• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

She is pulling a Hillary Clinton

Judge Jackson is sitting there answering all of the GOP's "gotcha" questions while smiling and seeming unperturbed , making those trying to get her with those gotcha questions seem to be stupid and out of line. This is the same thing that Hillary Clinton did when questioned by the GOP for 11 hours and who ended up looking stupid, not Clinton. In the end, she will be on the court and of course all of the GOPers will try and make money from their donators from their gotcha questions. Same old same old politics.
She can afford to be cool and calm. She, along with everyone else in the room knows this is a show and all they each have to do is play their part. The vote will eventually happen and she'll get confirmed.

In the meantime, everyone is giving the media what they need to give the sheep some nothingburgers.

It's kind of like professional wrestling. The outcome has already been decided.

Maybe she'll stand up and scream juvenile shit during a SOTU and win the hearts of the rubes.

I never believed the rape accusation against Kavanaugh and posted that here then and through the years.

What I objected to is his disposition and nasty partisanship.

This lady is cool as a cucumber.
It always sounded like the kind of thing spoiled rich kids do to kids that don’t “belong” in their circle. A little sexually charged bullying.

I don’t ish someone had asked him what the rules were to the “devils triangle” drinking game were. Obviously that was a lie.

But his comportment disqualified him for me too.

She made so many GOP Senators look like complete fools today, which wasn't hard to do.

ACB is a reactionary, RWE. She is to womens rights what Trump is to facts. What if the New Yorker article below read,
"she’s the product of a Muslim legal movement that is intent on remaking America." ?

October 7, 2020

Amy Coney Barrett's Long Game | The New Yorker

https://www.newyorker.com › ... › Amy Coney Barrett
Feb 7, 2022 — "Amy Coney Barrett in a black robe. ... inclined to uphold Mississippi's ban on virtually all abortions after fifteen weeks of pregnancy,
...The newest Supreme Court Justice isn’t just another conservative—she’s the product of a Christian legal movement that is intent on remaking America."
By Margaret Talbot

Nice OPINION piece.

I'll say this about her, she's definitely an intelligent woman.
Many have said she's more qualified than the rest of the judges combined. We saw that yesterday, plain as day.

She can afford to be cool and calm. She, along with everyone else in the room knows this is a show and all they each have to do is play their part. The vote will eventually happen and she'll get confirmed.

In the meantime, everyone is giving the media what they need to give the sheep some nothingburgers.

It's kind of like professional wrestling. The outcome has already been decided.
Something like both those Trump impeachment trials. I agree, it's total BS.

Biden made a wise choice.....the woman is qualified and will serve for a long time to come.....will she vote liberal.....of course when the issue is about civil and personal rights......that's who she is......otoh because of her intelligence, her education and her previous experience she will not be a rubber stamp......and imo this is the general attitude of all the SC justices......

It always sounded like the kind of thing spoiled rich kids do to kids that don’t “belong” in their circle. A little sexually charged bullying.

I don’t ish someone had asked him what the rules were to the “devils triangle” drinking game were. Obviously that was a lie.

But his comportment disqualified him for me too.

Kavanaugh and I are the same age, and we "ran" in the same circles. I didn't know him, but I knew hundreds like him. I'm not saying pawing at a drunk girl was okay, but I'm being very honest and saying it happened all the time back then. I never believed he raped her. There just was no evidence and her story was shaky at best.

So I didn't oppose him because of that. I opposed him because his disposition was just so bad.

Back
Top Bottom