• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RIP Bob Gibson

My wife had four tickets to see Gibson pitch game 7 of the 1968 World Series. GA tickets now sell for about $300. These were box seats, courtesy of Auggie Busch.

She did not attend, because the principal of her school threatened to suspend anyone skipping to see the game.

My wife had four tickets to see Gibson pitch game 7 of the 1968 World Series. GA tickets now sell for about $300. These were box seats, courtesy of Auggie Busch.

She did not attend, because the principal of her school threatened to suspend anyone skipping to see the game.
That is a sad story. And the Cards lost.

Last edited:
They lost the 7th game of the 1968 WS.
I know... Curt Flood was labeled the goat of that 7th game, he misplayed 1, maybe 2 fly balls to centerfield.. I still remember the back pages of the newspapers with his picture with a set of goat horns.

I know... Curt Flood was labeled the goat of that 7th game, he misplayed 1, maybe 2 fly balls to centerfield.. I still remember the back pages of the newspapers with his picture with a set of goat horns.
Ah. Thanks for the details. I had forgotten.

I heard about this on NPR on the drive home. Rest in peace, Bob Gibson.

I mentioned earlier his 1.12 Era in 1968... Another stat from that year is Gibson threw 13 shutouts.. 13!!!!! There's great pitchers nowadays who don't get 13 wins in a season, he had 13 shutouts... amazing!!!

I mentioned earlier his 1.12 Era in 1968... Another stat from that year is Gibson threw 13 shutouts.. 13!!!!! There's great pitchers nowadays who don't get 13 wins in a season, he had 13 shutouts... amazing!!!
IIRC, Gibson was cited as a reason why the height of the mound was lowered after the 1968 season.

Back
Top Bottom