the worst, and 1-termers at that; Obama and Carter.

Last edited:
People often make a mountain out of a molehill and this is one of those instances. Its good to point that out.

Then I fully expect to see you writing "who cares" in reply to every thread on this board. Based on what you said above, it should be the only response you ever have.

Yes. It should hang there as an example of just how much he did suck.

As bad as he may have been, he was a breath of fresh air compared to the Center Ring Clown in Chief we now have.

I would even suggest Mr Obambam place this one in his Presidential Library;

090329-mission-accomplished.jpg

Then I fully expect to see you writing "who cares" in reply to every thread on this board. Based on what you said above, it should be the only response you ever have.

Not following your reasoning, but this is not a big deal.

Last edited:
Not following your reasoning, but this is not a big deal.

My point is that pretty much every thread here is making a mountain out of a molehill. You do it yourself all the time. I don't see why this thread warranted a special "who cares" post, that wasn't constructive.

I think the bigger question is whether "My Pet Goat" will be part of GWB's library.

It should. Just to piss you off. If that were the case, I would support it wholly.

"Dear George W. Bush Pesidential Library Committee,

Please piss of the following people by hanging up the 'Mission Accomplished Banner' in a library exhibit......"

He shouldn't have a Presidential library. The man is a traitor, a murderer, and an admitted torturer who all but destroyed this country's future - his library should consist of his indictment.

Back
Top Bottom