• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RoeVWade: New Democrat Stunt for November

It's very obvious that Democrats have illegally leaked documents from the United States Supreme Court because they need a new stunt to stave off total disaster in the November elections.

With Democrat misgovernance and corruption having generated so much public anger and backlash against them, it's Democrats who are badly in need of stunts to save their political future.

So they're now pulling out all the stops. They're now rushing to play every card, in a desperate attempt to preserve their One Party State.

They're willing to provoke WW3 with Moscow, they're willing to misuse disease threats to lock down their opponents, they're willing to incessantly race-bait and foment race riots to set cities ablaze in order to intimidate the public, they're willing to nakedly tamper with the Supreme Court by falsely accusing nominees of rape and by nominating any puppet with the barest legal credentials, they're willing to destroy athletics for biological women, they're willing to destroy the very borders of the country.

In short, Democrats are willing to do anything and to go to any lengths in their all-out quest for power -- there's nothing they won't do. They're willing to destroy the country.

By illegally leaking US Supreme Court deliberations on Roe v. Wade , the Democrats have announced their new strategy for November.
The decision was due in June anyway. The political blowback is going to cost the Republicans dearly in November. I am usually correct on these matters.

It may cost the GOP regaining the House.

The slim chance Mitch had at being at the helm is probably gone now. The Senate will stay with the Dems, probably gaining 2 seats.

The midterms are no longer a referendum on President Biden.

Everything has a price, time to pay

Who's forcing SCOTUS to overturn Roe in an election year?
Every other year is an election year, man. The judiciary are an independent branch of govt, with their own processes and procedures, and their own timetables which are totally independent of the other branches.

Leave it to Republicans to think that as they finally achieve their decades-long goal of depriving women of the right to control their own bodies, the first time in our history the court has taken away a right it had previously affirmed, and re-affirmed, they are the real victim here because a draft of the decision was leaked.

I love a good conspiracy theory. This is about the dumbest one ever.

Democrats have done this to change the narrative:

Who's forcing SCOTUS to overturn Roe in an election year?

The decision was due in June anyway. The political blowback is going to cost the Republicans dearly in November. I am usually correct on these matters.

It may cost the GOP regaining the House.

The slim chance Mitch had at being at the helm is probably gone now. The Senate will stay with the Dems, probably gaining 2 seats.

The midterms are no longer a referendum on President Biden.

Everything has a price, time to pay
mark my words .. if the dems were smart, they would use this leak as a opportunity to enact a law preserving abortion. Roe V wade becomes irrelevant and they can run on "we saved your rights from those evil conservative judges."

it is possible they could get the votes using opinion leverage to do it.

I would be highly surprised if this was not attempted in the next few days or so. I cannot for the life of me not see this leak as a political ploy.

which makes the leak all the more dastardly.

Nah, this allows Dems to start canvassing for funds to fight for November. Otherwise, they'd be hard-pressed to get more support from a public exasperated with their bad governance.

Afraid? As sick as it is, the Dems could not have wished for anything better to run on in Nov.... Get ready for a LOT of uncomfortable races...

It's very obvious that Democrats have illegally leaked documents from the United States Supreme Court because they need a new stunt to stave off total disaster in the November elections.

With Democrat misgovernance and corruption having generated so much public anger and backlash against them, it's Democrats who are badly in need of stunts to save their political future.

So they're now pulling out all the stops. They're now rushing to play every card, in a desperate attempt to preserve their One Party State.

They're willing to provoke WW3 with Moscow, they're willing to misuse disease threats to lock down their opponents, they're willing to incessantly race-bait and foment race riots to set cities ablaze in order to intimidate the public, they're willing to nakedly tamper with the Supreme Court by falsely accusing nominees of rape and by nominating any puppet with the barest legal credentials, they're willing to destroy athletics for biological women, they're willing to destroy the very borders of the country.

In short, Democrats are willing to do anything and to go to any lengths in their all-out quest for power -- there's nothing they won't do. They're willing to destroy the country.

By illegally leaking US Supreme Court deliberations on Roe v. Wade , the Democrats have announced their new strategy for November.
Its not at all obvious and CJ Roberts own released statement more suggests that it is somebody associated with the Majority Opinion that has released it.

mark my words .. if the dems were smart, they would use this leak as a opportunity to enact a law preserving abortion. Roe V wade becomes irrelevant and they can run on "we saved your rights from those evil conservative judges."

it is possible they could get the votes using voter opinion leverage to do it.

I would be highly surprised if this was not attempted in the next few days or so. I cannot for the life of me not see this leak as a political ploy.

which makes the leak all the more dastardly.

You must not be familiar with the Women's Health Protection Act of 2021... Passed in the house, shot down in the Senate... You can bet the senate is going to put this to a vote before the November elections... Collins, Murkowski, etc. can put their vote where their mouths are... No more talk...

You must not be familiar with the Women's Health Protection Act of 2021... Passed in the house, shot down in the Senate... You can bet the senate is going to put this to a vote before the November elections... Collins, Murkowski, etc. can put their vote where their mouths are... No more talk...

so there you go, the tail wagging the dog.

good job.

Democrats have done this to change the narrative:

How does leaking a draft of a SC decision a little bit early change the narrative? What benefit do Democrats get from this? They would have been politically better off waiting until it was officially overturned and riding the wave of outrage through election season.

The decision was set to be official in june......before the mid terms

Duh!

Something isn't making sense to me about this leak.....actually nothing about this leak is making sense to me.

Something isn't making sense to me about this leak.....actually nothing about this leak is making sense to me.
Well, what has you puzzled?

- Please share the evidence that is was a Democrat that leaked the document.

If not this is just another speculation thread.

In short, your post has many flaws in logic and evidence. Your opinion is noted.
WW3 provoking
misuse of a disease
race bait.
etc.

Not one bit of evidence.

I simply do not see the political advantage to either side of doing this.
The mere fact that this was leaked indicates that someone saw it as a political advantage for some side. The question can only be really answered when the perp is revealed. Who did he/she clerk for? I can see the advantage from both sides. For the left it motivates those who might have been going to sit out the Midterms. It provides an issue for the left to campaign on.

For the right, as @lwf pointed out, it gets this issue out well ahead of the Midterms allowing the dust to settle down sooner. Which might lead to less voter turnout for the democrats. The dems need a wedge issue to run on because their policies are hurting them even among democrats.

@lwf makes a good argument here.

Post in thread 'Who leaked the Roe opinion?' https://debatepolitics.com/threads/who-leaked-the-roe-opinion.479861/post-1075853859

It caught my attention, but I wouldn't say I was convinced by it.
It's entirely possible that there was no larger agenda behind the leak at all other than personal anger at the decision. In that case, it might well have been a liberal clerk. If it was, they risked a lot and inadvertently benefited those who support the decision to overturn Roe more than they did those who are against overturning it.

Every other year is an election year, man. The judiciary are an independent branch of govt, with their own processes and procedures, and their own timetables which are totally independent of the other branches.
True

Its just terrible timing for the Conservatives

The mere fact that this was leaked indicates that someone saw it as a political advantage for some side. The question can only be really answered when the perp is revealed. Who did he/she clerk for? I can see the advantage from both sides. For the left it motivates those who might have been going to sit out the Midterms. It provides an issue for the left to campaign on.

For the right, as @lwf pointed out, it gets this issue out well ahead of the Midterms allowing the dust to settle down sooner. Which might lead to less voter turnout for the democrats. The dems need a wedge issue to run on because their policies are hurting them even among democrats.
I don't see the bolded as a benefit anywhere near worth leaking the opinion, as this was already going to happen anyway when the actual decision was revealed in June. The early leak adds nothing to this particular benefit other than to make it start one month earlier than it otherwise would have.

It's entirely possible that there was no larger agenda behind the leak at all other than personal anger at the decision. In that case, it might well have been a liberal clerk. If it was, they risked a lot and inadvertently benefited those who support the decision to overturn Roe more than they did those who are against overturning it.
If a clerk for the SC could so easily allow his/her emotions guide their decisions then I wonder why they chose a legal career in the first place. Lawyers are all about winning. That's probably why it's been said: "Hang all the lawyers!" Or something to that effect. :)

Reactions: lwf

I don't see four to six weeks as making much difference in terms of a political strategy. My gut tells me this is personal not political....but we will see.

I don't see four to six weeks as making much difference in terms of a political strategy. My gut tells me this is personal not political....but we will see.
We shall indeed.

Back
Top Bottom