• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senator Herschel Walker, seriously gop?

It boggles my mind that some folks will indeed vote for him for no other reason than he played for georgia. Well mr. walker why do you think you are qualified for the senate? Because I played for georgia a hundred years ago. Oh, ok. This is why the gop has such screwed up leadership, they are elected for all the wrong reasons.
Why do most people vote the way they do? Republicans vote for R candidates, Democrats for D candidates, qualifications, stances on issues means nothing, just the letter behind their candidate’s name. I would estimate 60% or there about of the voters end up voting for a letter. Since that’s true, why not having played football? We’re not talking political junkies here. Far from it. They casual voters, most don’t pay a lick of attention to politics until an election nears. You’d be surprised how many voters vote on the charisma of the candidate, a candidate’s likeability. These voters aren’t going to do any research into the candidates, they’re going to vote on whether they like or dislike a candidate. The percentage of those who do this I think is pretty high. You can call them low information voters if you like, but there’s quite a lot of them.

How many voters voted for Trump in 2016 because he was a reality TV show host? How many voted against Trump in 2020 because they thought him as uncouth, rude, obnoxious, unpresidential in his behavior? A lot more than you would ever dream of. Then you have the anti-vote, those who vote against a candidate, but not for any candidate. Each individual has their own reason for voting the way they do. Their reason is important to them whether or not we may think it asinine. It may boil down to the fact that the more people that vote, the stupider the reason they have for voting the way they do.

Myself, I think it is asinine to base one’s vote on the letter behind a candidate’s name. Chances are those doing so, the odds are you’re voting for the best candidate 50% of the time, the worst candidate the other 50%. But it is what it is.

Why do most people vote the way they do? Republicans vote for R candidates, Democrats for D candidates, qualifications, stances on issues means nothing, just the letter behind their candidate’s name. I would estimate 60% or there about of the voters end up voting for a letter. Since that’s true, why not having played football? We’re not talking political junkies here. Far from it. They casual voters, most don’t pay a lick of attention to politics until an election nears. You’d be surprised how many voters vote on the charisma of the candidate, a candidate’s likeability. These voters aren’t going to do any research into the candidates, they’re going to vote on whether they like or dislike a candidate. The percentage of those who do this I think is pretty high. You can call them low information voters if you like, but there’s quite a lot of them.

How many voters voted for Trump in 2016 because he was a reality TV show host? How many voted against Trump in 2020 because they thought him as uncouth, rude, obnoxious, unpresidential in his behavior? A lot more than you would ever dream of. Then you have the anti-vote, those who vote against a candidate, but not for any candidate. Each individual has their own reason for voting the way they do. Their reason is important to them whether or not we may think it asinine. It may boil down to the fact that the more people that vote, the stupider the reason they have for voting the way they do.

Myself, I think it is asinine to base one’s vote on the letter behind a candidate’s name. Chances are those doing so, the odds are you’re voting for the best candidate 50% of the time, the worst candidate the other 50%. But it is what it is.

Yep, if politics is a ‘team sport’ then why not nominate athletes? ;)

It boggles my mind that some folks will indeed vote for him for no other reason than he played for georgia. Well mr. walker why do you think you are qualified for the senate? Because I played for georgia a hundred years ago. Oh, ok. This is why the gop has such screwed up leadership, they are elected for all the wrong reasons.
They elected a TV reality show host and con man to be POTUS, and they still adore and obsess over him.

Walker exceeds their standards.

Walker has something like a gazillion or so lead in the primary from what I just saw on tv.

Seriously gop? This is the best you have to offer the citizens of georgia?

Ok, ok, now back to reality. Not debating his opponents before the primary is one thing, try pulling that before the general and see where it gets walker. Who am I kidding? Debates or no debates, walker is going to get killed in the general.

All this winning, the gop should be tired of it already.
It's GA. Home of MTG. You're really surprised? Besides, trump endorsed the idiot - that's like the golden egg in a place like GA. He's in.

Walker has something like a gazillion or so lead in the primary from what I just saw on tv.

Ok, ok, now back to reality. Not debating his opponents before the primary is one thing, try pulling that before the general and see where it gets walker. Who am I kidding? Debates or no debates, walker is going to get killed in the general.

Talk about dumb as a box of rocks

Watching the ads down here for these campaigns has been nothing short of a total shit show.

Walker is checking all the right boxes when it comes to rhetoric but he refuses to engage or debate Saddler (Navy Seal,) but Walker has Trump's endorsement which around here basically means he does not even need to prove he can tie his shoelaces and still obtain votes. I still think Warnock is sadly out of there meaning odds are someone with multiple personality disorder saying things like MTG will end up in the Senate representing Georgia... sigh.

Perdue is in panic mode since Trump pulled the money plug meaning Kemp will end up facing Abrams. The only good prediction for that race is lawsuits.

All mess, no upside, Georgia stays in the news for all the wrong reasons.

Walker and Kemp will both win today.

November, I predict the same for both.

Walker and Kemp will both win today.

November, I predict the same for both.

Very likely.

I do not see Warnock holding the seat no matter what happens, debates or not. And at this point Abrams has too many national ambitions to the point that who she appeals to outside the state does not translate well to Democrats in the state.

Don't both sides this nonsense. Democrats have a platform. ANd dem voters would never vote for the Taliban that the GOP has become, and all republicans vote with the group. The republican voters vote the biggest scumbags, they even voted a guy convicted of murder who was an R. So please don't both sides this.

Its Georgia, I am not surprised he is ahead.

He's been very successful in his life, owns one of the largest minority-owned food suppliers in the US, so, what makes him as you called him, "a few grapes short of a fruit basket"?

Reactions: PoS

He makes trump look relatively competent. Unfit is such an understatement. I wouldn't expect to see a debate.

Dude's a few grapes short of a fruit basket.

He is a tried and true Trumpist. No doubt the GOP voters will support him energetically. He's unhinged, not overly bright, but he says the trigger words that the rabid Trumpists want to hear. He brings the message of bigotry, xenophobia, arrogance, and intolerance and brings it in a dumb enough fashion that Trumpists can understand the words he uses. I guess I just don't understand why New Republicans are trying to spin their evolution into something important. Just be honest about it. Your party is full of the dumbest people in America. Your supporters are idiots. Celebrate that. It's what you want.

Madison Cawthorn.

His lies and issues were well known before his election. They do not care. If a guy wears an expensive suit and says a few buzz words, they're good.

He's not the sharpest knife in the block for sure. That will become very apparent in any debate.

State of the GOP, and by extension the voters. We get what we deserve.

Their candidates just get shittier and shittier, and more Taliban. Republicans are shit, and it shows with the assholes they vote for , support and defend

...And the racist left reveals their true colors...

LMAO what a horseshit, lazy attempt to derail a thread. You receive no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. :)

Yes, saying that a man who wants to have every woman, no matter if it's incest or rape, carry a baby to term is racist.

Did you learn this tactic from Fox News?

Last edited:
If all you learned from watching conversation that racism means that someone is part of a race, then perhaps we need to work on your ability to understand actual issues.

I think you are on to something. There is nothing racist about any of those statements. However if the script was flipped and those comments were said by some of the right leaning people here about a Democratic Party candidate that wasn’t the best for the job. History shows that some on that list would be making that claim as it’s their default setting to opposition.

I need to ask you a question, what happens when a state is in a crisis because women are leaving and no woman are coming because you told them if you try to have children but miscarry your options are either die or be a criminal what is the state going to do? You've displayed that you've got quite the big brain so I need your expertise.

Not understanding basic science is a political issue?

I see it as an education issue.

What do you mean when saying that he doen't understand basic science?

What do you mean when saying that he doen't understand basic science?

Back
Top Bottom