• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Semiautomatic Rifles

Semiautomatic rifles should be....

• Banned completely

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Banned if they are "military style" (e.g., have a pistol grip or adjustable shoulder stock)

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Not banned, but harder to buy (e.g., treated as NFA weapons)

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Regulated primarily at the state-level, as they are now

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Unregulated, except for general gun laws (as in most red states)

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters
You're decent enough to not troll about the Sandy Hook slaughter.
Was that the list of names you introduced to the thread in an effort to provoke a response?

Your commentary is nearly all trolling and intellectual dishonesty.
I think only the anti gun hysterics think that. I understand the issue inside and out. You all hate gun ownership for political reasons and then try to pretend it's based on facts and public safety. You hate the US military, you hate police, you hate honest gun owners

RF667799 said:
Weapons are defined by use. A baseball bat used to bludgeon someone, was used as a weapon. Somebody stabbing someone with a steak knife, could be charged and convicted of
assault...with a deadly weapon.
And you say
Weapons are defined by design.
By your silly definition a baseball bat can only hit a baseball?
And a steak knife can only cut steak? Somehow by your design.

OK, but tools commonly employed by those committing homicide are not banned on that basis.
I find his design theory humorous and rather circular if that's the word I'm looking for, but at least he doesn't runaway like some on here. Hear that reinaert? Kudos. But your theory still sucks.;)

Yes, you are. So good of you to finally admit it. Whenever you're ready to present one of those "good arguments," let us know.

At least you have some smarts about Covid-19.

At least you have some smarts about Covid-19.

I see you're desperate to make this about me, but feel free to talk about the topic. "Good arguments." Let's have 'em.

I see you're desperate to make this about me, but feel free to talk about the topic. "Good arguments." Let's have 'em.

I'm wasting less time on bad faith questions and people's trolling. Search my comment history in the gun control section and reply with your best takedown attempt.

Search my comment history in the gun control section and reply with your best takedown attempt.
Guns are fun to shoot 🔫:D

I'm wasting less time on bad faith questions and people's trolling. Search my comment history in the gun control section and reply with your best takedown attempt.

Asking you to identify a "good argument" in a political discussion forum is bad faith? I need to go searching for them instead? Speaking of wasting time, why would I do that when I've only ever known you to make bad arguments. Here I thought you might have something new.

You've wasted far more time dodging the question than you would have spent identifying one of these "good arguments" you think you have.

Asking you to identify a "good argument" in a political discussion forum is bad faith? I need to go searching for them instead?

I've been familiar with your commentary since I joined DP, and I suspect I knew you at another political commenting site. Bad faith is the nicer description of your commentary about guns.

2. Yes.

Crazy people will always be able to get guns in America

Someone always knows when someone has a loose screw.

We really need to change the way we treat the mentally ill. Giving them drugs and letting the join the homeless or letting the family deal with them or housing them in our jails or letting them deal with it alone just isn't working

We housed a LOT of mentally ill people in the county jail back in my day. Not that we wanted to... there simply weren't beds in mental hospitals for them. The country's mental hospitals were gutted in the 80s.

Guns are just for fun, right, gun-humpers?

That, hunting, and self defense constitute the vast majority of gun use.

Are you implying that they are "for" murder? Prove it. Prove it without proving that many other things are "for" murder.

You'll fail.

Guns are fun, for sure. Do you have a problem with people having fun?
I consider firearms to be both prudent and useful, but not fun. Not any more fun than my chainsaw, or any other tool that I find useful. It helps me get the job done by helping me put food on the table and allows me to remain on top of the food chain. Which I wouldn't be able to do as easily without a firearm.

I consider firearms to be both prudent and useful, but not fun. Not any more fun than my chainsaw, or any other tool that I find useful. It helps me get the job done by helping me put food on the table and allows me to remain on top of the food chain. Which I wouldn't be able to do as easily without a firearm.

That's you. Many people find shooting to be an enjoyable hobby, just like some people enjoy owning fast cars or drinking alcohol. All of those things are potentially dangerous, so there's no real difference except that knowing how to shoot well is also useful.

Back
Top Bottom