• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SENATOR JOHN Mc CAIN-------SPEAKS ON KASHMIR

Today, I read in an Urdu news paper that senator John Mc Cain the former US presidential candidate of The Republican Party visited Pakistan. He met General Ishfaq Parvez Kiyani of Pakistan and also visited The Indian Held Kashmir. In a presss conference he said," We cant interfere in the internal affairs of a sovereign country. Kashmir is part of India. India and Pakistan should sit down together and should resolve the problem through mutual dialogue. I visited Kashmir people are happier than before . Some elements are causing disturbance in the area."
May I dare to make following submissions sir:

U N ---RESOLUTIONS ON KASHMIR
According to SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION 47(1948) adopted by the council at its 286th meeting held on 21 April 1948 ,Document No.5/726,dated 21st April 1948 under Subclause B-PLEBISCITE,Sub-para 7 it is clearly written, "Govt of India should undertake that there will be established in Jamu and Kashmir a PLEBISCITE as soon as possible on the question of accession of the state to India and Pakistan." If the people of Kashmir are so happy with India why a Plebiscite is not held as early as possible so that People of Kashmir annx themselves with India? Plebiscites are held in disputed territories not in integral parts.
DO TRUTHS BECOME OBSOLETE?
A reason brought forward against holding Plebiscite in Kashmir is that the Resolution on Kashmir has become very old ,circumstances have changed and there is no need to act upon.Does it change its position from DISPUTED to INTEGRAL PART OF INDIA? If a reality becomes old does it become Time Barred?

WHY INDIA IS KEEPING SUCH A BIG ARMY IN SUCH A SMALL AREA?
Most of the Kashmiries love India but why has it to keep such a big military force in Kasmir. It is the third generation of freedom lovers aggitating against India. A home grown movement of youth. They are victims of torture, rape and brutal killing. This is how the lovers are replied to? Can a sane person bear extremes of barbarian torture and sacrifice his life for a petty objective? Why is the soil of Kashmir so fertile for crops of graves and graveyards?

IS IT A THREAT IN DIPLOMATIC LANGUAGE? On the one hand you say Jamu and Kashmir are part of India and on the other you suggest to the two countries to sit down and solve the problem through mutual dialogue. Do you want to convey to Kashmiries and Pakistanis in a diplomatic language to forget SECURITY COUNCILS RESOLUTION and the Kashmir Issue.
I ASK FOR YOUR FORGIVNESS
I a poor ordinary Pakistani owe you an apology as I have injured The American Pride of a man of your status by directly asking questions from you.You being big man are expected to have a big heart to forgive the small people like us. Sir, did your staff really not briefed you about Kashmir or it is change of posture to please the new ally. There is a saying in our language, When new firiends are available the old one are forgotten. Sir Thanks a lot for patient listening to a person from the 3rd world.

Back
Top Bottom