• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Biden Reduce Mass Shootings

Shoot. Oh sorry, bad word choice.

By the way, I wonder what recently banned former member this is.
I’ve seen the threads downstairs where some discuss such matters. Seems to be some pretty sharp sleuths down there. They’ll figure it out pretty quick.

I’ve seen the threads downstairs where some discuss such matters. Seems to be some pretty sharp sleuths down there. They’ll figure it out pretty quick.
I'm new here I just joined and people.im.A,Troll Already LOL greez I'm already being Judged

Ok, so here’s the hypo:

Lot of talk about a civil war in the US, right? I don’t think it will go that way, but I’m an optimist.

Anyway, I figure (and Biden might too) that the side that will lose a civil war in todays US, will be the first side to start shooting in what appears to be an organized or efficient way. Because what comes after that is a massive law enforcement response. The US government, like it or not, has a legal monopoly on violence to solve disputes.

So… Biden might be thinking… why don’t we just keep proposing gun regulations of whatever kind, and riling up the nutters. What group better equipped to start some organized shooting?

The beauty of this plan is it requires nothing of Biden that he wouldn’t already be doing. And hey, if the nutters drop the ball, at least we passed some gun legislation.

Of course this is all hypothetical. I don’t think Biden is thinking that. I’m sure some of his advisors and aides have thought about it, though.

I think he should
How do think he should that? He can't ban guns with an executive order. Why focus on mass shootings when they make up a tiny percentage of all murders?

Biden should reduce mass shootings.
He should end world hunger.
He should beat Russia and put Putin in jail.
He should reverse climate change.
He should make sure the Leafs win the Stanley Cup.
All on his own too.

Nah, the only thing Biden SHOULD do is beat the pants off of Trump again. That would be enough.

The left wing in America are an exception to left wing parties in other nations because of America’s anti-left history during the Cold War. Hence some left wingers in America might actually support individual gun rights solely because the American left wing are under extra threat compared to other ethnic and political minorities.

I'm new here I just joined never been banned here I'm not a,troll

Ok, cool. Not a troll. Got it. Welcome. Can you answer my question? How can Biden reduce mass shootings?

Biden isn’t even in charge.

He could reduce his lies instead. That’s what is causing them.

“The shooting suspect who allegedly killed five, including an eight-year-old boy, is still at large more than 24 hours after the tragedy.
The gunman, identified as 38-year-old Francisco Oropeza, shot his neighbours with an AR-15 style rifle after they asked him to stop firing rounds in his yard because they were trying to sleep. The whereabouts of Mr Oropeza, who is originally from Mexico, are unknown and he is considered dangerous.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...nd-francisco-oropeza-latest-b2329812.html?amp

America will create an ethical perversion where foreign people no matter how evil they might have been in their life will be instantly redeemed just by expressing dislike of America knowing just how violent Americans can be to each other!

Django Unchained 2012 Epic Brutal End Shootout A QUENTIN TARANTINO MOVIE

Should Biden Reduce Mass Shootings​

Just reduce them? So there's an acceptable number?

Far from just "in his hands" to do so by laws.

He could go on TV and say "Folks...stop... Just stop it. Enough already.. Just stop."
Probably won't sink in though.

Ok, so here’s the hypo:

Lot of talk about a civil war in the US, right? I don’t think it will go that way, but I’m an optimist.
I don't know but there would be no N.S. but a mishmash across the board.
Anyway, I figure (and Biden might too) that the side that will lose a civil war in todays US, will be the first side to start shooting in what appears to be an organized or efficient way. Because what comes after that is a massive law enforcement response. The US government, like it or not, has a legal monopoly on violence to solve disputes.
Do you recall the Bundy stand off in 2014? We were waiting for a few well placed shots from up in the hills behind on LE and the shit would have hit. Do you think govt. would stoop that low? I do.
So… Biden might be thinking… why don’t we just keep proposing gun regulations of whatever kind, and riling up the nutters. What group better equipped to start some organized shooting?

The beauty of this plan is it requires nothing of Biden that he wouldn’t already be doing. And hey, if the nutters drop the ball, at least we passed some gun legislation.

Of course this is all hypothetical. I don’t think Biden is thinking that. I’m sure some of his advisors and aides have thought about it, though.

Just reduce them? So there's an acceptable number?

Far from just "in his hands" to do so by laws.

He could go on TV and say "Folks...stop... Just stop it. Enough already.. Just stop."
Probably won't sink in though.

2nd Amendment proponents love generic “we the people” phrases in the constitution as an endorsement of individual gun rights. Yet any communist party can also provide euphemisms of majority support through naming themselves as the people’s party. Worst case scenario the federal American government could simply resemble the economic alliance of the European Union without a federal military.

"The central government under the Articles was relatively feeble. The states delegated the central government limited powers and even more limited resources. That government was unable to levy taxes or regulate commerce and depended on the states for revenue; there was no executive and no independent judiciary; there were no standing land or sea forces; and any change to the Articles required the states’ unanimous vote. Exercising the limited powers the new government did have, including making treaties and coining money, often required a majority or supermajority vote."

Should Biden Reduce Mass Shootings
I think he should
I think he should wave a magic wand and eliminate all poverty in the world first.

He should also hand out free unicorns to everyone. I'll take one.

Seriously though, no one in the history of civilization has figured out a way to prevent people from committing murder.

Have a strict gun law
That is so vague that it is meaningless.

Back
Top Bottom