• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"russia" blockading Ukrainian grain is a 'real war crime' - EU

And how do we do that?

How does Ukraine do that?

Truck and rail?

Same as Alberta farmers, Alberta is about the same size and is landlocked. It has to go thousands of km east to go to Europe or about 1000 west to go to Asia

Truck and rail?

Same as Alberta farmers, Alberta is about the same size and is landlocked. It has to go thousands of km east to go to Europe or about 1000 west to go to Asia

Right, and so how are Ukraine's rails and roads these days?

Right, and so how are Ukraine's rails and roads these days?

Rail I would expect in poor condition

Roads especially gravel can be repaired very quickly, and grain trucks travel on gravel roads constantly in other parts of the world

Rail I would expect in poor condition

Roads especially gravel can be repaired very quickly, and grain trucks travel on gravel roads constantly in other parts of the world

It takes years to establish infrastructure, and if Ukraine was used to exporting goods by seaport, then that's what it did. Developing highway infrastructure would ordinarily be an answer but it has to develop the logistics to do that, and being in the middle of a terribly destructive war with Russia kinda complicates matter, wouldn't you think?

It takes years to establish infrastructure, and if Ukraine was used to exporting goods by seaport, then that's what it did. Developing highway infrastructure would ordinarily be an answer but it has to develop the logistics to do that, and being in the middle of a terribly destructive war with Russia kinda complicates matter, wouldn't you think?

Gravel roads are quick to build and repair. Transportation costs of course would go up, but it is possible and Europe has lots of grain handling experience. No need for highways, just roads

Gravel roads are quick to build and repair. Transportation costs of course would go up, but it is possible and Europe has lots of grain handling experience. No need for highways, just roads

If it were that easy, I'm sure they'd be doing it.

Truck and rail?

If it were that easy, I'm sure they'd be doing it.
its not easy ...

Of course it is not easy, they are in a war. Complaining about grain shipments out of a country in a war. is strange. In most wars it is a complaint about getting food into the country rather than out

In most wars it is a complaint about getting food into the country rather than out

Man, the expansion of the definition of "war crime" is nuts.

Funny how it was not a war crime in past wars....hell the allies blockaded Germany I. 2 world wars and Germany defacto blockaded the UK for a while during the Atlantic war...but that was not a war crime?

Man, the expansion of the definition of "war crime" is nuts.
said RT.ru , still tell to your bosses in Moscow that that Hague is real thing , they can ask this Moscow ´s poodle

1655737627048.png
he knows the drill )))) 😂

the "golden" horde uses food as a weapon at a worldwide level. This is a one of the form of cold war II . Putin's objective is to destroy free world through huge migration waves and find (mainly) African political supports by starving them. War horrors in one mad brain !

Ukraine could simply move their grain exports through their western border with Europe, if they weren't economically corrupt and incompetent.
Ukraine provides a significant chunk of the world’s grain. I am not sure what percentage they are having to use because of the war though. Welcome.

we will see a lot of action this summer

It's simple logic.

Most American grain is grown in the middle of the country, and yet, we manage to move it all across the continent and ship it out from ports thousands of miles away. Yet you expect me to believe that Ukraine can't move grain a few hundred miles west? LMAO
And yet, I believe the bulk of it goes down the Mississippi in barges. For bulk commodities, water usually beats land handily. Also hampering rail transport is that Ukraine's, and I would imagine other old ComBloc countries' rail guage is different from European standard. And then there is the little matter of Russia shelling and rocketing Ukraine railroads.

And yet, I believe the bulk of it goes down the Mississippi in barges. For bulk commodities, water usually beats land handily. Also hampering rail transport is that Ukraine's, and I would imagine other old ComBloc countries' rail guage is different from European standard. And then there is the little matter of Russia shelling and rocketing Ukraine railroads.

Russia is going to consistently keep the rail bridges and junctions under pressure to prevent these goods from reaching the market. Ultimately Russia is going to prevent Ukraine from selling agricultural commodities to deprive them of funds while at the same time putting pressure on the western world in the form of inflation. The political pressure from inflation is going to cause the West to eventually pull more support from Ukraine and eventually force them to make a whole bunch of concessions. Ukraine is simply getting ground into paste, they can't keep it up like this.

stay on Topic , we dont do here whataboutism

View attachment 67397593
It is on topic!

You claim that it is a war crime for Russia to blockade Ukrainian ports and hence exports.

I am pointing out that, this action was done by the UK, France, US, and every other country in a war in the last.. 100+ years.

So was that war crimes as well?

It is on topic!

You claim that it is a war crime for Russia to blockade Ukrainian ports and hence exports.

I am pointing out that, this action was done by the UK, France, US, and every other country in a war in the last.. 100+ years.

So was that war crimes as well?
whataboutism

man, EU/UN/NATO/Ukraine work on this 7/24 , its very complicated issue , pootler knows what he is doing , his gang dont care about hunger in Africa. the best link I found :

Back
Top Bottom