• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rick Scott Unveils an 11-Point Agenda That Includes Tax Hikes for Millions

Well there's a simple solution to all of that. Just kill all the rich people and take their shit.

Not necessary. Simply don't toss out asinine ideas as GOP party policy.

Fair point. That sounds for the info.

Surely we can agree that heading up a company that was guilty of one of the largest Medicare frauds in history is one of them.

Unfortunately, it was a substantive grift, bordering on theft. For some ideologies, the acquisition of wealth is the center of existence. How you get there is a minor detail. Trump and Elon Musk grifted their way to the top, and they are worshiped because of where they ended up, not how they got there.

For right-leaning variants of libertarianism, there is literally nothing else except the acquisition of wealth / property, and they even think that only property owners should be allowed to vote. They throw in things like 'small government', but what they really mean is that they want government to facilitate the acquisition of wealth, and to utilize government's monopoly of force to protect their property (without which property wouldn't exist).

How does taxing the poorest in the gop help the party and let's face facts, the southern states controlled by the republicans are some of the poorest in the nation. I wonder how the leadership is going to sell it to them?

Scott the medicare fraudster. The gop sure does love them some criminals in leadership positions.

Why have the rich pay for something that the poor can pay for them?

Meh. I just figured that if y'all were going to have another stroke fest thread that the least I could do for the occasion is throw a condom on the table.
Aren't you supposed to be bitching about a tax hike?

Clue, the GOP has spent far more than the Dems this century.

It's so weird. A guy wears an expensive suit and speaks with confidence and they are so dazzled that they completely ignore the fact that the company he ran had to pay a 1.7 Billion dollar fine for stealing from the government.

Meh. I just figured that if y'all were going to have another stroke fest thread that the least I could do for the occasion is throw a condom on the table.

Is that intentionally nonsense? You just wanted to be inappropriately sexual, correct?

It's so weird. A guy wears an expensive suit and speaks with confidence and they are so dazzled that they completely ignore the fact that the company he ran had to pay a 1.7 Billion dollar fine for stealing from the government.
I thought defrauding somebody was a requirement to become an elected official in the gop?

Actually they let him out before the charges were filed. Kept him from being charged. Our world is so crooked.

No, my assumption and your assertion is you apply a much higher value to the work of people like Marjorie Taylor Greene and Hank Johnson than I do.
Those are your words not mine. I’ll thank you to not attribute things I’ve never said to me.

There are good plumbers and there are lousy plumbers. The existence of lousy plumbers doesn’t mean plumbers as a group are worthless and serve no purpose.

There are good accountants and there are lousy accountants. The existence of lousy accountants doesn’t mean accountants as a group are worthless and serve no purpose.

There are good politicians and there are lousy politicians. The existence of lousy politicians doesn’t mean politicians as a group are worthless and serve no purpose.

I can get rid of a lousy plumber or accountant. Getting rid of an elected official who has done nothing beyond politics for their entire adult life is a different animal.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…