• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sharyl Attkisson: Serious Questions About The Way Covid Deaths Have Been Counted

My aunt passed away last year. She was 98 with heart failure for 10 years. My uncle - her husband - had just passed away at 101. After the funeral her health declined. She went to the hospital and they tested her for Covid as part of routine procedure. As a surprise - she was positive. Most likely a "well wisher" checking on her after the funeral brought it to her ( she didn't attend the funeral herself). She had no Covid symptoms but I'd not be surprised if she wasn't put down as dying from Covid.
This crap again?

More than likely she was “put down “ as dying WITH Covid, not from it.
It’s amazing the number of posters here who haven’t even seen a real death certificate let alone filled one out that are self anointed experts in how it’s done.

Companies can have whatever requirements they want to determine if a religious exemption applies as long as they can defend it in court. The remedy is to sue them as Mr. Crawdford has done.... You can bet Trader Joe's will depose Mr. Crawford and find out how many OTHER vaccinations he has received and present it to a jury should it get that far. I wish Mr. Crawford good luck in future employment....
Other vaccinations are irrelevant. If he was a Satan worshiper last week and Christian this week is also irrelevant. If he had a vision on the day of vaccine is also irrelevant. It's not the companies business WHY, he can just claim religious exemption. And.... scene.

I agree that everyone should get the vax, but I do not agree with employers forcing folks to get it and violate civil rights via discrimination.

If folks are concerned, get the jab. If they aren't concerned about it, don't.

You're spot on that choices have consequences.

This dude's retirement won't be a watch, it will be a lambo...

Sounds like he was fired for bringing his lawyer into it before he was ever disciplined. :ROFLMAO:

.......Crawford’s lawyer then sent a letter to Trader Joe’s saying that it was discriminatory to block Crawford from the meeting because he was not vaccinated — and suggested he attend either in person after getting tested for the virus, or via Zoom.

Crawford then got an email from Trader Joe’s general counsel saying that he would get a summary of the relevant information from the meeting and that his vaccination status wouldn’t be the basis for any negative performance evaluation, according to the lawsuit.

Some time later, Crawford was told he was being fired from Trader Joe’s because he had stopped communicating with his regional vice president, disregarded the company’s “Open Door Policy” and approached the issue from an “adversarial perspective,” and also acted in conflict with the interests of the company, the lawsuit alleges.......

Other vaccinations are irrelevant. If he was a Satan worshiper last week and Christian this week is also irrelevant. If he had a vision on the day of vaccine is also irrelevant. It's not the companies business WHY, he can just claim religious exemption. And.... scene.

Yeah, that's not exactly how these types of lawsuits work.... Are you under the impression that religious exemptions for employment required vaccinations is new legal ground?

If someone claims a religious exemption and it is ignored by the employer, it is a civil rights violation.

We are only privy to what this plaintiff's lawyer paints in the worst possible light to the defendant employer, which
is part of his services to his plaintiff client.

The "exemption," compared for example to a Jehovah's Witness ordered by an employer to receive a blood transfusion or a muslim of a particular sect assigned to slice pork in a grocer's deli, is arguably contrived by this plaintiff, especially if there are other vaccinations in his medical history surfacing during the discovery phase of this litigation....

"...The lawsuit says that Trader Joe’s mandated COVID-19 vaccinations for store managers in July, and Crawford requested an accommodation because of his religious beliefs as a “devout evangelical Christian” who “believes the Bible is the living word of God.” His lawyers say the Monrovia-based grocery company granted his request for accommodation.

The complaint filed in Crawford’s case does not describe what aspect of his religion is the basis for his opposition to vaccination.

Despite his having been granted the religious accommodation, Crawford was told that only vaccinated employees would be allowed to attend a required meeting in August and that skipping it “was going to negatively affect his performance review,” the complaint alleges..."

This large corp.'s general consul is reported to have made the decision to discharge this 26 year, management level
employee, and again, it seems a deliberative, reasonable decision, especially with the reminder that we're only reading a one-sided argument. IOW, the legal consul is responsible for maintaining compliance as the best practice to avoid government penalties first, protecting against private party litigation, secondarily.

If the HR Dept., supported by the general consul, decided this would be a defensible dismissal, versus putting up with
whatever this veteran employee is anticipated to burden the corp. with going forward, they likely would have erred on the side of continuing to attempt to manage him.

His lawyer admits he was blocked from attending a required, group meeting, because he is out of compliance with vaccination policy, but was accommodated and despite no indication so far from the employer's top level management that is so far disclosed, he sought assurances that not attending the meeting in person would adversely affect his employment status?

If I was this manager's direct supervisor and I was aware of his claimed justification for a vaccination exemption and
the exemptee is in a direct supervision role, I would advise him as his lawyer claimed he was advised by persons unknown. After 26 years, and only still at the level of managing one retail outlet, it is reasonable to assume the manager's career has already reached its apex. The corp.'s obvious goal is universal employee vaccination and this
supervisor is no more personally committed to that than the grocery deli muslim worker in my example would likely be in slicing the pork, extra thin. A more thoughtful manager might have requested a transfer to a non-supervisory position, perhaps in auditing reports and performances of other retail outlets in his state or region?

Why, is the question, and then he was accused of unrelated conduct in conflict with his position in management.:

"...Crawford then got an email from Trader Joe’s general counsel saying that he would get a summary of the relevant information from the meeting and that his vaccination status wouldn’t be the basis for any negative performance evaluation, according to the lawsuit.

Some time later, Crawford was told he was being fired from Trader Joe’s because he had stopped communicating with his regional vice president, disregarded the company’s “Open Door Policy” and approached the issue from an “adversarial perspective,” and also acted in conflict with the interests of the company, the lawsuit alleges...."

No comment from the employer, more bluster from the dismissed employee's attorney...

Last edited:
We are only privy to what this plaintiff's lawyer paints in the worst possible light to the defendant employer, which
is part of his services to his plaintiff client.

The "exemption," compared for example to a Jehovah's Witness ordered by an employer to receive a blood transfusion or a muslim of a particular sect assigned to slice pork in a grocer's deli, is arguably contrived by this plaintiff, especially if there are other vaccinations in his medical history surfacing during the discovery phase of this litigation....

"...The lawsuit says that Trader Joe’s mandated COVID-19 vaccinations for store managers in July, and Crawford requested an accommodation because of his religious beliefs as a “devout evangelical Christian” who “believes the Bible is the living word of God.” His lawyers say the Monrovia-based grocery company granted his request for accommodation.

The complaint filed in Crawford’s case does not describe what aspect of his religion is the basis for his opposition to vaccination.

Despite his having been granted the religious accommodation, Crawford was told that only vaccinated employees would be allowed to attend a required meeting in August and that skipping it “was going to negatively affect his performance review,” the complaint alleges..."

This large corp.'s general consul is reported to have made the decision to discharge this 26 year, management level
employee, and again, it seems a deliberative, reasonable decision, especially with the reminder that we're only reading a one-sided argument. IOW, the legal consul is responsible for maintaining compliance as the best practice to avoid government penalties first, protecting against private party litigation, secondarily.

If the HR Dept., supported by the general consul, decided this would be a defensible dismissal, versus putting up with
whatever this veteran employee is anticipated to burden the corp. with going forward, they likely would have erred on the side of continuing to attempt to manage him.

His lawyer admits he was blocked from attending a required, group meeting, because he is out of compliance with vaccination policy, but was accommodated and despite no indication from the employer that is so far disclosed, he sought assurances that not attending the meeting in person would adversely affect his employment status?

Why, is the question, and then he was accused of unrelated conduct in conflict with his position in management.:

"...Crawford then got an email from Trader Joe’s general counsel saying that he would get a summary of the relevant information from the meeting and that his vaccination status wouldn’t be the basis for any negative performance evaluation, according to the lawsuit.

Some time later, Crawford was told he was being fired from Trader Joe’s because he had stopped communicating with his regional vice president, disregarded the company’s “Open Door Policy” and approached the issue from an “adversarial perspective,” and also acted in conflict with the interests of the company, the lawsuit alleges...."

No comment from the employer, more bluster from the dismissed employee's attorney...

This lawsuit goes nowhere and Mr. Crawford has destroyed his future employment opportunities....

So a person’s behavior history is irrelevant when it comes to judging intent? Not buying it.
If a person is a proven liar then he is much less believable in court. And if a person has received several other vaccines then his reason for not wanting to get the Covid vaccine has nothing to do with religion-unless you consider being of far right ideology a religion.
And there isn’t a single major religion that forbids vaccination. Even the Pope has endorsed it.
The ONLY legitimate reason for not getting vaccinated now if you are over 12 years of age is a medical excuse.

Looks like they already had an exception on record before the incident and have accommodated him for years.

I'm not an attorney and this is only one side. But, this appears very cut and dry.

10. Trader Joe’s President, Jon Basalone, announced that all Captains must be vaccinated against COVID-19 by July 16, 2021, unless they have a medical or religious accommodation.

11. Mr. Crawford requested an initial accommodation to the vaccine due to his sincerely held religious beliefs. The accommodation was granted.

12. After the initial accommodation to the vaccine had been granted, on July 15, 2021, at approximately 3:05 PM, Mr. Crawford received a call from Regional Manager, Donnie Martin, stating that “upper management” had come to a decision that the upcoming Leaders Meeting would be for vaccinated people only. Further, the Regional Manager said that it is still their expectations for Captains to attend, and Mr. Crawford’s non-attendance was going to negatively affect his performance review. Mr. Crawford pointed out that he was being penalized for his religious convictions. VP Martin told him that this decision was from the President and he was just relaying the message. There was nothing further to discuss.

Looks like they already had an exception on record before the incident and have accommodated him for years.

I'm not an attorney and this is only one side. But, this appears very cut and dry.
Thank you for pointing me to the actual complaint. Can you direct me to the page and the line(s) that influences you
to believe they have accommodated him, in reaction to his stated religious beliefs, for any period longer than this past spring when the July vaccination deadline was communicated to Mr. Crawford?

What's funny is NY recently added 12,000 to their official COVID-19 death lost and were vilified for under reporting. Now the same people complain about over reporting.

We have been suspicious about the data and cooking the books. Covid was a political windfall for the Democrats and people think they will let it pass?
————

Thanksgiving 2020, Lucais Reilly shoots his wife Kristin in the head, then turns the gun on himself, committing suicide. They have alcohol and drugs in their system and a history of domestic troubles.

Grand County coroner Brenda Bock explains how the small town tragedy is exposing serious questions about the way Covid deaths are counted.

Brenda Bock: I had a homicide-suicide the end of November, and the very next day it showed up on the state website as Covid deaths. And they were gunshot wounds. And I questioned that immediately because I had not even signed off the death certificates yet, and the state was already reporting them as Covid deaths.

At this point it really doesn't matter what the facts are. People, most of them, believe that COVID iis the worst pandemic we have ever seen and that death from COVID is damned near guaranteed if you test positive. They also believe that Trump caused the disease to proliferate and that his supporters facilitated the transmission. You can't change that no matter what facts and evidence is presented. The media won't back off their narrative, the government won't back off and the Trump hating majority in this country won't even bother to entertain information that contradicts their point of view. The bottom line is that the 675,000 deaths is gospel and that there is a good chance that the numbers are more like 1,000,000. That's the way America works these days.

The OP clearly shows the deaths were from getting their heads blown off with a handgun. And it was classified as Covid
Out of 640,000 deaths, she found a mistake on a death certificate and you think this is evidence of some conspiracy? I guess you must think that doctors nationwide are in on it and they are hiring actors to intubate...

-snip- They also believe that Trump caused the disease to proliferate and that his supporters facilitated the transmission. You can't change that no matter what facts and evidence is presented. The media won't back off their narrative, the government won't back off and the Trump hating majority in this country won't even bother to entertain information that contradicts their point of view. -snip-
Who, on earth, is that intended for? Just how large is your imagined conspiracy, "to make Trump look bad," reinforcing his impersonation of the martyred-victim misunderstood to be "Putin's poodle"?

Is she, "out to get Trump?"

'Stop This': Trump's Sister Maryanne Barry Said She ... - Forbes​

https://www.forbes.com › andrewsolender › 2020/08/23

Aug 23, 2020 — Audio of former federal judge Maryanne Barry Trump, ... Barry can also be heard decrying Trump's “goddamn tweet and lying,” as well as his ...

Is this man, "in on it"?

Kushner in April touted Trump 'getting the country ... - Politico​

https://www.politico.com › news › 2020/10/28 › jared-...

Oct 28, 2020 — White House senior adviser Jared Kushner in April boasted about President Donald Trump wresting back control of the coronavirus response from the doctors ...

Lincoln Project’s Steve Schmidt “There’s a Battle for Control of MAGA Empire” | Amanpour and Company​

Sep 15, 2021

@ 15:50 :
"Interviewer: If everybody's message is, "you're getting screwed and I'm going to fix it," where do we go from here, as a country?

Steve Schmidt: I think the country is in a lot of trouble, and I want to speak to what I'll call the "bothsiderism" that I think is inherent in the frame of the question. In fact, CRT isn't being taught to kids in high school in America. One political party is not lying about a life saving vaccine. One political party is not responsible for hundreds of thousands of dead Americans because of those lies. One political party hasn't whitewashed the insurrection on 1/06. One political party is not a danger to American democracy. There is not a symmetry between the two sides, the rottenness, and frankly the evil. We don't use that word enough but I need to linger here for a second.

There was a meeting that took place in the white house that Jared Kushner chaired I'm sure with coffee and donuts and all the good stuff and they decided in that meeting that there wouldn't be a Covid strategy for the blue states because they could pin it on the blue state governors. It's evil, it killed hundreds of thousands of people in this country. We're about to enter into the children's pandemic. So anything that we can do, grab people by the proverbial collar, by the neck, hit 'em in the head, get their attention, make them laugh, make them cry, make them think, anything to get them to wake up and understand the danger we face in this country from extremists. And in the fight for American democracy exhaustion is our enemy. The idea that there is not a difference between the two sides, everybody is equally corrupt, everyone is equally maliced, and it's just not true.."

Or, these scholars?

Above = highest rated POTUSES, Below = lower rated POTUSES (Eisenhower was the most corrupt POTUS since
Harding, eclipsed since by Nixon and Trump.)

1629527755158-jpeg.67348908

Or perhaps these ?

Stanford University Tries To Distance Itself From Scott Atlas​

https://www.forbes.com › michaeltnietzel › 2020/11/17

Nov 17, 2020 — Scott Atlas, a neuroradiologist and senior fellow at the University's Hoover Institution, after he wrote a tweet that many interpreted as ...

Scott Atlas - The Stanford Daily​

https://www.stanforddaily.com › 2020/09/12 › around-...

Sep 12, 2020 — Around 100 Stanford faculty members condemn Hoover fellow and White House advisor Scott Atlas' controversial views on COVID-19.

Why can’t Republicans and Trump supporters just get vaccinated and stop bitching about everything and making shit up all the time?

Why are hospitals full? Are those on ventilators faking it?

I said:

...from the left and the cancel culture crowd, who lets face it, will reject anything that lowers those all important covid19 death toll numbers... They need those numbers to explode, real or not, in order to keep their narrative alive.

Instead of making such a weak strawman argument like that, why didn't you just come out and say it?

Yes! "As usual"....
"...Attkisson is a five-time Emmy Award winner, and a Radio Television Digital News Association (RTNDA) Edward R. Murrow Award recipient. She was formerly an investigative correspondent in the Washington bureau for CBS News and a substitute anchor for the CBS Evening News and then went to the Daily Signal, a conservative political news website that offers political commentary from a conservative perspective, and which is funded by the Heritage Foundation.[7][8]

Attkisson resigned from CBS News on March 10, 2014, after 21 years with the network. She later wrote the book Stonewalled, in which she alleged that CBS News failed to give sufficient coverage of Barack Obama controversies, such as the 2012 Benghazi attack. Attkisson has received criticism for publishing stories suggesting a possible link between vaccines and autism, a claim that has been rejected by the scientific community.
....In fact, the OAP's verdict that there is no causal link between vaccines and autism was based on testimony by nine expert witnesses, and the views that Attkisson said were kept secret had already been made public in 2006 and were noted in the OAP. Surgical oncologist David Gorski was sharply critical of the segment, calling it "nonsense" and a "conspiracy theory".

Computer hacking allegations​

In May 2013, while still employed by CBS, Attkisson alleged that her personal and work computers had been "compromised" for more than two years. CBS News stated that it had investigated her work computer and found evidence of multiple unauthorized accesses by a third party in late 2012. The U.S. Department of Justice denied any involvement....
In late January 2015, Attkisson appeared before the Senate Judiciary Committee during a confirmation hearing for Loretta Lynch, President Obama's nominee to replace outgoing Attorney General Eric Holder. As part of her appearance in front of that committee, a report by the Office of Inspector General (OIG) was released stating that "their investigation was not able to substantiate... allegations that Attkisson's computers were subject to remote intrusions by the FBI, other government personnel, or otherwise" and the deletion seen in Attkisson's video "appeared to be caused by the backspace key being stuck, rather than a remote intrusion". ..."

So, are you disputing the report, or just trying to discredit Attkisson so you can dismiss it?

Yes! "As usual"....
"...Attkisson is a five-time Emmy Award winner, and a Radio Television Digital News Association (RTNDA) Edward R. Murrow Award recipient. She was formerly an investigative correspondent in the Washington bureau for CBS News and a substitute anchor for the CBS Evening News and then went to the Daily Signal, a conservative political news website that offers political commentary from a conservative perspective, and which is funded by the Heritage Foundation.[7][8]

Attkisson resigned from CBS News on March 10, 2014, after 21 years with the network. She later wrote the book Stonewalled, in which she alleged that CBS News failed to give sufficient coverage of Barack Obama controversies, such as the 2012 Benghazi attack. Attkisson has received criticism for publishing stories suggesting a possible link between vaccines and autism, a claim that has been rejected by the scientific community.
....In fact, the OAP's verdict that there is no causal link between vaccines and autism was based on testimony by nine expert witnesses, and the views that Attkisson said were kept secret had already been made public in 2006 and were noted in the OAP. Surgical oncologist David Gorski was sharply critical of the segment, calling it "nonsense" and a "conspiracy theory".

David Gorski is quoted every time there is a controversy like this. If any respected person criticizes the mainstream consensus on any medical subject, the mainstream authorities get a quote from Gorski.

There is very possibly a link between vaccines and autism, but we will never be told the truth.

David Gorski is quoted every time there is a controversy like this. If any respected person criticizes the mainstream consensus on any medical subject, the mainstream authorities get a quote from Gorski.

There is very possibly a link between vaccines and autism, but we will never be told the truth.
Do you believe the unfounded studies/assertions that vaccines cause autism @Good4Nothin ?

Hahahahaha

At this point it really doesn't matter what the facts are. People, most of them, believe that COVID iis the worst pandemic we have ever seen and that death from COVID is damned near guaranteed if you test positive. They also believe that Trump caused the disease to proliferate and that his supporters facilitated the transmission. You can't change that no matter what facts and evidence is presented. The media won't back off their narrative, the government won't back off and the Trump hating majority in this country won't even bother to entertain information that contradicts their point of view. The bottom line is that the 675,000 deaths is gospel and that there is a good chance that the numbers are more like 1,000,000. That's the way America works these days.

You forgot to mention that Fauci didn't help cause the pandemic.

Do you believe the unfounded studies/assertions that vaccines cause autism @Good4Nothin ?

I said there is possibly a link. No one can research the question, no one can ask the question. Big governments owned by big drug companies will slander and discredit anyone who tries. So no one tries, since Wakefield.

Our civilization has gone wild over vaccines, thinking they are the key to good health. They are not the key to good health. There are a small number of infectious diseases that vaccines seem to have helped eradicate. Because of that, we now have the myth that all vaccines are all good, the more the better. One day old infants get shots.

Vaccines are not the key to good health. Vaccines are not harmless substances. The possible harmful effects of different vaccines are mostly unknown. Since almost all children get vaccines now, we have no way of knowing if their many allergies, and mental and physical disorders might ever be vaccine-related.

We do not know, and we are not allowed to know.

Back
Top Bottom