• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rick Scott Unveils an 11-Point Agenda That Includes Tax Hikes for Millions

Well there's a simple solution to all of that. Just kill all the rich people and take their shit.

Not necessary. Simply don't toss out asinine ideas as GOP party policy.

LOL.

He was the CEO. The company board kicked him out. When deposed in a civil suit about the issue, he pleaded the 5th 75 times.

Of course, he was responsible.

Feel free to read the links provided by others above if you'd like to read more about Scott's "accomplishments".
Fair point. That sounds for the info.

Surely we can agree that heading up a company that was guilty of one of the largest Medicare frauds in history is one of them.

Unfortunately, it was a substantive grift, bordering on theft. For some ideologies, the acquisition of wealth is the center of existence. How you get there is a minor detail. Trump and Elon Musk grifted their way to the top, and they are worshiped because of where they ended up, not how they got there.

For right-leaning variants of libertarianism, there is literally nothing else except the acquisition of wealth / property, and they even think that only property owners should be allowed to vote. They throw in things like 'small government', but what they really mean is that they want government to facilitate the acquisition of wealth, and to utilize government's monopoly of force to protect their property (without which property wouldn't exist).

I don't think you really have any credibility to talk about whether something is a "hit" piece given the very many ugly things and tragedies you gleefully run to politicize.

At any rate, the "plan" shows why loudmouth Republicans simply cannot be trusted to govern. They want to sabotage it and destruct it. And all these local GOP efforts to protect and promote racism show part of the reason why. Their obedience to the richest of the rich interests shows the rest.
How does taxing the poorest in the gop help the party and let's face facts, the southern states controlled by the republicans are some of the poorest in the nation. I wonder how the leadership is going to sell it to them?

Scott the medicare fraudster. The gop sure does love them some criminals in leadership positions.

Gee, I wonder if he asked Bannon for the money he stole that Trump supporters donated for the wall and Trump pardoned him for :rolleyes:

Top Republican Plans Tax Hikes on 100 Million Americans

Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL), who is heading up the Senate Republican campaign effort this year, released a 31-page glossy GOP agenda because, as he said to Politico, “it’s important to tell people what we’re gonna do.”
<snip>

Scott’s top priorities include completing the border wall and naming it after Donald Trump, declaring that “there are two genders,” ending any reference to ethnicity on government forms and instituting 12-year term limits for members of Congress.

And then there’s this one: “All Americans should pay some income tax to have skin in the game, even if a small amount.”

While that might sound innocuous in theory, in practice it means raising income taxes on more than 100 million, mostly poor Americans.

Read more: https://politicalwire.com/2022/02/22...r-100-million/
Why have the rich pay for something that the poor can pay for them?

Meh. I just figured that if y'all were going to have another stroke fest thread that the least I could do for the occasion is throw a condom on the table.
Aren't you supposed to be bitching about a tax hike?

Has Nanccy? Has Biden in the last 50 years?
The 5.5 trillion in spending by the democrats is going to force some tightening of the belt to get the budget, the deficit, the debt under control. I'm all for taxing at a reasonable rate of increase to correct the problems.
Clue, the GOP has spent far more than the Dems this century.

How does taxing the poorest in the gop help the party and let's face facts, the southern states controlled by the republicans are some of the poorest in the nation. I wonder how the leadership is going to sell it to them?

Scott the medicare fraudster. The gop sure does love them some criminals in leadership positions.
It's so weird. A guy wears an expensive suit and speaks with confidence and they are so dazzled that they completely ignore the fact that the company he ran had to pay a 1.7 Billion dollar fine for stealing from the government.

Meh. I just figured that if y'all were going to have another stroke fest thread that the least I could do for the occasion is throw a condom on the table.

Is that intentionally nonsense? You just wanted to be inappropriately sexual, correct?

It's so weird. A guy wears an expensive suit and speaks with confidence and they are so dazzled that they completely ignore the fact that the company he ran had to pay a 1.7 Billion dollar fine for stealing from the government.
I thought defrauding somebody was a requirement to become an elected official in the gop?

Read this! :

...a tiny progressive faction, six house members, refused to vote for the Manchin-Sinema sell-out.

Super-Rich Americans Feel Relief as Tax Hikes Are Canceled for Now

www.bloomberg.com
Taxes
By Ben Steverman
December 20, 2021, :
  • Manchin says he can’t support Biden bill
  • Legislation would help reduce economic inequality, backers say"

Goldman Sachs Cuts U.S. Growth Forecast After Manchin Rejects Build Back Better Plan

...now expect GDP growth to be 2% in the first quarter of 2022, down from a previous forecast of 3%.
www.barrons.com
Dec. 20, 2021 ....

Manchin and Sinema teamed up with their fellow, "bought off" G.O.P. senate buddy's to "get 'er done." Protect the wealthiest from any tax increases or increased IRS enforcement, increasing the debt via their "bi-partisan" infrastructure legislation, the opposite of the BBB legislation the two bribed "democrats" refuse to support, even at the expense of their party's continuing influence. The pared in half BBB legislation is funded at $175 billion per year for ten years, vs projected ten year GDP of $288 trillion results in Manchin's excuses being exaggerations amounting to lies.

Storm damage and resulting economic disruption (prolonged power interruption, flooding) that could be prevented by BBB project expenditures with no prophylactic mitigation in sight.

Opinion | In Praise of Smoke and Mirrors

If we need creative accounting to invest for the future, go for it.
www.nytimes.com
PAUL KRUGMAN
Aug. 5, 2021
"...bipartisan infrastructure bill — that is, a bill receiving support from a large enough minority of Republican senators to overcome the filibuster. This bill falls far short of what America really needs; it will be up to Democrats to fill the gaps with additional legislation,. Still, it’s a major political achievement, especially after the way “infrastructure week” became a running joke during the Trump era.

But how did the Senate get there? The politics were fairly obvious: Infrastructure spending is very popular, ,, Republicans didn’t want to be seen as complete obstructionists. What wasn’t clear, however, was how the spending would be financed.

On the surface, Republican demands should have made agreement impossible. G.O.P. senators were adamantly opposed to tax increases. They also blocked proposals to give the I.R.S. resources to crack down on widespread tax evasion — a stance that even cynics like yours truly found a bit shocking. What kind of party more or less openly aligns itself with wealthy tax cheats?.."

Which Trump 2017 tax cut is permanent? The tax cut on corporations!

October 18, 2021

• The wealthiest 10% of American households now own 89% of all U.S. stocks, a record high that highlights the stock market’s role in increasing wealth inequality.
  • The top 1% gained over $6.5 trillion in corporate equities and mutual fund wealth during the pandemic, according to the latest data from the Federal Reserve.
  • The bottom 90% of Americans held about 11% of stocks, and added $1.2 trillion in wealth during the Covid-19 pandemic.
51755529163_5e19c68fa4.jpg
1645646643505.png

LOL.

He was the CEO. The company board kicked him out. When deposed in a civil suit about the issue, he pleaded the 5th 75 times.

Of course, he was responsible.

Feel free to read the links provided by others above if you'd like to read more about Scott's "accomplishments".

Actually they let him out before the charges were filed. Kept him from being charged. Our world is so crooked.

No, my assumption and your assertion is you apply a much higher value to the work of people like Marjorie Taylor Greene and Hank Johnson than I do.
Those are your words not mine. I’ll thank you to not attribute things I’ve never said to me.

There are good plumbers and there are lousy plumbers. The existence of lousy plumbers doesn’t mean plumbers as a group are worthless and serve no purpose.

There are good accountants and there are lousy accountants. The existence of lousy accountants doesn’t mean accountants as a group are worthless and serve no purpose.

There are good politicians and there are lousy politicians. The existence of lousy politicians doesn’t mean politicians as a group are worthless and serve no purpose.

Those are your words not mine. I’ll thank you to not attribute things I’ve never said to me.

There are good plumbers and there are lousy plumbers. The existence of lousy plumbers doesn’t mean plumbers as a group are worthless and serve no purpose.

There are good accountants and there are lousy accountants. The existence of lousy accountants doesn’t mean accountants as a group are worthless and serve no purpose.

There are good politicians and there are lousy politicians. The existence of lousy politicians doesn’t mean politicians as a group are worthless and serve no purpose.
I can get rid of a lousy plumber or accountant. Getting rid of an elected official who has done nothing beyond politics for their entire adult life is a different animal.

Back
Top Bottom