• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ripping Children from Parents

How do you feel about that?

• F 'm; they're illegals

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • F the USA; this policy is evil

Votes: 42 60.9%
  • We take childrend from parents?

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Trump likes it; it's a good thing

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PRIVATE PRISON COMPANY GEO GROUP GAVE GENEROUSLY TO TRUMP AND NOW HAS LUCRATIVE CONTRACT

Within the Texas legislature, a controversial bill is pending. A private prisons company called the GEO Group has allegedly asked Republicans to submit a law that could lead to immigrant children being indefinitely detained in its lucrative centers.

At present, just 100 of its 830 beds are occupied, according to the Associated Press.

"After the Texas Department of Family Protective Services granted Karnes a license, advocates sued, saying that holding children in detention causes psychological and physical harm. A state judge ruled last year that family detention centers did not qualify for licenses.
Now legislators are considering easing requirements for child care facilities, but opponents say the bill would license the centers without improving conditions."

Seems like we're always eager to "ease requirements" when it comes to doing things like incarcerating people, but we're reluctant to "improve standards" when it comes to doing anything that lifts up anyone or protects them from harm.

Last edited:
So... no alternative interpretation of what Flores means? Of course not. Dishonest trolls like you won't actually contribute to the discussion. Because they just troll.

Good to see you finally admit that Flores is irrelevant to what Trump is doing.

Thanks for admitting you lied

We weren't cruel … before trump … unless you want to go back to dubya.

GOP is like that … yah they are.

Laura Bush has come out slamming the cruelty of the way this policy is enforced.

Laura Bush has come out slamming the cruelty of the way this policy is enforced.

I saw that, unusual for her; she usually plays her cards close.

Kids should not be locked up.

Pretty damned simple.

Yeah, screw the children. Who cares what happens to them as long we arrest the people crossing the border illegally. Let’s build a wall which in reality will not keep those who seek entry out. They will find a way as always.

I probably should have added an "/s" at the end of my statement. ;)

Do you have a clue what the **** you are talking about?

Gonzalez was reunited with his father.

But, of course Fox News did not tell you that part.

He was literally ripped from the arms of his father based on the immigration policies of the DEM. admin at that time.

This has been happening for about 6 weeks, since Trump and Session's "zero tolerance' policy was created.

It's a new policy.

Yet our country has been taking children from their parents all this time when they have crossed the border. This policy is nothing new and if people are going to get all bent out of shape about it. Then I want to ask them where they were for the last eight years.

I dont think so but if you want we can debate this across America and then in the halls of Congress where the laws get made, that which directs this society. But for now so long as Trump is following the law and so long as neither Congress or the courts dont tell him no you dont have a legit compliant. Also be aware that the debate can not take place tlll you are ready to listen.

I am a great deal more intelligent, reasonable and truthful. It is therefore you who should be the one listening.

TO ME!

Yet our country has been taking children from their parents all this time when they have crossed the border.

That's a lie.

This policy is nothing new and if people are going to get all bent out of shape about it. Then I want to ask them where they were for the last eight years.

Being more humane and reasonable.

I am a great deal more intelligent, reasonable and truthful. It is therefore you who should be the one listening.

TO ME!

Well, there you go again.

I am available for civil conversation if you should ever be ready for that.

Well, there you go again.

I am available for civil conversation if you should ever be ready for that.

I'm always ready for civil conversation. Let me know when you're ready to respect inciteful and reasonable points of view.

And Dems are using them as hostages to attack Trump.
Is twisted logic a habit, or is this an isolated occurance?
Dems have no moral standing on the issue.
Seems to me wanting to stop kids being taken away from parents is the moral approach. I guess that concept eludes you.
So your position is that non-enforcement of the law is a moral basis for policy?

You've asked a question with an assumed premise. It can't be answered without qualification. I'll go through the trouble of explaining it to you, if you are really interested, but my guess is that you are not, given the caliber of your comments, thus far.

Yeah, he is.

Trump intends to make his case that he has done the best he can with what he has, that he is good at this and that he is serious about fixing some of our many problems......now the voters need to send some people to Congress who are worth a damn, because he needs help.

Trump intends to make his case that he has done the best he can with what he has, that he is good at this and that he is serious about fixing some of our many problems......now the voters need to send some people to Congress who are worth a damn, because he needs help.

Trump certainly does need help... from a good psychiatrist.

Lol. That's the only case he can make. He's doomed. He is going to be viewed as one of the most pathetic characters in American history. Plays will be written. Songs will be sung.

Shakespeare would have had a field day. Ken Burns is no doubt already working on it.

Trump certainly does need help... from a good psychiatrist.

Did that make you feel good because that is the very best that can come from that attitude.

There is no way around you getting willing to listen to Trump Country.

Sooner would be better than later if you dont mind.

Lol. That's the only case he can make. He's doomed. He is going to be viewed as one of the most pathetic characters in American history. Plays will be written. Songs will be sung.

Shakespeare would have had a field day. Ken Burns is no doubt already working on it.

I recommend that you scale back on your FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA! propaganda consumption.

Why dont you help yourself to a safari to Trump Country....

AND LISTEN!

I recommend that you scale back on your FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA! propaganda consumption.

Why dont you help yourself to a safari to Trump Country....

AND LISTEN!

I suggest that you scale back on your "FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!" conspiracy theories.

Where was the Democrat's outrage then?

You really need to do your due diligence before leaping to conclusions.

This photo is misleading. Obama stated he was going to delay the executive order on DACA, noting that he did finally execute it, but these protestors are protesting because of what Obama said about delaying, not what he finally did, which would have quelled the protest if the protestors had had more patience.

If you are implying that Obama created a policy of separating children from parents, that idea if false.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/was-law-separate-families-passed-1997/

It is Sessions and Trump that have enacted a new policy separating children from parents.

You really need to do your due diligence before leaping to conclusions.

This photo is misleading. Obama stated he was going to delay the executive order on DACA, noting that he did finally execute it, but these protestors are protesting because of what Obama said about delaying, not what he finally did, which would have quelled the protest if the protestors had had more patience.

If you are implying that Obama created a policy of separating children from parents, that idea if false.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/was-law-separate-families-passed-1997/

It is Sessions and Trump that have enacted a new policy separating children from parents.

Zero tolerance.

I suggest that you scale back on your "FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!" conspiracy theories.

The problem for you of course is that I am right more often than the average bear and I know it, I am not a young man so I have lots of experience in finding out.....which never seems to occur to many folks around these parts.

Back
Top Bottom