• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RoeVWade: New Democrat Stunt for November

No, but it does allow the justices four to six weeks to watch a sneak preview of the fallout of overturning Roe.
I've sinced evolved my opinion on the "why". I think someone wanted the draft released .I think there is wording in the draft that will not be in the final version. Something important that someone thought the public should know about in terms of this courts conservative thinking.

Reactions: lwf
I've sinced evolved my opinion on the "why". I think someone wanted the draft released .I think there is wording in the draft that will not be in the final version. Something important that someone thought the public should know about in terms of this courts conservative thinking.
Entirely plausible. The draft is also revealing vulnerabilities in the argument through crowd-sourced critique. Vulnerabilities that can later be shored up come ruling time. Either way, the justices are only benefitting from this leak. Whomever leaked it did them a favor, whether that was their intention or not. As you said, we'll see how the investigation goes.

Leave it to Republicans to think that as they finally achieve their decades-long goal of depriving women of the right to control their own bodies, the first time in our history the court has taken away a right it had previously affirmed, and re-affirmed, they are the real victim here because a draft of the decision was leaked.

Wow, Republicans like to shoot themselves in the foot.

I simply do not see the political advantage to either side of doing this.
Watch the turnout in November, look for a large turnout, especially younger women. This particular group turns out in low numbers in midterms.

Book mark this, a tsunami is coming, but not the one the GOP was predicting.

E
I don't see the bolded as a benefit anywhere near worth leaking the opinion, as this was already going to happen anyway when the actual decision was revealed in June. The early leak adds nothing to this particular benefit other than to make it start one month earlier than it otherwise would have.
Even the Righties here at DP know this is a game changer.

Yet they are crying over the leak, like it matters.

Watch the turnout in November, look for a large turnout, especially younger women. This particular group turns out in low numbers in midterms.

Assuming the final ruling matches the leaked draft. Perhaps if the waves get too rough, a certain Republican justice may just have a change of heart, trading Roe for the House and Senate.

That would have happened with the full release in 4 or 6 weeks anyway. This was going to happen anyhow. No, I think there is wording in that draft someone was worried wouldn't be in the final. Wording that tipped the hand on terms of what could be expected in future rulings.

That would have happened with the full release in 4 or 6 weeks anyway. This was going to happen anyhow. No, I think there is wording in that draft someone was worried wouldn't be in the final. Wording that tipped the hand on terms of what could be expected in future rulings.
That's possible. That might be motive enough to risk the leak from the liberal side.

Afraid? As sick as it is, the Dems could not have wished for anything better to run on in Nov.... Get ready for a LOT of uncomfortable races...
I am confident in my prediction. The House will probably still go to the GOP, but by a slim margin. Mitch can kiss the Senate Leader goodbye, I am quite sure.

That's possible. That might be motive enough to risk the leak from the liberal side.
Risk what?

It was coming anyway, in a few short weeks.

As for the leak, wtf kinda outfit is Robert's running?

Yes, unfortunately my thinking that it was to ensure that the public saw the language in the draft leads us to believe the leak came from the left. However, I am certain it was not justice because they get to write the dissenting opinion and can ensure the public understands the ruling.

I will be interested in the wording of the final. My bet is the wording saying abortion wasn't mentioned as a right in the Constitution, or words to that effect, will either not be there or greatly tempered. To leave it there suggests that the conservative judges are open to overturning same-sex marriage. Add that to the abortion issue and public reaction will be seismic.

Last edited:
Risk what?

It was coming anyway, in a few short weeks.

As for the leak, wtf kinda outfit is Robert's running?
Risk prosecution.

It's very obvious that Democrats have illegally leaked documents from the United States Supreme Court because they need a new stunt to stave off total disaster in the November elections.

With Democrat misgovernance and corruption having generated so much public anger and backlash against them, it's Democrats who are badly in need of stunts to save their political future.

So they're now pulling out all the stops. They're now rushing to play every card, in a desperate attempt to preserve their One Party State.

They're willing to provoke WW3 with Moscow, they're willing to misuse disease threats to lock down their opponents, they're willing to incessantly race-bait and foment race riots to set cities ablaze in order to intimidate the public, they're willing to nakedly tamper with the Supreme Court by falsely accusing nominees of rape and by nominating any puppet with the barest legal credentials, they're willing to destroy athletics for biological women, they're willing to destroy the very borders of the country.

In short, Democrats are willing to do anything and to go to any lengths in their all-out quest for power -- there's nothing they won't do. They're willing to destroy the country.

By illegally leaking US Supreme Court deliberations on Roe v. Wade , the Democrats have announced their new strategy for November.

Your premise is based on fake news. There is NO proof as to who leaked Alito's Supreme Court draft. After that your post continues on with a laundry list of unsubstantiated caca.

Troll thread.

You really can’t make this shit up​

w0t3k01iubx81.jpg

There is no individual right to privacy under our National constitution. So only the government and its institutions are allowed to withhold information and keep secrets from the public. 🙄

Your second sentence might be right. Lawrence O' Donnell predicted that a reference to some 17th century figure who condemned abortion will probably be eliminated, as he was a guy who suggested that witches be executed, not a good look in a decision that is taking women's rights away.

Back
Top Bottom