• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Right wingers, do you want trump to run in 2024?

• I am not right wing, I just want to see the poll

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Yes, God yes, run trump, run

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • No, I would prefer a non-trump Republican

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 8 13.6%

• Total voters
Anyone listening to Trump describe American institutions would swear he's the most anti-American American since Ted Kaczinski.or Timothy Macveigh. The intelligence agencies, the judiciary, the electoral system, everything is corrupt.

Exactly. To truly believe Donald Trump one would have to believe that both Republican and Democratic party election officials in multiple states hated him so much that they (1) betrayed their oaths of office, (2) colluded with one another to steal the election from him, (3) flagrantly violated state and federal election laws in order to do so, and (4) did so in such a perfect manner that no independently-verifiable and substantiated evidence of the conspiracy could be found. And all the Federal law enforcement authorities and Courts (including Federal judges appointed by Donald Trump himself) were also in on the conspiracy and covered for it.

In other words you would have to have lost all faith in all state and federal American institutions and the good faith of most other American citizens. It is an apocalyptic worldview to say the least.

If 2024 is between Joe Biden and Donald Trump again, America will deserve it.

You have no option for me. I am a moderate republican not a right winger and I would never consider voting for TRump.

Exactly. To truly believe Donald Trump one would have to believe that both Republican and Democratic party election officials in multiple states hated him so much that they betrayed their oaths of office, flagrantly violated state and federal election laws, colluded with one another to steal the election from him, and did so in such a perfect manner that no independently-verifiable and substantiated evidence of the conspiracy could be found. And all the Federal law enforcement authorities and Courts (including Federal judges appointed by Donald Trump himself) were also in on the conspiracy and covered for it.

In other words you would have to have lost all faith in all American institutions and the good faith of most other American citizens. It is an apocalyptic worldview to say the least.

You'd have to believe way more than just that.

You'd have to believe that justice, have on Congress and ALL government agencies are in a giant global conspiracy against him. It's insanity.

I would prefer a Republican who, at minimum, actually believes in our democratic institutions to run. Not one who after losing says that our entire system of government is a sham meant to keep him out of power and gins up his followers to tear it all down.
So would I. But how many of those Republicans remain in the party?

So would I. But how many of those Republicans remain in the party?

Plenty. In fact, I would venture to say "most", as in I think more elected Republican politicians believe Donald Trump lost fair and square than those who truly believe the election was stolen from him. But right now, most of them are also utter moral cowards too afraid of their base and Donald Trump to say anything that contradicts Donald Trump's baseless, pathological mendacity.

Plenty. In fact, I would venture to say "most", as in I think more elected Republican politicians believe Donald Trump lost fair and square than those who truly believe the election was stolen from him. But right now, most of them are also utter moral cowards too afraid of their base and Donald Trump to say anything that contradicts Donald Trump's baseless, pathological mendacity.
A handful of Senators, perhaps. Liz Cheney was booted. The thing is, is an utter moral coward good presidential material?

Exactly. To truly believe Donald Trump one would have to believe that both Republican and Democratic party election officials in multiple states hated him so much that they betrayed their oaths of office, flagrantly violated state and federal election laws, colluded with one another to steal the election from him, and did so in such a perfect manner that no independently-verifiable and substantiated evidence of the conspiracy could be found. And all the Federal law enforcement authorities and Courts (including Federal judges appointed by Donald Trump himself) were also in on the conspiracy and covered for it.

In other words you would have to have lost all faith in all American institutions and the good faith of most other American citizens. It is an apocalyptic worldview to say the least.
Sad thing is, I don't think Trump really believes any of it. I think his whole schtick is to make as many people as possible as angry as possible. It's not political to him, It's about ratings, It's about adulation.
He's not as simple-minded as the people he plays to. He's like a flat-affect sociopath playing the role that he's confident will get the reaction, the results that he needs.
In a lesser country he would be very dangerous. Thankfully he's spent. Flashed in the pan and just a lingering smell of burnt powder.

Or would you prefer some Republican governor of a large state like Texas or Florida?

Or any Republican, other than Trump?

Far too early to pick at this point. I just want rid of Joe Biden.

Hey Republicans, if you want to know if it's a smart idea to run Trump in 2024, consider this: remember how motivated you were to make sure Clinton never became President? Well, we're four times more motivated to make sure Trump never gets a second term. Because while you hate Clinton, we're terrified of Trump. Sure, I know, that gets a "sweet liberal tears" reaction out of you. But remember how motivating a force fear is when it comes to election turnout.

Nailed it.

So to on to the righties: People didn't "like" Clinton we get it. But, well-off Republicans please, you know and we know, everyone who isn't you is going to get royally f***ed over if Trump becomes president again.

That may be attractive to you but it is a bigger motivator than mere dislike or even outright hatred.

That said, you always have voter suppression and gerrymandering to makes sure the opposition can't win - frankly another reason for them to fear you. That might make you horny, but will never make you right.

Not really a proper question.
It's a bit loaded to the right.

I wish you had left the poll voters visible. I would have liked to see which right-wing forum members were not Trump supporters.

We tend to automatically assume right-wing members are Trump supporters but I suspect it's not that simple. No doubt some would be relieved to have a saner candidate running.

Sad to say, but I cannot think of any Republican policies. They got nothing for health care, environmental protection, foreign policy, social justice, industrial policy, climate change, criminal justice reform, energy - the list goes on and on and on.

Have you ever actually read the Constitution? None of that stuff is in there.

Have you ever actually read the Constitution? None of that stuff is in there.
Neither is bridge construction, but the government still builds 'em.

You have no option for me. I am a moderate republican not a right winger and I would never consider voting for TRump.
So, whom do you like in the GOP right now? I'm not a Republican, but my friends who are like Ben Sasse.
Have you ever actually read the Constitution?
Yes I have read and studied the Constitution. What of it? Have you?
None of that stuff is in there.
The point I think you might be trying weaklh to make here is both stupid and wrong. Why don't you elaborate so we can confirm that.

Classical liberal. And you identify as conservative.
Classical liberal is a term invented by conservatives who suddenly realized that the Founding Fathers they revere were liberals.
This definition works for me. It pretty much describes the political philosophy I've held all my life, and all other liberals too.

"Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on liberty, consent of the governed and equality before the law. Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but they generally support individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), democracy, secularism, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion and a market economy."

Anyone who's ideology strays far from that definition isn't a liberal, I don't care what you, he or anyone else says.

Edit- just curious, if these johnny-come-latelys aren't liberals, why do you call them liberals? Sounds like you're confused.
Classic liberal, as used, was a term from the time of Voltaire , I believe, so no.

I chose other. Trump is too old. We clearly do not need any more leaders that belong in a nursing home running this country into the ground. I would rather see more young people running this country. Not only in the White House but Congress as well. The first order of business would be to get rid of the 35 years old limit. Why are we discriminating against people who are in their prime for people who are so old they are not sure of their own name.
So you want a millennial next time?

Rick DeSantis or Greg Abbott would kick any Democrat's butt. Kamala Harris or 2nd term Joe? Don't make me laugh.
DeSantis and Abbott are too busy killing off their constituents to have time to run.

Or would you prefer some Republican governor of a large state like Texas or Florida?

Or any Republican, other than Trump?
I've no problem with Trump.

And I'd have no problem supporting a "good" Republican.

But I just don't think there is such a thing as a "good" Republican anymore. That's why I'm no longer one of them.

Run?I don't care if Trump crawls,I'm voting for him.

Yeah, that worked out great in 2016.
he won't win again, but him running might prevent a Trump 2.0 with more brains and political savvy from running, which to me would be scarier.

The republican party, if they are going to have a chance in next election, needs a young (with US messurements) and carismatic representive, like a Republican Obama(and noooo, I am not talking about Obamas' skincolor....), that can challenge Trump as the party's nominee. He/She is yet to be found.

Back
Top Bottom