• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia Sends Warships to Mediterranean.....

This would have been a more straight forward process if only Syria did not rely on extreme religious organizations and terrorists. Hence I understand how out of such stupid decision allies would consider bombing them both.

But what if it is Russian propaganda that states that Syrian opposition is largely made of terrorists? Are the sources credible?

Hang on a minute their pedro...

Anti-Europeanism i can stomach, we do have France and Belgium here after all.... But claiming the loss of American credibility on Europeans is laughable...

Not to mention that he is from Europe.

Not to mention that he is from Europe.
Well, I'm not anti-europian.

During all the history, most of the mess in Europe, Africa, Asi was made by French and UK and their colonies.

French always been to addicted to provoce the African and ME.
countries.
They still think they are colonies. Thankfully British showed some maturity yesterday. Maturity which I never found on French.

This would have been a more straight forward process if only Syria did not rely on extreme religious organizations and terrorists. Hence I understand how out of such stupid decision allies would consider bombing them both.

But what if it is Russian propaganda that states that Syrian opposition is largely made of terrorists? Are the sources credible?

Heya DDD :2wave: Yes.....they are credible. ;)

Syrian rebels defy US and pledge allegiance to jihadi group
Rebel groups across Syria are defying the United States by pledging their allegiance to a group that Washington will designate today a terrorist organization for its alleged links to al-Qaeda.

SYRIA-CONFLICT-201_2423945b.jpg

A total of 29 opposition groups, including fighting "brigades" and civilian committees, have signed a petition calling for mass demonstrations in support of Jabhat al-Nusra, an Islamist group which the White House believes is an offshoot of al-Qaeda in Iraq.

The petition is promoting the slogan "No to American intervention, for we are all Jabhat al-Nusra" and urges supporters to "raise the Jabhat al-Nusra flag" as a "thank you".

"These are the men for the people of Syria, these are the heroes who belong to us in religion, in blood and in revolution," read a statement widely circulated on Syrian opposition Facebook pages.

Although Jabhat al-Nusra remains separate from the Free Syrian Army, many FSA leaders now recognise its strength and order their forces to cooperate with it.

Even mainstream opposition activists expressed anger at what they claimed was America's last-minute attempt to "muscle in on their revolution".

EU leaders including William Hague, the Foreign Secretary, met the heads of the coalition in Brussels yesterday, having already recognised it as "the legitimate representative of the aspirations of the Syrian people".

Opposition fighters inside Syria told The Daily Telegraph that the US announcement was too little too late, and that any attempts by the West to intervene in Syria would be rejected. "We don't support the new FSA military command," said Ous al-Arabi, a spokesman of the Deir al-Zour Revolutionary council.....snip~

Syrian rebels defy US and pledge allegiance to jihadi group - Telegraph

Well, I'm not anti-europian.

During all the history, most of the mess in Europe, Africa, Asi was made by French and UK and their colonies.

French always been to addicted to provoce the African and ME.
countries.
They still think they are colonies. Thankfully British showed some maturity yesterday. Maturity which I never found on French.

Alright. See now you make more sense ;)

Heya DDD :2wave: Yes.....they are credible. ;)

Syrian rebels defy US and pledge allegiance to jihadi group
Rebel groups across Syria are defying the United States by pledging their allegiance to a group that Washington will designate today a terrorist organization for its alleged links to al-Qaeda.

SYRIA-CONFLICT-201_2423945b.jpg

A total of 29 opposition groups, including fighting "brigades" and civilian committees, have signed a petition calling for mass demonstrations in support of Jabhat al-Nusra, an Islamist group which the White House believes is an offshoot of al-Qaeda in Iraq.

The petition is promoting the slogan "No to American intervention, for we are all Jabhat al-Nusra" and urges supporters to "raise the Jabhat al-Nusra flag" as a "thank you".

"These are the men for the people of Syria, these are the heroes who belong to us in religion, in blood and in revolution," read a statement widely circulated on Syrian opposition Facebook pages.

Although Jabhat al-Nusra remains separate from the Free Syrian Army, many FSA leaders now recognise its strength and order their forces to cooperate with it.

Even mainstream opposition activists expressed anger at what they claimed was America's last-minute attempt to "muscle in on their revolution".

EU leaders including William Hague, the Foreign Secretary, met the heads of the coalition in Brussels yesterday, having already recognised it as "the legitimate representative of the aspirations of the Syrian people".

Opposition fighters inside Syria told The Daily Telegraph that the US announcement was too little too late, and that any attempts by the West to intervene in Syria would be rejected. "We don't support the new FSA military command," said Ous al-Arabi, a spokesman of the Deir al-Zour Revolutionary council.....snip~

Syrian rebels defy US and pledge allegiance to jihadi group - Telegraph

If there is no new intel from the ground from CIA or so then it is too bad for Syrians :( .

Bad, stupid, decision that already costs innocent lives. It just seems so comforting for Russians to find Syrian opposition to repulse the USA with such leaning. Do not they know that they are dealing with the least merciful power on the planet and should have attracted all the help they could get instead?

Maybe you, and Obama, should brush up on Syria's relationships with Russia and China.

Who Are Syria's Friends And Why Are They Supporting Assad? : Parallels : NPR

The article you cite doesn't make a very compelling argument for Syria's 'friends'. (Using the term friends is amateur- there are so few friends in international politics- at best most are temporary agreement on a few issues that are transient at best)

your article quickly dismisses China as against regime changes in general- though not against invading neighbors when it comes to Tibet- and not likely to buck up if missiles are launched against Syrian targets.

Russia is a bit more of a puzzle. It longs for it's place in the sun but is constantly hemmed in by geography. Syria holds no real value past a naval port. Important but can be almost any other nation in the Med. Close to but lacking major oil reserves it isn't as valuable as our ports in the Persian Gulf, our ally Israel, and the rest of NATO's facilities.

Russian arms sales are important for it's economy- but scale is skewed. 5B in sales is 1/3 of Russia's average annual sales- how ever 5B is 17% of our annual arms sales. Important to russia yes, but given the hard lobbying for a broader client base through out the Arab World (Russian equipment is on average cheaper, easier to maintain, and more than enough death for each nation's own people or another Arab nation getting froggy)

Russia wants to be the other white meat for Arabs to chose. An attempt to return to Russia vs USofA contest. An attempt to return Russia to power broker status.

But I don't think Russia will go to war with us over Syria.

If there is no new intel from the ground from CIA or so then it is too bad for Syrians :( .

Bad, stupid, decision that already costs innocent lives. It just seems so comforting for Russians to find Syrian opposition to repulse the USA with such leaning. Do not they know that they are dealing with the least merciful power on the planet and should have attracted all the help they could get instead?

Well DDDCOLOR].....the Rebels are backed by the MB and the Salafists.....then AQ and al Nusra. Plus now the MB is going to unleash another brigade into Syria. So the Rebels are nothing but bad guys and Terrorists.

Which when it is all over.....they wouldn't hesitate to Kill Idris and any other Members of the FSA or TNC.

The Kuwaiti newspaper al Rai reported Tuesday that Russia recently transferred a number of advanced S-300 missile defense batteries to Syria. The report said since Aug. 21, when hundreds of Syrian civilians were killed in a chemical weapons attack by the Syrian regime, Russia has accelerated shipments of arms to President Bashar Assad's regime....snip~

Russian President Putin says 5 missile batteries to be sent to Iran - UPI.com

So, the Kuwatis' are saying Putin has been sending S300's to Assad. Should their news be accepted?

So, the Kuwatis' are saying Putin has been sending S300's to Assad. Should their news be accepted?
Hey MMC.

No, wait until CIA admit it. /(sarcasm)
I'm sure in the incoming days we will see lighters even the China warships. :cool:

Syria seems to be very important to Russia. I never though it had such importance to them.

Hey MMC.

No, wait until CIA admit it. /(sarcasm)
I'm sure in the incoming days we will see lighters even the China warships. :cool:

Syria seems to be very important to Russia. I never though it had such importance to them.

Hiya Coin. :2wave: If this is true.....coming from the Kuwaitis. Then Russia will likely warn Assad when any US missile is fired. Those S 300s can set up and taken down in 5 mins. Some think Russia can give Assad an extra 3 - 4 mins of time.

Back
Top Bottom