• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sen. Lindsey Graham said if Trump is prosecuted for mishandling classified information 'there will be riots in the streets'

The AntiDonald

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham said Sunday there will be riots if former President Donald Trump is prosecuted over his handling of classified materials.

"Most Republicans including me, believe when it comes to Trump, there is no law. It's all about getting him," Graham said, adding: "And I'll say this, if there is a prosecution of Donald Trump for mishandling classified information after the Clinton debacle… there will be riots in the streets."

In July 2016, an FBI investigation found there was "evidence of potential" criminal violations concerning the handling of classified information but that there wasn't sufficient reason to bring charges. A years-long State Department investigation that ended in 2019 found Clinton's use of a private email server put classified information at risk but that there was "no persuasive evidence of systemic, deliberate mishandling of classified information."

Nice of senator Graham to further rile up Trumps base. I would think it should be the senator's duty to calm the waters, not incite violence.

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham said Sunday there will be riots if former President Donald Trump is prosecuted over his handling of classified materials.

"Most Republicans including me, believe when it comes to Trump, there is no law. It's all about getting him," Graham said, adding: "And I'll say this, if there is a prosecution of Donald Trump for mishandling classified information after the Clinton debacle… there will be riots in the streets."

In July 2016, an FBI investigation found there was "evidence of potential" criminal violations concerning the handling of classified information but that there wasn't sufficient reason to bring charges. A years-long State Department investigation that ended in 2019 found Clinton's use of a private email server put classified information at risk but that there was "no persuasive evidence of systemic, deliberate mishandling of classified information."

Nice of senator Graham to further rile up Trumps base. I would think it should be the senator's duty to calm the waters, not incite violence.

Graham knows he is increasingly in the crosshairs of criminal investigators.

Bi polar lindsey speaks again. Today he loves trump, yesterday he hated trump, the day before he loved trump before that he called trump every name in the book and we should pay attention to what graham says why?

Whose skirt will Lindsay hide behind?
Graham should be arrested toot sweet for sedition.

Sunununu was obviously a semi-fascist all along.
His father was a full-on fascist in the Nixon admin.

That is their only way out of this legal shit storm: they will literally incite violence if the heat gets turned up too high. Don't think they're above it - they're not. They don't give a single solitary shit what happens next. If they think they can stop AG Garland by inciting mass civil unrest, then that is what they will do. They don't care if people get hurt or killed. That's why I keep saying the Republican party has to be destroyed. There are no good Republicans. They are now what the Southern Democratic Party was in the 1870s and 1880s: a militia group that poses as a political party.

Between this and fighting the GA subpoena, Lindsey Graham shows his contempt for the rule of law. He needs to be relieved of his position on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

That is their only way out of this legal shit storm: they will literally incite violence if the heat gets turned up too high. Don't think they're above it - they're not. They don't give a single solitary shit what happens next. If they think they can stop AG Garland by inciting mass civil unrest, then that is what they will do. They don't care if people get hurt or killed. That's why I keep saying the Republican party has to be destroyed. There are no good Republicans. They are now what the Southern Democratic Party was in the 1870s and 1880s: a militia group that poses as a political party.
You may be right. Thankfully, though, and this is just my opinion, I don't think the AG gives a shit about threats coming from right wing losers. We have this one chance to set the tone for law and order in this country and I believe the AG will follow through.

I have of course, been wrong before.

This is a test of our democracy. Graham is saying Trump is above our democracy of law. He is inciting riot against democracy that Rep/cons have been attacking all along. Democracy was last similarly tested, and the system failed, when Ford pardoned Nixon for any crimes he may have committed.

Graham should first get his pin head out of the orange shit gibbons ass.

Come up for air and try to think clearly.

He is projecting that there will be rioting, by whom, by Trump cult worshipers.

Think about it.

The same sort of treacherous scum that stormed the Capitol in the J6 Insurrection attempt.

It wouldn't be rioting by good, decent, sane, rational and politically intelligent America loving Patriotic folks.

It would be fools beholding some unfathomable but obsessed obeisance to one single lying, egotistical, criminal.

There would be nothing sane and rational in such rioting.

Graham is acknowledging the irrationality of the Trump controlled Republican Party, he is telling us it is a cult behind one man.

This is a test of our democracy. Graham is saying Trump is above our democracy of law. He is inciting riot against democracy that Rep/cons have been attacking all along. Democracy was last similarly tested, and the system failed, when Ford pardoned Nixon for any crimes he may have committed.
:)(y)
Spot on!

Graham is a lickspittle. Always was.

I’m sure that trumpnation secretly cheered when he said there would be riots.

But they’re not here proclaiming it.

They screwed the pooch in Jan 6th. The constant string of endless cofeve that kept their hero on the TV screen has been replaced by the lawlessness, disloyalty and self dealing which now keeps him on the TV.

Graham has been a shit stain on the Senate for almost as long as he’s been there. It’s a wonder that any media gives what he says any airtime or cyberspace at all. He’s just another example of how low the GOP has sunk.

The only reason he still has his seat is because he’s been, like far too many of his colleagues, a fawning obsequious ass licker for Trump.

For sure. Graham and his Congressional Elite buddies...both Dems and Reps...will make sure there are riots.

Just like they did on 1/6.

For sure. Graham and his Congressional Elite buddies...both Dems and Reps...will make sure there are riots.

Just like they did on 1/6.
Oh, look! There will be fine people on both sides. Shame on you.

Oh, look! There will be fine people on both sides. Shame on you.
Fox News must have talked bad about Lady G, thus why we talk bad about him.
Once Fox News says glowing things about Lady G, then we will talk glowingly about him.

A number of Republican politicians committed a bunch of crimes that they're now going to be held accountable for and they're going to use average Joe Republican on the street who makes 50 Grand a year to rise up and create violence in their names so they don't have to go to jail.

I bet the criminals in Oakland and Chicago and Baltimore wish they could do the same.

Fortunately, I don't think we'll have to find out.

Back
Top Bottom