• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Save the Environment, KILL ME?

FreeThinker

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I went to the pharmacy today to pick up my albuterol asthma inhaler today, and I was told that the $10 inhaler I had been using was banned because it's not environmentally friendly.

I CAN'T BREATH, AND THEY'RE SAYING MY INHALER ISN'T GOOD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT?????

I have to buy 3 of those a month. The new ones are $33. That means I get to pay $69 extra dollars a month TO SAVE THE ****ING PLANET. GREAT.

I can understand the government pushing for safer propellants in inhalers, but for THE LOVE OF CHRIST they should be willing to pay for it if they're banning it. It's not hair spray. I can't ****ing breath.

Who do I even write to about this? My congressman? Would sending a letter off to the new President Elect be a waste of time?

I went to the pharmacy today to pick up my albuterol asthma inhaler today, and I was told that the $10 inhaler I had been using was banned because it's not environmentally friendly.

I CAN'T BREATH, AND THEY'RE SAYING MY INHALER ISN'T GOOD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT?????

I have to buy 3 of those a month. The new ones are $33. That means I get to pay $69 extra dollars a month TO SAVE THE ****ING PLANET. GREAT.

I can understand the government pushing for safer propellants in inhalers, but for THE LOVE OF CHRIST they should be willing to pay for it if they're banning it. It's not hair spray. I can't ****ing breath.

Who do I even write to about this? My congressman? Would sending a letter off to the new President Elect be a waste of time?
This is utterly ridiculous.
Something doesn't smell right.
I would suggest you see if you can fill your prescription at another pharmacy.
If they banned the propellants the new forms should not be that much more expensive - at least your insurer should assist in the difference if indeed there're no other alternatives.

This is utterly ridiculous.
Something doesn't smell right.
I would suggest you see if you can fill your prescription at another pharmacy.
If they banned the propellants the new forms should not be that much more expensive - at least your insurer should assist in the difference if indeed there're no other alternatives.

What insurer?

I wrote obama and my state senator letters about this almost a week ago. No word back. BIG SURPRISE.

I love how they have the time to outlaw things that I need to breath but not the time to talk to me. Awesome.

Why Are CFC Inhalers Being Phased Out?
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has told makers of albuterol inhalers that they must stop using the ozone-depleting propellants called chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), which send albuterol into the lungs.

Manufacturers have already begun to make or ramp up production of CFC-free inhalers, also called hydrofluoroalkane (HFA) inhalers, in advance of the December 31, 2008 deadline.

CFC-Free Inhalers: Time to Make the Switch - American Lung Association site

Last edited:
And they are more of a pain in the ass to clean from what I hear.

That sucks though, freethinker.

If the CFCs are being sent into the lungs, how is it depleting the ozone?

Everythings is legal in Wisconsin after you deep fry it. That's the best thing about the state.

Well, that and Cheese curds.

I could probably eat my weight in deep fried cheese curds. I've never gotten an order I couldn't finish. And that includes family size orders.

I could probably eat my weight in deep fried cheese curds. I've never gotten an order I couldn't finish. And that includes family size orders.

I was in door county this summer and I swear I must have eaten 6 or 7 family sized baskets myself in three days.

I was in door county this summer and I swear I must have eaten 6 or 7 family sized baskets myself in three days.

Door County is one of our few gems we have. Its propped up very nicely by our rich Chicago friends to the south.

I ain't rich. I just like Cherries.

If Kelzie ever pops her head up again, you should tell her how great Door County cherry wine is. She's a wine snob, and simply won't have it. Apparently wine must come from a vineyard, not an orchard.

Everythings is legal in Wisconsin after you deep fry it. That's the best thing about the state.

Well, that and Cheese curds.

The best thing about Wisconsin:

PabstBlueRibbonmm.jpg

Ok, I'm like, for real pissed about this, in such a way that I'm actually willing to do something about it besides complain on the internet.

I sent emails to my state senator and to whoever runs obama's state senator site. Neither had snailmail addresses to send letters to, or I would have.

Is there a better way for me to do something about this? I don't even know how to properly protest.

Ok, I'm like, for real pissed about this, in such a way that I'm actually willing to do something about it besides complain on the internet.

I sent emails to my state senator and to whoever runs obama's state senator site. Neither had snailmail addresses to send letters to, or I would have.

Is there a better way for me to do something about this? I don't even know how to properly protest.

How about contacting a news station? You could possibly get some air time and attract attention.

What insurer?

I wrote obama and my state senator letters about this almost a week ago. No word back. BIG SURPRISE.

I love how they have the time to outlaw things that I need to breath but not the time to talk to me. Awesome.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has told makers of albuterol inhalers that they must stop using the ozone-depleting propellants called chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), which send albuterol into the lungs.

Manufacturers have already begun to make or ramp up production of CFC-free inhalers, also called hydrofluoroalkane (HFA) inhalers, in advance of the December 31, 2008 deadline.

The purpose of saving the environment is so you and your relatives in the futere can live, and there will be clean water to drink, good air to breathe, and
fat safe cows for milk and meat.

What insurer?

The purpose of saving the environment is so you and your relatives in the future can live, and there will be clean water to drink, good air to breathe, and

The purpose of saving the environment is so you and your relatives in the futere can live, and there will be clean water to drink, good air to breathe, and

Did you read what he said? A good future won't mean **** to him if a stupid policy kills him now.

Upon reading a bit about this it appears that this is a scheme of one of the big drug companies to make profits rather than any attempt to save the world. It will cost you people with asthma 1.2 billion a year all total.

Disgusting. Makes me want to go become a commie pinko.

There are coupons available.

Upon reading a bit about this it appears that this is a scheme of one of the big drug companies to make profits rather than any attempt to save the world. It will cost you people with asthma 1.2 billion a year all total.

Disgusting. Makes me want to go become a commie pinko.

There are coupons available.

There would not be a problem if a bunch of people hating tree huggers didn't force it.

Don't try to blame this on evil corporations. If someone could make these inhalers cheaper, they would. It's supply and demand, except now the government stepped in and screwed it up.

I'm so mad, I don't even have a clever way to end this post.

CFC's from inhalers have not even been studied in terms of their impact on the environment. Some tree hugger's theory is taking precedence over my right to breath.

Back
Top Bottom