• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rubio 2013: I can’t imagine a Republican president undoing Obama executive amnesty

Bigfoot 88

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Rubio 2013: I can

“Here’s my big worry,” Rubio told me during an interview while the bill was making its way through the Senate. “I fear that if this thing fails, the president will basically say to anyone in the U.S. who has been here more than three years, who has not committed a serious crime…he’ll say, ‘We’ll do for you what we did for the DREAM kids.’ And the problem with that will be you will have 10 million people legalized in the United States by executive order, so that when there is a new president, if it is a conservative, a Republican, one of the first decisions they will have to make is whether to yank that status from those people and deport them. I cannot imagine a scenario where a future president is going to take away the status they’re going to get. I believe it’s what [Obama] will do. Maybe not all 10 million, but he’ll do it for six million.”

If this gets out, he's probably toast.

Re: Rubio 2013: I can’t imagine a Republican president undoing Obama executive amnest

Oh please. He's Hispanic. He can say whatever he wants about race and not worry about being called racist then he can go back to pretending to be white with his rich country club pals. I know Hispanic guys at work who will sit there and rant with Bubba Gump about blacks and welfare and anti abortion stuff then you'll get word that him and Bubba aren't good anymore because He decided Bubba was racist.

Pffft.

Btw no Liberal president is going to give 6 million citizenship but leave out the other 6 million. If they grant amnesty they'll give all 12 million it. Can you imagine the Liberal orgasmic scream-session if Obama or any leftist president only granted half the illegals citizenship but not all 12 million? In a sense that would be an even greater outrage to such fanatics.

Last edited:
Re: Rubio 2013: I can’t imagine a Republican president undoing Obama executive amnest

The DAR's learned to deal with immigrants, as did the Indians. Let's see how we do.

I seriously doubt it. Romney supported abortion, cap and trade, signed this nations first assault weapons ban into law at the state level and other anti-2nd amendment laws, appointed homosexual and liberal judges, supported civil unions and the predecessor to Obama care. Then when he decided he wanted to be president he did a complete 180 and won the republican nomination. This was despite calling John Kerry a flip flopper in 2004 elections. So I seriously doubt this will deter Rubio's supporters.

Last edited:

The DAR's learned to deal with immigrants, as did the Indians. Let's see how we do.

I am not sure bringing up the Indians in regard to immigration helps your case seeing how they now constitute 2% of the population and live on reservations. If anything they serve as example of why you should control immigration.

I am not sure bringing up the Indians in regard to immigration helps your case seeing how they now constitute 2% of the population and live on reservations. If anything they serve as example of why you should control immigration.

Which case?

Which case?

How the indians learned to deal with immigrants.

How the indians learned to deal with immigrants.

I think the Indians' plight shows quite nicely how silly it is to oppose the immigrants, at least the wrong ones. ;)

Remember the GOP's claim that if they got control of congress they would repeal Obamacare? How many of you actually believed them?

Remember the GOP's claim that if they got control of congress they would repeal Obamacare? How many of you actually believed them?

I didn't. I don't believe anything the majority of the GOP or Dems say. Why should we?

Yeah. If there is one thing that really screws Rubio's chances, it's a great mitigator of claims that he was soft on immigration by pointing to the fact that he was, in fact, prescient about it.

I think the Indians' plight shows quite nicely how silly it is to oppose the immigrants, at least the wrong ones. ;)

Because they did not control immigration most of their people were wiped out, their descendants constitute 2% of the population and live on reservations. If anything they are a cautionary tale to anyone who thinks lax immigration standards are a good idea.

Because they did not control immigration most of their people were wiped out, their descendants constitute 2% of the population and live on reservations. If anything they are a cautionary tale to anyone who thinks lax immigration standards are a good idea.

Lax or the wrong ones. Without immigration the DARs would not have much of a nation to run. ;)

I asked that poll question 5 years ago_Only 16 DP member were gullible enough to believe they would.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls...ity-they-repeal-obama-health-care-reform.html

The problem with social programs is that the recipients get used to them and have too many votes to take it away again. We have known for ever that social security was badly constructed and could not be sustained. But we still have it.

I asked that poll question 5 years ago_Only 16 DP member were gullible enough to believe they would.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls...ity-they-repeal-obama-health-care-reform.html

I dunno....I'm pretty pessimistic about politics in general, but considering the hype and how they were making it 99% of their agenda, I am a little surprised that they really little it fizzle away without even pretending to care to make an attempt to repeal. I mean...I know about grandstanding...but this was grandstanding on steroids. If I were a Republican I would feel a little betrayed.

I dunno....I'm pretty pessimistic about politics in general, but considering the hype and how they were making it 99% of their agenda, I am a little surprised that they really little it fizzle away without even pretending to care to make an attempt to repeal. I mean...I know about grandstanding...but this was grandstanding on steroids. If I were a Republican I would feel a little betrayed.

This seems to be a pattern of the republicans.Complain about some issues, do some bills on those issues that will be DOA in either the house or senate, win elections on those issues they campaigned about and once they have power do nothing. There was no reason for them to passed the cromnibus which basically made the the things the democrats cared about safe, then the passed a clean security bill without defending Obama's executive and then despite complaining about Eric Holder being a far leftist they basically confirm Eric Holder in a skirt named Loretta Lynch. Now despite saying they are against amnesty for illegals they are trying to prop up another Bush.

It's generic statements like this that amaze me the most. You do realize that granting amnesty for 10-25 million people who came here ilegally will cause a huge rush of additional 'immigrants'. You do realize that we aren't living in the year 1949 right? You do realize that the industrial revolution that demanded immigrants is long gone? You do realize that we DONT have jobs for millions of our own people because of outsourcing that has caused huge unemployment and dependency on welfare and food stamps at an all time high? Did you simply miss all of that?

It's generic statements like this that amaze me the most. You do realize that granting amnesty for 10-25 million people who came here ilegally will cause a huge rush of additional 'immigrants'. You do realize that we aren't living in the year 1949 right? You do realize that the industrial revolution that demanded immigrants is long gone? You do realize that we DONT have jobs for millions of our own people because of outsourcing that has caused huge unemployment and dependency on welfare and food stamps at an all time high? Did you simply miss all of that?

Oh, I realize all that. It is the kind of problem for which there is no easy answer.
But, is it better to export the jobs to India or have them done here? If you want them done here, it means lower wages here and more people to woman the machines.
In any event, we are going to have to change a lot of our social infrastructure.

Back
Top Bottom