• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rudy: Only ‘50/50’ Chance I Worked With a ‘Russian Spy’ to Dig Dirt on Bidens

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

”Giuliani said he viewed his latest leak to the New York Post as an extension of his years-long efforts to work with Ukrainians to dig up dirt on the Bidens. But nearly all of his former Ukrainian associates have either been arrested and indicted by federal law enforcement or are no longer welcome in the U.S.”

Even money?

”Giuliani said he viewed his latest leak to the New York Post as an extension of his years-long efforts to work with Ukrainians to dig up dirt on the Bidens. But nearly all of his former Ukrainian associates have either been arrested and indicted by federal law enforcement or are no longer welcome in the U.S.”

Even money?
And these conspiracy pushing "patriots" think anything he says is gold.

Even money?

Rudy Giuliani's propaganda conduit in Ukraine - Andrey Derkach, is a known Russian intelligence agent who graduated from the KGB Academy (Dzerzhinsky Higher School) in Moscow in 1993.

His PhD thesis addressed conducting meetings with secret agents. His father (Leonid Derkach) was involved in the 2000 murder of journalist Georgiy Gongadze.

Derkach is thought to have been involved in the bloody assault by the security forces of Viktor Yanukovych on protesters in Kyiv on December 11, 2013.

On September 10, 2020, the U.S. Treasury Department sanctioned Derkach "for attempting to influence the U.S. electoral process," while also alleging that Derkach "has been an active Russian agent for over a decade, maintaining close connections with the Russian Intelligence Services."

Giuliani also met in Kyiv with Andriy Telizhenko, another known Russian agent.

Even money?
I couldn't find the '50-50' statement in the body of the article. But if he said something so stupid, that's even less reason to believe him, not that there's much reason to begin with.

I couldn't find the '50-50' statement in the body of the article. But if he said something so stupid, that's even less reason to believe him, not that there's much reason to begin with.

About 3/4 down. Last sentence.

”Sure, the U.S. Treasury Department may have declared one of his former associates—Ukrainian parliamentarian Andrii Derkach, who worked with Giuliani on his hunt for dirt on the Bidens—to be an “active Russian agent.” But that’s some Deep State talk, he added. “The chance that Derkach is a Russian spy is no better than 50/50.”

About 3/4 down. Last sentence.

”Sure, the U.S. Treasury Department may have declared one of his former associates—Ukrainian parliamentarian Andrii Derkach, who worked with Giuliani on his hunt for dirt on the Bidens—to be an “active Russian agent.” But that’s some Deep State talk, he added. “The chance that Derkach is a Russian spy is no better than 50/50.”
Thanks. Well, he said it best. I guess we can now dismiss this thing.

Even money?
Rudy is garbage. Amazing how many dupes and rubes out there believe his latest disinfo attempt.

When it comes to government and politicians, I don't care where information came from. I care if it is the truth and what that truth means.

It is well understood that Joe Biden ordered Democrats not to ever accept any facts, so facts literally and openly are the declared enemy of the Democratic Party. Therefore, exposing facts must be a criminal offense.

Rudy is garbage. Amazing how many dupes and rubes out there believe his latest disinfo attempt.
They believe what they want to believe. They're willing stooges. I figure they'll die in poverty at the rate they're going. A Republican and his money are soon parted. Just ask Rush.

A concern as to whether Giulliani was used as a conduit for Russian intelligence efforts is certainly worthwhile to investigate..
It is also worthwhile to point out that Biden doesn't dispute the basic accuracy of the story, or that the story is itself is supported by events we already know aretrue.

It of course also must be pointed out to all those on this thread who say that the story must be dismissed because there is a possibility that it was supplied by Russians:
We now know that the Mr. Steele received his information from a man whom was suspected by the FBI of being a Russian agent.
And we all know how that document was used by the Obama Admin in court and in intelligence assessments. And how it was used by many in political arguments.
On other words, those living in glass houses...

Rudy Colludey is the gift that keeps on giving...

It's a mystery to me that people as dumb as Rudy, and his client, can be such effective criminals. It really demonstrates the pay-to-play American justice system that they aren't both behind bars.

I was apprehensive about the decision to add Giuliani to the Trump reality show, but he's been pure gold. "...50/50 chance..." Man, you can't write this stuff!

It's a mystery to me that people as dumb as Rudy, and his client, can be such effective criminals. It really demonstrates the pay-to-play American justice system that they aren't both behind bars.

They're only "effective" because Donald Trump is literally in charge of investigating himself.

When it comes to government and politicians, I don't care where information came from. I care if it is the truth and what that truth means.

It is well understood that Joe Biden ordered Democrats not to ever accept any facts, so facts literally and openly are the declared enemy of the Democratic Party. Therefore, exposing facts must be a criminal offense.

Fever swamp drivel.

Weasel words are a sure sign of a weak or bogus argument. Evidence, please.

Even money?
America’s Mayor has become America’s joke. Quite a transformation.

Even money?

If Trump's followers truly wished to support the douche, they should have started by abolishing Giuliani from the scene. Trump owes his treason to Giuliani's idiocy.

Ukraine served two purposes: (1) Trump began to truly believe that Biden was corrupt and (2) exposing that corruption might help him win in 2020.

Thus, it was because of Giuliani's obsession with Ukraine that he pushed Trump to glorify the debunked conspiracy theory and moved to try to enlist Ukraine to interfere in the 2020 American election. Trump is either an unwitting fool, or a malicious traitor. Either way, the GOP authorized future Presidents to seek personal and political help from a foreign government.

This is just ridiculous. If you actually cared about the truth you wouldn't constantly spread malicious lies:

- It is not a widely understood fact that Biden ever told Democrats to never accept any facts. That is stupid. Especially considering that it is routinely the Right that has no interest in scientific facts or evidence. You are right now pretending that Trump has a case for his re-election, despite even judges, Republicans, and bi-partisan election officials declaring that there is no evidence.

- Exposing facts is a personal offense for conservatives. This is why they double down whenever Trump hands them a scandal to defend; and why, at all costs, the delusions must be preserved, using FOX News and other malicious propaganda sources as comfort. Still looking for the "truth" about birth certificates, pizza gate, those millions of illegal voters in 2016, and other such "facts?"

You have proven over and over to be a victim of right-wing propaganda. And you show no signs of wanting to be anything more.

Trump supporters are not patriots. Don't play into that delusion.
That's why I put the word in Quotes. They are the furthest thing from a patriot at this time.

So constructing an actual response was too difficult for you?

Is understanding my rebuttal to difficult for you?

Your rebuttal falls into the 'incompetent' file, to wit:

Incompetent rebuttals are arguments where the salient premise is based on: [highlighted pertains to your comment]
non arguments, a non argument isn't really debatable or they are not worthy of debate owing to any of the following types noting the fact they all have one thing in common--they lack sufficient dignity worthy of a response, they come in many different flavors, especially those which contain vacuous declarations and/or allegations (which cannot be substantiated, i.e., 'making stuff up'), rebuttals rife with weasel words ( improper use of generalities such as 'some people are saying' 'everyone knows' 'well-established fact'.) ad hominems, loaded terms & phrases,, off topic/irrelevant deflections, sentiments (words that reveal emotional attitude devoid of fact, logic and reason) off point arguments/deflections (off point is a sibling to off topic, where off topic is attempting to highjack the thread. It's done a lot in internet forums, and if the person to whom you directed the topic change accepts it, then you're off into a new direction, but, as such, of course, doesn't refute the original premise offered), egregious strawman arguments, egregious cynicism, off-the-charts ill-logic, 'kill the messenger" tactics, i.e., attacking the person presenting the argument rather than the argument, itself ( the only time kill the messenger is valid is for a well-established discredited source, such as Alex Jones, David Duke, etc, ), childish remarks, trivialising your opponent's argument -- cheap shot, childish or sophomoric comments/logic arising from ignorance (for example, NYTimes is a 'radical leftist rag' -- that's a remark born out of ignorance, it's also an 'kill the messenger' tactic) and then there is the classic thought-terminating cliché; these are cult-tropes, born out of groups who have a demagogue leader who is the master of implanting them in his flock. See, the demagogue doesn't like dissent, so when anyone challenges someone in his flock, he, being a master mind manipulator, will have planted a number of thought-terminating clichés into the minds of his subjects ( via repetition) so they will toss it up to the opponent in an attempt to kill the conversation ( wrongfully thinking it improves their argument ) so TTCs are simple terms catch phrases or words whose sole purpose is, to kill the conversation, such as 'TDS' "NeverTrumper" "Leftist Loony" (noting that the terms are not necessarily devised by the demagogue himself, they could be created by other believers, or have already been around and adopted by and they catch on with the group ) etc., pithy aphorisms assumed to be always true ( aphorisms exist because empirical observations tend to be true, but cannot be used as the salient premise to refute an argument as they are not, nor cannot be, absolute), last, but not least, and a significant debate sin, is posturing; posturing type comments, come in two basic categories, one is where you flaunt, i.e, for example, your military service, but of course if the argument can be improved by your qualifications of expertise in a field, that is okay, what I mean is something like 'I served while you were dodging the draft" whereupon your service doesn't improve your argument about whether dodging the draft was moral, or not, or flaunting your education, or authority of some kind, unless it's pertinent to the argument, and the other type of posturing are those comments which are motivated by puffing oneself up, and this is done by shaming, belittling, mocking, patronizing, 'mansplaining', flaming, where one talks down to ones opponent in order to puff oneself up

Back
Top Bottom