• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Sanders supporters not so happy with Hillary Endorsement

gdgyva

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Carrie Gilroy, a delegate pledged to Sanders from the 25th Congressional District, said Tuesday's announcement was certainly a letdown.

"It's been a tough day. We were behind Bernie. He was our choice — he is our choice," Gilroy said. "This endorsement is not going to change too many minds. People want what they want, and they see this glimpse of an honest politician fighting for the people, and they're not going to give that up easily."

While the Irondequoit resident is committed to Sanders through her status as a delegate, Gilroy, 39, conceded Monroe County for Bernie Sanders may choose to change its title. Despite the disdain, though, the activism and call for change Sanders is credited for setting in motion is not likely to slow down, Gilroy said.

"It doesn’t matter who's endorsing who — the ideas are out of the box," Gilroy said. "I believe the political revolution Bernie Sanders started is here to stay. I don't think we're all just going to roll over and go back to the status quo."

Bernie Sanders supporters react to Clinton endorsement

the Bernie supporters seem mixed at best....a lot of them are not happy with the Hillary endorsement it seems

For those of you who were Bernie supporters on here, what is your take?

Is the democratic ticket the important thing?

Or is it Bernie's ideas and changing the status quo as one of these people said?

I was/am a huge Bernie supporter and I loved the Clinton endorsement I actually hope he gets picked as her VP even though that's extremely unlikely

I was/am a huge Bernie supporter and I loved the Clinton endorsement I actually hope he gets picked as her VP even though that's extremely unlikely

i give you two chances

slim and none...and slim left town months ago

just not politically the smart move for her, at least imo

It'll in all likelihood be Tim Cain or Elizabeth Warren

I was/am a strong supporter of Bernie. I couldn't care less about what is best for the Democratic party. I am not a Democrat and haven't voted Democrat since 2008. I voted for Bernie despite him running as a Democrat. Now that he is for the most part out I will likely do what I did in the last election and vote Green Party unless the Libertarians win me over.

I won't write in Bernie, however, because that literally is a wasted vote. It won't even count in the popular vote because he hasn't registered as a write-in candidate.

As for Bernie endorsing Hillary? I'm not happy about it but I understand it given who the Republicans have nominated. Had the Republicans nominated a more stable person I wouldn't be as forgiving of Bernie's endorsement.

You cannot take back the kinds of truths he spoke about her.

It'll in all likelihood be Tim Cain or Elizabeth Warren

Neither one gives any juice in any swing states

kinda surprised she isnt trying to bring in someone that might help bring in a purple state

Virginia is still very much up for grabs....

You cannot take back the kinds of truths he spoke about her.

Exactly.

For 6 months Bernie has been stating his position and attacking Hillary with those truths.
Now that he's sold out on all his previous positions and legitimate criticism of her, and had gone and endorsed her
. . . .
What exactly ARE Bernie supporters supposed to think? Sold down the river would seem to be most appropriate.

Carrie Gilroy, a delegate pledged to Sanders from the 25th Congressional District, said Tuesday's announcement was certainly a letdown.

"It's been a tough day. We were behind Bernie. He was our choice — he is our choice," Gilroy said. "This endorsement is not going to change too many minds. People want what they want, and they see this glimpse of an honest politician fighting for the people, and they're not going to give that up easily."

While the Irondequoit resident is committed to Sanders through her status as a delegate, Gilroy, 39, conceded Monroe County for Bernie Sanders may choose to change its title. Despite the disdain, though, the activism and call for change Sanders is credited for setting in motion is not likely to slow down, Gilroy said.

"It doesn’t matter who's endorsing who — the ideas are out of the box," Gilroy said. "I believe the political revolution Bernie Sanders started is here to stay. I don't think we're all just going to roll over and go back to the status quo."

Bernie Sanders supporters react to Clinton endorsement

the Bernie supporters seem mixed at best....a lot of them are not happy with the Hillary endorsement it seems

For those of you who were Bernie supporters on here, what is your take?

Is the democratic ticket the important thing?

Or is it Bernie's ideas and changing the status quo as one of these people said?

Same question can be asked of the Conservatives in the GOP that got stuck with a Liberal, Trump. There are shakeups coming for Both Parties, GOOD.

Exactly.

For 6 months Bernie has been stating his position and attacking Hillary with those truths.
Now that he's sold out on all his previous positions and legitimate criticism of her, and had gone and endorsed her
. . . .
What exactly ARE Bernie supporters supposed to think? Sold down the river would seem to be most appropriate.
Once again the same can be said of Trump and the GOP, oh except that most Conservative leaders or candidates are Not endorsing Trump.

Once again the same can be said of Trump and the GOP, oh except that most Conservative leaders or candidates are Not endorsing Trump.

No, not really.

Bernie's endorsement is a complete reversal of his previously stated positions / opinions as stated in his stump speeches during the primary.

Not the same thing with the establishment GOP leaders who weren't pro-Trump from the very beginning of the primary.

Mccain nor any of the quote establishment republicans have thrown their support behind Trump

Not that i expected them to.....

Just a really weird year in politics

And we are still 3 1/2 months away from election day

Same question can be asked of the Conservatives in the GOP that got stuck with a Liberal, Trump. There are shakeups coming for Both Parties, GOOD.

I am also looking forward to the big shakeups that are coming. Both parties are guilty of becoming complacent and paying more attention to the big donors rather than the voters.

I am also looking forward to the big shakeups that are coming. Both parties are guilty of becoming complacent and paying more attention to the big donors rather than the voters.

That's for damn sure.

No, not really.

Bernie's endorsement is a complete reversal of his previously stated positions / opinions as stated in his stump speeches during the primary.

Not the same thing with the establishment GOP leaders who weren't pro-Trump from the very beginning of the primary.

And their conservative supporters who got the same raw deal, you are stuck with Trump just as Bernie fans are stuck with Hillary. The rest of us are just Stuck.

I would love to see a couple of new Parties that are more acceptable than those we have as options now. The Big Two will fight it tooth and nail.

And their conservative supporters who got the same raw deal, you are stuck with Trump just as Bernie fans are stuck with Hillary. The rest of us are just Stuck.

That's not an unreasonable assessment of where the nation and it's electorate are at this point.

That's not an unreasonable assessment of where the nation and it's electorate are at this point.

Sadly that is where we are, history is interesting to watch unfold, but sometimes it can also be sad to see in action.

Sadly that is where we are, history is interesting to watch unfold, but sometimes it can also be sad to see in action.

Perhaps this will serve as one massive WAKE THE **** UP CALL!! to both the establishment political parties as well as the biased media, as well as the inattentive electorate.

Frankly, all three need a serious wake up call. Perhaps this is it.

Perhaps this will serve as one massive WAKE THE **** UP CALL!! to both the establishment political parties as well as the biased media, as well as the inattentive electorate.

Frankly, all three need a serious wake up call. Perhaps this is it.

One would hope But it takes more than this to wake up the sleeping masses, far too few see the writing on the wall today. Things will get far worse before people look up and notice we are in deep trouble, by then it may be too late to turn back (I personally believe we are already too late to correct the slide).

Back
Top Bottom