• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ron Paul Warns Of Dollar Collapse

He is an outsider looking in to something with which he has biased information and no experience. You won't get an argument that the federal government is the biggest impediment to the American way of life. I believe that unequivocably.

I'm not anti American, but I see many of the same things tovarish does. I can pretend these things don't exist or are not happening or delude myself so I'll feel good or I can make noise about what I see and hope to generate some movement for change. I think Corporatism controlling the Federal gov't is our biggest impediment to the American way of life. The US is blessed with natural resources, good farmland, hard workers, nice people, weasels for politicians and a truly large sewer within the I-295 Beltway.

If we have a total economic collapse, the only metals that will be "priceless precious metals" are lead and cold steel.

Reminds me of a quote I like, Hunter S Thomson I believe.

"You don't really own anything you can't carry on your back at a dead run."

I'm not anti American, but I see many of the same things tovarish does. I can pretend these things don't exist or are not happening or delude myself so I'll feel good or I can make noise about what I see and hope to generate some movement for change. I think Corporatism controlling the Federal gov't is our biggest impediment to the American way of life. The US is blessed with natural resources, good farmland, hard workers, nice people, weasels for politicians and a truly large sewer within the I-295 Beltway.

He doesn't see the positive things that you and I see and experience personally. He gets the one sided anti American information feed. Truthfully, I believe that if the government would leave us alone and stay out of economics and manage itself responsibly, we would recover in reasonable time from this lousy economy. I think if we can create the incentive to bring manufacturing back home we can solidify a great economy.

I've given up any hope of reforming government. The voters won't allow it to happen. I think all that's left is to adapt to whatever it does.

America is dead. Although still twitches in convulsion. (Trying to prove to the world that it of life.) Soon begins to decompose and the smell of rotting even naive fools will understand who is who. And you're right - it's ridiculous.

LOL !!

Well comrade, you guys should be on your way over with a few dozen FoxBatt's, a case of vodka and your ugliest women.

Yes, it looks like the idiots out voted the Freedom Loving intelligent Americans in the last two elections. People that bought into the corrupt ideology of the left and well, I guess we'll continue to struggle.

Something tells me your'e a Obama supporter from afar....Your inane ignorant rants sure sound like something that would come from a Obama supporter.

But IF America was dead, ( and you stupidly base this on ONE AMERICAN CITIES BANKRUPTCY ) then the economies of the greater part of Indo-China, Hong Kong, Japan and well CHINA, would be dead with it...but they're not.

( Hint : because I think you need one ) We're their CONSUMERS...

Because for every Detroit there are 10 Houston's, multiple American cities and States who have rejected the retardation from the Obama administration and continue to grow.

Your'e ignorance of fundamental monetary policy notwithstanding, America will be just fine. You see even stupid Americans want jobs, money, opportunity and a future, which is why the sentiments of your average voter tend to change after a few years under Democrats.

LOL !!

Well comrade, you guys should be on your way over with a few dozen FoxBatt's, a case of vodka and your ugliest women.

Yes, it looks like the idiots out voted the Freedom Loving intelligent Americans in the last two elections. People that bought into the corrupt ideology of the left and well, I guess we'll continue to struggle.

Something tells me your'e a Obama supporter from afar....Your inane ignorant rants sure sound like something that would come from a Obama supporter.

But IF America was dead, ( and you stupidly base this on ONE AMERICAN CITIES BANKRUPTCY ) then the economies of the greater part of Indo-China, Hong Kong, Japan and well CHINA, would be dead with it...but they're not.

( Hint : because I think you need one ) We're their CONSUMERS...

Because for every Detroit there are 10 Houston's, multiple American cities and States who have rejected the retardation from the Obama administration and continue to grow.

Your'e ignorance of fundamental monetary policy notwithstanding, America will be just fine. You see even stupid Americans want jobs, money, opportunity and a future, which is why the sentiments of your average voter tend to change after a few years under Democrats.

*laughs* "We are best, we are the best, we are super, super best ...." Continue to believe. (By the way - the claim is not for me. Claims against Ron Paul)

Hmmm... holding gold in my hand right now... seems pretty real to me.

Gold futures are fiat. Paper trades of gold are fiat. In fact, there are many many times more paper gold than physical gold on the planet. However, if you already have possession of physical gold, the inflated market supply is not really a concern.

The so-called value of physical gold is just as arbitrary as the value of a piece of paper with a number on it.

Its value is what we say it is, and it only stays that way as long as people keep believing it. The actual material uses of gold would not place it anywhere remotely near the current market price. It's priced higher because it's shiny.

The so-called value of physical gold is just as arbitrary as the value of a piece of paper with a number on it.

Its value is what we say it is, and it only stays that way as long as people keep believing it. The actual material uses of gold would not place it anywhere remotely near the current market price. It's priced higher because it's shiny.

I guess that's why platinum and palladium are so high too...

It's priced higher because it's shiny? I can't decide if you're talking down to me or if your reading level is coloring books...

Can you fill a tooth with paper?
Can you make critical electrical connections with paper? It doesn't corrode/oxydize... it stays shiny
Can you make jewelry that makes a your love shine with paper?

Gold is a useful commodity. It's a limited, finite supply. THAT is why it is "priced higher"
Pieces of paper, at least the ones we have now... have negative value. It is debt, not wealth.

Going back 3000 years, and in every age since... you could trade an ounce of gold for roughly the same goods. Back then, a fine toga, hand made belt, fine pair of shoes... same is true now, fine suit, handmade belt, fine shoes. Doesn't seem so arbitrary to me.

With paper money, in just a hundred years... bread went from a $.05 to $3.00 a loaf.

If a gov't or economy collapses, your paper is worthless, gold retains it's value.

Sorry... but you're dead wrong.

*laughs* "We are best, we are the best, we
are super, super best ...." Continue to believe. (By the way - the claim is not for me. Claims against Ron Paul)

Well we ARE the best and even with a incompetent President and a growing contingent of idiots.

Lets see what is the Russian claim to fame ? Sputnik ? Chernobyl ? Czar Bomba ?

Sorry, put men on the moon 6 times and return them safely and we'll talk.

The US started going down hill when our politicians started catering to the lowest common denominator and targeted the Productive Americans to pay for it.

Former congressman says that precious metals will literally become priceless. “As long as we have excessive spending, and excessive computerized money, we are going to see gold go up,” Paul urged, noting that as the value of the dollar is destroyed, everything measured against dollars will increase in value. “If you look at the record of the value of the dollar since the Fed's been in existence, we have about a 2-cent dollar. And gold used to be $20 an ounce. So I'd say the record is rather clear on the side of commodity money.” Paul said. “Six thousand years of history shows that gold always retains value,” Paul added, “and paper always self-destructs.”» Ron Paul: Dollar Will Collapse, Gold Will “Go To Infinity” Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

I hope so. Do you realize how fast foreign outsourcing will get stopped, dead, by such an event?

Oh and then also, no money to fund the police who protect the Plutocrats, either.

It's priced higher because it's shiny? I can't decide if you're talking down to me or if your reading level is coloring books...

Can you make critical electrical connections with paper? It doesn't corrode/oxydize... it stays shiny

Gold is a useful commodity. It's a limited, finite supply. THAT is why it is "priced higher"
Pieces of paper, at least the ones we have now... have negative value. It is debt, not wealth.

Going back 3000 years, and in every age since... you could trade an ounce of gold for roughly the same goods. Back then, a fine toga, hand made belt, fine pair of shoes... same is true now, fine suit, handmade belt, fine shoes. Doesn't seem so arbitrary to me.

With paper money, in just a hundred years... bread went from a $.05 to $3.00 a loaf.

If a gov't or economy collapses, your paper is worthless, gold retains it's value.

You cannot eat gold.

My zucchini and cows beat your gold, in the scenario you're talking about.

You cannot eat gold.My zucchini and cows beat your gold, in the scenario you're talking about.
They are talking about a doomsday collapse. Without government, your zucchini and cows simply belong to someone with gold and/or guns (assuming gold may be used to buy or hire guns), so the story goes.

Well we ARE the best and even with a incompetent President and a growing contingent of idiots.

Lets see what is the Russian claim to fame ? Sputnik ? Chernobyl ? Czar Bomba ?

Sorry, put men on the moon 6 times and return them safely and we'll talk.

The US started going down hill when our politicians started catering to the lowest common denominator and targeted the Productive Americans to pay for it.

U.S. has no equal in the genocide - it's true. The rest ..... For example - space. Rossiya - the first satellite, the first animal in space, the first man in space, the first spacewalk, the first woman in space, the first planetary rover on the moon, first space station ..... Tired list. United States - the first man on the moon. "We are the best." - * Laughs * By the way. Whose missiles the rockets deliver U.S. astronauts to the international space station? And so in all.

U.S. has no equal in the genocide - it's true. The rest ..... For
example - space. Rossiya - the first satellite, the first animal in space, the first man in space, the first spacewalk, the first woman in space, the first planetary rover on the moon, first space station ..... Tired list. United States - the first man on the moon. "We are the best." - * Laughs * By the way. Whose missiles the rockets deliver U.S. astronauts to the international space station? And so in all.

The Great Purge Called, they want their millions of Russian citizens back.

You people put a monkey in space ? So what.

Land on the Moon Six Times and Return and you'll have something to brag about.

Or you could have one of your Russian pilots fly a Steel Plane into our airspace so we can make fun of it.

And your missiles ? Trust me, our Astronauts are not excited about sitting on a missile designed by a Country who came up with Chernobyl.

You cannot eat gold.

My zucchini and cows beat your gold, in the scenario you're talking about.

Yes, because you couldn't possibly have BOTH..... ROFLMAO....

Just how many zucchinis do you think it will take to fix your car/tractor, trade for a solar array, provide medical care for your children?

Or you could have one of your Russian pilots fly a Steel Plane into our airspace so we can make fun of it.

And your missiles ? Trust me, our Astronauts are not excited about sitting on a missile designed by a Country who came up with Chernobyl.

Actually, if comparing apples to apples, the russian rockets are far more reliable and have killed far fewer.

Actually, if comparing apples to apples, the russian rockets are far more reliable and have killed far fewer.

*Sigh*.... With over a HUNDRED and THIRTY Successful Shuttle Launches we had ONE failure due to the failure of Solid rocket booster O-Ring and the other failure was due to left wing leading edge damage caused by loose foam on launch.

The one Apollo failure that cost lives never left the launch pad.

The United States Space Program is and has always been levels above the Russians and I would put my faith in US Tech any-day over Ruskie Tech if my life was on the line.

I knew a old Chinese man when Challenger was being launched and he told me and a couple of other of his students weeks before the Challenger Disaster that that shuttle would fail. He said " Challenger " was a foolish name and that if we were intent on " Challenging the sky" that the sky would eventually win.

I dismissed it as some hokie prediction but sure enough..

We all received German rocket scientist after WWII, only the US made any real contribution to space fight. The Russians got the jump and then trailed behind for the next 60 years.

*Sigh*.... With over a HUNDRED and THIRTY Successful Shuttle Launches we had ONE failure due to the failure of Solid rocket booster O-Ring and the other failure was due to left wing leading edge damage caused by loose foam on launch.

The one Apollo failure that cost lives never left the launch pad.

The United States Space Program is and has always been levels above the Russians and I would put my faith in US Tech any-day over Ruskie Tech if my life was on the line.

I knew a old Chinese man when Challenger was being launched and he told me and a couple of other of his students weeks before the Challenger Disaster that that shuttle would fail. He said " Challenger " was a foolish name and that if we were intent on " Challenging the sky" that the sky would eventually win.

I dismissed it as some hokie prediction but sure enough..

We all received German rocket scientist after WWII, only the US made any real contribution to space fight. The Russians got the jump and then trailed behind for the next 60 years.

Look, I appreciate your "GO AMERICA" team spirit, but if you have to marginalize accomplishments in order to make your "win" a bigger deal than it already is... that's a very poor sport.

It could be said that while we were grandstanding on the moon, the russians just got down to practical science... and built a space station. Where are we now? In low earth orbit relying on Russians to operate a space station. So... who was lagging whom? The moon landings and the space shuttle were great programs. Amazing... But space is about science and engineering, and no one has more time, experience and data on humans in space than the Russians. It's not as glitzy... but an incredibly important contribution. Almost all the data we have about extended durations in space come from russian programs.

Look, I appreciate your "GO AMERICA" team spirit, but if you have to marginalize accomplishments in order to make your "win" a bigger deal than it already is... that's a very poor sport.

It could be said that while we were grandstanding on the moon, the russians just got down to practical science... and built a space station. Where are we now? In low earth orbit relying on Russians to operate a space station. So... who was lagging whom? The moon landings and the space shuttle were great programs. Amazing... But space is about science and engineering, and no one has more time, experience and data on humans in space than the Russians. It's not as glitzy... but an incredibly important contribution. Almost all the data we have about extended durations in space come from russian programs.

You think ?? LOL !!!

Oh no there was NO engineering and science that wen't into the moon landings oh no....And we learned nothing from it did we, nor did we learn anything from the launch of the Hubble Telescope, or the Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite that helps predict weather patterns or Cassini Mission which just a couple of years ago sent back pictures and data on Saturn's moons.

No no no we did not get any scientific information from the Mars Exploration initiative. No, it took ZERO "engineering and science " capabilities to send multiple rovers successfully to mars, entering another planets atmosphere, landing them and then remote controlling from 50 million miles away. No that was a breeze dude.

The Chandra X-ray Observatory, no that was just a fluke, luck luck luck. I think we just built a rocket that looked liked one of Wile-E-Coyotes ACME specials and arbitrarily sent it up into the horizon with our fingers crossed.

Pioneer 10 ? Pffffftt......child's play. I HEAR we just wen't into Mother Russia, stole their Jupiter Craft which I hear THEY named " The Flaming Turnip " and brought it home and launched it from a huge " Trebuchet ". Yea we couldn't even build our own catapult, had to steal one from the Frenchie's.

The 135 Space Shuttle Missions ? I hear theY were all faked. The explosions too. Whats the old movie were all of the moon landings were faked and we sent up a Rocket and it exploded ? So the Gubment basically killed off the Astronauts because of-course they couldn't take a chance on being seen and exposing the whole Conspiracy, but one Astronaut outran the Gubment and made it to his Funeral ????

Any way that's what happened with all of our Shuttle Launches....since of-course we didn't have the " Engineering" capability OR the " Science " capability to actually accomplish all of that.

Did you know the shuttle glides ? Yep, coming out of orbit at 17 thousand miles an hour and the Captain Dead stick lands the thing every time on a spot on a runway. No powered flight, he gets ONE CHANCE.

And I'm not trying to be all Team America but some Ruskie has gone off on some twisted tangent about the imminent failure of our Country by stupidly posting a video about Detroit, and has attempted to mitigate this Countries past accomplishments. I know he's just your average left wing low information individual speaking the Universal language of hyperbole followed up with platitudes and misinformation, but still I need to correct him.

Starting in 1966, we flew SR-71 Blackbirds over that clowns Country absolutely unopposed.

They had no missile, no plane and no answer other than building inflatable mock military installments . We've always have technological superiority of the Russians and we always will.

You think ?? LOL !!!

Oh no there was NO engineering and science that wen't into the moon landings oh no....And we learned nothing from it did we, nor did we learn anything from the launch of the Hubble Telescope, or the Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite that helps predict weather patterns or Cassini Mission which just a couple of years ago sent back pictures and data on Saturn's moons.

Just stop. I was very clear that those programs were awesome! I also stated that we won the space race. So your indignation is misplaced.

I didn't bother reading the rest... You provide no new info I wasn't aware of before, nor am I in disagreement. My only comment was that it's ridiculous to say the Russians contributed nothing. Capiche?

*laughs* You forgot to add - bruce willis save the earth from the asteroid. Proud of? A rocket. What would have been - but others not.( By the way, whose engines are tied for the American missiles?) * laughs *. About Chernobyl can not say who built the nuclear power plant "Fukushima". The weak you have arguments. Prompt? In Russia, most recently was a civil war. The economy was dead. The people were very poor .... and of course - drunk bears and bloody KGB. Long time did not laugh.

*laughs* You forgot to add - bruce willis save the earth from the asteroid. Proud of? A rocket. What would have been - but others not.( By the way, whose engines are tied for the American missiles?) * laughs *. About Chernobyl can not say who built the nuclear power plant "Fukushima". The weak you have arguments. Prompt? In Russia, most recently was a civil war. The economy was dead. The people were very poor .... and of course - drunk bears and bloody KGB. Long time did not laugh.

Bruce Willis on an Asteroid was a Hollywood Movie. It was FICTION.......Hate to break it to you but he's alive and well and NOT catapulting through space due to the thermonuclear explosion that split that Asteroid in half.

And this...... " By the way, whose engines are tied for the American missiles? " WTH ?? Did you type out a sentence in Cyrillic script and the run it through Babblefish ?

So what next Comrade ? A Yakov Smirrnoff joke ? "In America, you can always find a party. In Soviet Russia, The Party can always find you!" ....no thanks, you can keep it.

So, what you're telling me is that the fact that gold makes shiny jewelry doesn't inflate the price? Ok chief.

How many electronic devices did the Greeks use gold in, again? How prevalent was dentistry?

Bruce Willis on an Asteroid was a Hollywood Movie. It was FICTION.......Hate to break it to you but he's alive and well and NOT catapulting through space due to the thermonuclear explosion that split that Asteroid in half.

And this...... " By the way, whose engines are tied for the American missiles? " WTH ?? Did you type out a sentence in Cyrillic script and the run it through Babblefish ?

So what next Comrade ? A Yakov Smirrnoff joke ? "In America, you can always find a party. In Soviet Russia, The Party can always find you!" ....no thanks, you can keep it.

g484u4gn.jpg

You really do not know about that in American missiles - Russian engine? * laughs * You live on a desert island? See the photo. RD-180 engine made ​​by NPO "Energomash." Lockheed Martin provides delivery 101 engine to the U.S. for U.S. missiles. This is only one contract.
About the jokes. It is outdated. Now the U.S. government is listening, spying and reading personal e-mail of its citizens. And spits on Amendment 4. And "patriots" chew snot. * laughs *
And yet, my friend, tell me - who built the "Fukushima"? And wherefore, you're concerned about the Ukrainian "Chernobyl"?

So, what you're telling me is that the fact that gold makes shiny jewelry doesn't inflate the price? Ok chief.

How many electronic devices did the Greeks use gold in, again? How prevalent was dentistry?

Answer the question... how many zucchinis will it take to get your tractor... or ox cart fixed?

Back in the day, when everything was earthen colored, no durable, transient... gold was literally magical... it didn't rust, tarnish, or loose it's luster.

You're quibbling and missing the point. Fiat currencies are DEBT NOT WEALTH. Commodities are REAL WEALTH. This is the point I'm trying to make.

Former congressman says that precious metals will literally become priceless. “As long as we have excessive spending, and excessive computerized money, we are going to see gold go up,” Paul urged, noting that as the value of the dollar is destroyed, everything measured against dollars will increase in value. “If you look at the record of the value of the dollar since the Fed's been in existence, we have about a 2-cent dollar. And gold used to be $20 an ounce. So I'd say the record is rather clear on the side of commodity money.” Paul said. “Six thousand years of history shows that gold always retains value,” Paul added, “and paper always self-destructs.”» Ron Paul: Dollar Will Collapse, Gold Will “Go To Infinity” Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

I think he is probably overstating. But we have been printing a lot of Dollars and borrowing more as though there were no tomorrow.
If you wanted to design calamity, hat would sure be a good recipe.

Back
Top Bottom