• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Santos On Small Business and Science Committees

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
They laughed at Nancy Pelosi in her first year in the House too and look how she turned out.

When I consider the multiple background checks I had to submit to in order to work in science, I am annoyed that a complete lack of effective background checks landed this lying fool on the Science, Space and Technology Committee.

If this guy stays on these committees despite being a huge crook it'll show just how low the Republicans have sunk.

When I consider the multiple background checks I had to submit to in order to work in science, I am annoyed that a complete lack of effective background checks landed this lying fool on the Science, Space and Technology Committee.
Would you rather he be on the Finance Committee? That is where he wanted to be.

Background checks are meaningless in Congress, since each house determines is own members. And for the record, if they were elected to public office then they are by definition a professional liar. Every politician lies, without exception.

Just don't give him a check book or an account number.

Would you rather he be on the Finance Committee? That is where he wanted to be.

Background checks are meaningless in Congress, since each house determines is own members. And for the record, if they were elected to public office then they are by definition a professional liar. Every politician lies, without exception.
Not really. I like my job fine. It's just interesting that regular workers have to submit to all sorts of invasive background checks to get hired but this complete fraud can just cruise right into our government with no background checks.

If this guy stays on these committees despite being a huge crook it'll show just how low the Republicans have sunk.
Unfortunately, it is impossible for there to be a new ‘low’

Not really. I like my job fine. It's just interesting that regular workers have to submit to all sorts of invasive background checks to get hired but this complete fraud can just cruise right into our government with no background checks.
I have only been subject to one background check in my 68 years on the planet. It was conducted by the FBI when I obtained my Secret clearance in the military. My security clearance was deactivated after I left the service, and then reactivated again a decade later when I did a contract with the Hughes' Missile Division in Carlsbad, CA. A second background check was unnecessary. I have also never subjected myself to a NCIS or background check to purchase a firearm. I do not buy firearms from FFL holders.

Congress critters are special. While in session they have immunity from arrest for violating minor laws. It would require two-thirds majority of the house in question, before a member can be "expelled." Which, as we have seen, allows them to get away with all manner of various crimes.

I would like to see what can be done, legally.

I have only been subject to one background check in my 68 years on the planet. It was conducted by the FBI when I obtained my Secret clearance in the military. My security clearance was deactivated after I left the service, and then reactivated again a decade later when I did a contract with the Hughes' Missile Division in Carlsbad, CA. A second background check was unnecessary. I have also never subjected myself to a NCIS or background check to purchase a firearm. I do not buy firearms from FFL holders.

Congress critters are special. While in session they have immunity from arrest for violating minor laws. It would require two-thirds majority of the house in question, before a member can be "expelled." Which, as we have seen, allows them to get away with all manner of various crimes.
If one wants to work in science in many areas, he or she will need to submit to extensive background checks. However, if one wants to be on a government science committee during this congress, he or she can misrepresent an entire background.

If one wants to work in science in many areas, he or she will need to submit to extensive background checks. However, if one wants to be on a government science committee during this congress, he or she can misrepresent an entire background.

How very dare you put roadblocks in front of Republicans putting crooks on select committees.
They only select the best people who just happen to also commit the odd crime here and there.

How very dare you put roadblocks in front of Republicans putting crooks on select committees.
They only select the best people who just happen to also commit the odd crime here and there.
I'm just promoting their right to work.

that you know about

damn, i truly hope you are wrong!
I heard a quote and did my best to locate it after the fact. Possibly Plato or one of the other Greeks. Paraphrasing, “without a sense of shame, there can be no democracy.”

You thought Trump was the lowest rung and now Santos says, “hold my beer.”

I think we are dead-man walking.

I also hope I’m wrong…..🤷

Complete and utter nonsense. I worked in science for most of my career, and the only background checks I have ever been subjected to was the one performed on me while I was in the military.

If some elected official wants to be on a science committee all they have to do is lie their ass off and claim how much experience they have in finance, and ask to be placed with the Finance Committee. Exactly like Rep. Santos.

Back
Top Bottom