• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian Lawyer Charged With Obstruction of Justice

Sure; it was so "important" that nothing happened for 5 years until now when they can squeeze her in connection with the Trump meeting.

They did the same with Manafort. He was on the FBI radar for almost 10 years for money laundering but nothing happened until he became associated with Trump.

What a load of BS ... and you know it. (grin)
not sure where you got "nothing happened for 5 years", the tax fraud case was going through the courts, she was defense lawyer in the case.

Just found someone who is more or less on the same line of reasoning in this case as I am (funny thing ... we both used the term "squeeze"):

"... Dershowitz, a Harvard Law professor emeritus, explained that it's rare for a U.S. Attorney's Office to bring an indictment based on a misleading affidavit submitted in a civil case. He said the indictment raises questions about "selective prosecution," but the case itself "seems solid."

"They may now have her in a position where they can squeeze her, get her to sing and testify regarding the meeting. That puts the pressure on her," he said.

"The evidentiary basis for the case seems strong, but the question is: is this a case that would have been brought had she not been a Russian who attended the meeting at Trump Tower?"

https://insider.foxnews.com/2019/01...le-squeeze-russian-lawyer-trump-tower-meeting
she is not going to come back.....

Well, in fact, Trump Jr. was at the meeting. But, as I said, they sent her packing in short order. That's the extent of his involvement.

Why don't you want to admit that Congress and the Obama administration had MUCH more involvement with the lady than anyone from the Trump campaign did?

I don't see Obama officials meeting with the criminal lawyer. Only the criminal president's criminal son. sorry.

she certainly did and Simpson was working with her to repeal the Magnitsky Act.

The timing make you wonder if there wasn't something more. After all, Simpson was neck deep in the Hillary campaign/Obama administration scheme to make Trump lose the election.

I don't see Obama officials meeting with the criminal lawyer. Only the criminal president's criminal son. sorry.

Then you know nothing about what happened. Numerous Obama officials had contact with the lady, as well as numerous Congressmen.

But hey...your blinders only let you see the meeting.

Then you know nothing about what happened. Numerous Obama officials had contact with the lady, as well as numerous Congressmen.

What About What About Obama...Same tired ass excuse

she is not going to come back.....

Especially since she already volunteered to talk to Mueller, Congress or anyone else...and nobody took her up on it.

Now they pull this stunt?

She'll tell them to suck ass.

What About What About Obama...Same tired ass excuse

shrug...

She has more of a connection with Obama than she does with Trump.

But hey...you have those same blinders, don't you?

The timing make you wonder if there wasn't something more. After all, Simpson was neck deep in the Hillary campaign/Obama administration scheme to make Trump lose the election.
I'm not sure why you make such pathetic arguments, fusion/Simpson was a gun for hire, dirt digger, who was originally hired to dig dirt/create the Drumpf dos....for a gop/never Drumpfer, it was later that it was bought by dems. I have no idea why it is so hard to conceive that he could be hired to support a defendant in a tax fraud case. Maybe some folks live their entire life in a binary, b&w world.

Who were they?

Especially since she already volunteered to talk to Mueller, Congress or anyone else...and nobody took her up on it.

Weird, yer defending a Kremlin stooge who obstructed justice in a case associated with a Kremlin murder plot/tax fraud. What strange bedfellows you keep.

Weird, yer defending a Kremlin stooge who obstructed justice in a case associated with a Kremlin murder plot/tax fraud. What strange bedfellows you keep.

Not defending her at all. Just stating facts.

They are inconvenient, aren't they?

I'm not sure why you make such pathetic arguments, fusion/Simpson was a gun for hire, dirt digger, who was originally hired to dig dirt/create the Drumpf dos....for a gop/never Drumpfer, it was later that it was bought by dems. I have no idea why it is so hard to conceive that he could be hired to support a defendant in a tax fraud case. Maybe some folks live their entire life in a binary, b&w world.

I haven't made any arguments. I've only stated facts and I wonder about things.

Quite different than a lot of people in this thread who have convicted...well, anyone they don't like...based on nothing.

Don't ask me stupid questions until you RTT.

Nope you made the claim, but like usual you don't have any evidence to back up your assertion. I have Trumpy Jrs emails and tweets incriminating him. Your move Mycroft.

Not defending her at all. Just stating facts.

They are inconvenient, aren't they?
You ARE defending her, and your argument is nearly totally ignorant of the timeline of her case and its connections....which is why you are able to come up with nonsensical responses and naive speculation. It is sort of what the orange-a-tan does, makes unsubstantiated statements, creating confusion that is countered, but while being countered creates other bs. Your work is that of a chaos monkey, which is EXACTLY what the Kremlin playbook is.

Congrats, yer part of their team.

I haven't made any arguments. I've only stated facts and I wonder about things.

Quite different than a lot of people in this thread who have convicted...well, anyone they don't like...based on nothing.
Again, a REALLY stupid comment, you cannot ONLY state "facts" and in the same breath speculate, further, the fed prosecutors are not acting "on nothing", that is a claim an ignorant person and/or chaos monkey would say.

Dems must be really worried about Trump's speech tonight (grin) to have Mueller roll out another nothingburger for distraction ... :lamo

You conservatives must be really worried about Mueller because there isn't any evidence that this Southern District of NY investigation is connected with Mueller in any way. It's just illustrative of how connected with Kremlin Veselnitskaya actually is.

She did talk with the majority and minority leaders of the Senate Russian investigation in Germany and it was later determined that she had made false statements to them.

Again, a REALLY stupid comment, you cannot ONLY state "facts" and in the same breath speculate, further, the fed prosecutors are not acting "on nothing", that is a claim an ignorant person and/or chaos monkey would say.

Of course I can state facts and then speculate.

The stuff the feds are acting on have nothing to do with Trump.

Yet, you want to ignore facts, speculate on everything...and then convict Trump.

Thanks, but I decline to take part in your nothingburger.

She did talk with the majority and minority leaders of the Senate Russian investigation in Germany and it was later determined that she had made false statements to them.

Link, please.

Of course I can state facts and then speculate.
Drops the "only" absolute, moves the goalpost.

The stuff the feds are acting on have nothing to do with Trump.
I never said the case involved Trump, you ignorantly said this was going on BECAUSE of the Mueller investigation....whereas it was a case that existed prior to the campaign....yer going in circles.

Yet, you want to ignore facts, speculate on everything...and then convict Trump.
Yer making up crap, as per usual, derailing.

Thanks, but I decline to take part in your nothingburger.
LOL!

So...I wonder...

1. Since she was connected to Fusion GPS, does this mean they had any connection to Kremlin officials?

2. Since various Congressional figures and Obama administration officials were connected to her, does this mean they had any connection to Kremlin officials?

In any case, it's a good thing Trump Jr. and his buddies sent her packing.

I haven't seen Glenn Simpson's name brought up in an article for weeks.

The company Natalia Veselnitskaya was working for was Preveson a real estate firm. Glenn Simpson was also hired by Preveson to lobby for the same company to overturn the Magnitsky Act the time the Hillary Clinton campaign and Democratic National committee hired Fusion GPS/ Glenn Simpson and Christopher Steele to produce dirt on Trump in which most of the salacious unfounded allegations Steele claimed in the infamous dossier he accredited to Russians.

And it is important to remember before the meeting at Trump Tower, Veselnitskaya met with Simpson and then again after the meeting. Veselnitskaya also had a close relationship with Obama's ambassador to Russia at the time. Veselnitsksaya also had to get special permission from Obama's State Department to even enter the U.S. at that time.

We have the close relationship of the Ohr's with Simpson GPS and Christopher Steele at the DOJ. And just a few days ago Christopher Steele's testimony in another trial he admitted he was hired by the Clinton campaign in case Trump did win so she could challenge the election. And it has also been established that Obama's FBI was working with Christopher Steele, Ohr, and other Democratic operatives. We also know there is evidence of Brennan at Obama's CIA involved with their foreign operatives to set up low hanging fruit in Trump's campaign.

We know those who sought Fusion GPS to build the dossier after the Free Beacon stopped their original effort to gain dirt on Trump until he won the primarythen was pursued by Democrats in Congress. And for the record it should be noted Free Beacon was a major supporter of Marco Rubio. Christopher Steele was not hired until after the Free Beacon stopped their agreement with Fusion. In hind sight it was Marco Rubio and John Kasich who actually allowed Trump to become the nominee. If they had done the honorable thing they would have ended their campaigns months before they did and Cruz would have won the primary but in the end Cruz would have lost the election and right now there would have been a president Clinton in the Oval office.

What I am getting at is the circle is narrowing in of those involved which tend to be Democrats with ties to Russians. There's been nothing from the IG or Huber and Trump has not yet released the documents requested by Republicans in Congress. And this latest news is just one more in the column of how Fusion/the Russian atty were up to their eyeballs colluding with Russians....

Back
Top Bottom