• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Revealed: how Disney hijacked Reedy Creek to become its own government

Boom! Bombshell time. Disney's true corruption has been exposed, and theyve been doing it for decades. The state of FL granted them the special taxpayer district to build a community, and they were lavished with tax and environmental breaks, but Disney never built what they promised. Not only that, Disney controlled the board, bribed their district employees and even paid their taxes for them for decades!

This is criminal, folks. Its both federal and state violations, and people will be going to jail. It make take a few years to sort it out, but justice is coming. I made a similar thread of this before when the investigation was first started, and the woke Disney lovers in this forum claimed it was all a lie- guess what, its now blown up in their faces! :LOL:

And the kicker is, Disney could have avoided all this had they not gone woke and picked a fight with DeSantis. Textbook poetic justice. :ROFLMAO:
Oh please, while you are demonizing disney, take a peek at the power of 'the villages' another special tax district for its republican owners.

IN 2019, RESIDENTS of The Villages, an iconic retirement community in Florida, were suddenly hit with a 25 percent hike in their property taxes. In the master-planned community of 130,000 across the state’s Sumter, Lake, and Marion counties, many residents are on fixed incomes. The tax hikes were intended to subsidize new developments south of the community, rather than cover new amenities or upgrades for current residents. The entity known locally either as “the developer” or “the family” benefited from the tax hike and could then escape paying fees associated with the expansion of their development. This week on Deconstructed, host Ryan Grim takes us to The Villages to meet residents who banded together to rollback the tax hike but who were ultimately blocked by powerful players. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and the local political machine run by The Villages fought the residents, leading to one of their champions being thrown in jail.

Hiking their residents taxes in order to pay for the expansion of their business. Why don't they use their own money?

You disney haters, please defend the actions of 'the villages' and DeSantis.

Yes, while they're receiving special govt tax breaks, and running crooked operations. Sounds criminal to me. Of course you excuse the Biden crime family, so this is just noise isn't it?
You want to see corporations taxed more?

What's constitutional about this special district? Nothing.

Except for the part where you celebrate the government going after people for what they said.

No love for Disney and if they've done something wrong, they should face those consequences, they are a terrible company and I have no love for them.

But it's clear, you love it when the government goes after people for what they say when they say things you don't like:

promote transgenderism and other perversion.

Exhibit A of bigoted bullshit.

LOL try reading the article, but perhaps that might be too much work for you...
Try using a free site. Or you could quote the relevant parts pertaining to "state and federal violations".

Is it seedy? Probably. But seedy legal maneuverings happen everyday.

Boom! Bombshell time. Disney's true corruption has been exposed, and theyve been doing it for decades. The state of FL granted them the special taxpayer district to build a community, and they were lavished with tax and environmental breaks, but Disney never built what they promised. Not only that, Disney controlled the board, bribed their district employees and even paid their taxes for them for decades!

This is criminal, folks. Its both federal and state violations, and people will be going to jail. It make take a few years to sort it out, but justice is coming. I made a similar thread of this before when the investigation was first started, and the woke Disney lovers in this forum claimed it was all a lie- guess what, its now blown up in their faces! :LOL:

And the kicker is, Disney could have avoided all this had they not gone woke and picked a fight with DeSantis. Textbook poetic justice. :ROFLMAO:
"The legislation that created Reedy Creek required that landowners be given voting power over board members proportional to how many acres they owned in the district. Since Disney owned the vast majority of property in the district, they personally selected board members."

Sounds like they didn't make the rules, just played by them.

I believe I've heard almost all of this before. I don't think I'd heard about the land switcheroo for the board members, but the rest isn't new.

I'm not clear on whether any of that is illegal. Those land deals would have been documented.

I guess we'll see, but I don't expect much. This is an old deal and it's not like Disney doesn't have enemies who would have picked up on this in the last 50+ years.

Why didn't DeSantis whip this out during that little outburst, I wonder?
Yes, yes, you believe that fraud, bribery, misuses of public funds are all legal. Thanks for showing us the real you.
Okay, I will give it a shot. The source isn't complete kook, apparently.

View attachment 67481673
Shoot the messenger fallacy to cover up for criminals. As predicted.
See, that's the problem I have. I completely agree with the rest of your post. The privilege Disney has is really ****ed up. But what I do NOT want is the government going after corporations based on if they personally support the head personality cult leader or not. DeSantis doesn't have a principled opposition to a corp getting such insane preferential treatment.

He just wants Disney to fall in line and they can keep their legally questionable fiefdom.
Disney was the one who announced they would go after him, and so this happened. Arent they supposed to be an entertainment company? If you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen.
Sorry you were saying something in the Argentina thread about libertarianism…

Seems it’s pretty situational for you.

Because this whole situation is libertarianism run amock and then you heartily laugh at the part where the government goes after Disney for their speech.

Bizarre.
You really dont have a clue as to what liberterianism means. Libertarians arent pro corruption, they want a level playing field. What Disney did is akin to running your own corrupt government, and libertarians dont want companies to do that.
And he violated the first amendment. In a textbook example. Punishing them for speech.
Disney lost their special district because they waded into politics. A pretty stupid move.
You want me to register with some piece of shit site in order to hear your argument? What state and federal laws, specifically, were violated?
Go do your own research. The fact that you deflect only means you love criminals like Disney. Thats the kind of person you are.
MAGA is still on about this?
LOL and youre upset your beloved mouse got exposed for being a criminal.
All a bunch of bullshit.

Disney was responsible for the area and took good care of it for the last 50 years.

The only reason this is going on is because Rhonda Santis did not like Disney telling him to piss off regarding his Nazi-like hate-spreading laws.
You love crime and corporate corruption. we get it already.
Oh please, while you are demonizing disney, take a peek at the power of 'the villages' another special tax district for its republican owners.

IN 2019, RESIDENTS of The Villages,

Hiking their residents taxes in order to pay for the expansion of their business. Why don't they use their own money?

You disney haters, please defend the actions of 'the villages' and DeSantis.
LOL deflection after your beloved criminals got outed. Why do you love criminals so much?
Try using a free site. Or you could quote the relevant parts pertaining to "state and federal violations".

Is it seedy? Probably. But seedy legal maneuverings happen everyday.
Do your own research, the audit on Reedy Creek is public. Maybe youll learn something, but I doubt it since you love criminals.
"The legislation that created Reedy Creek required that landowners be given voting power over board members proportional to how many acres they owned in the district. Since Disney owned the vast majority of property in the district, they personally selected board members."

Sounds like they didn't make the rules, just played by them.
It doesnt say theyre supposed to pay their taxes for them, but they did. You left that part out because you love those who break the law.

Its hard for a fictional character to be a criminal.

Personally though, other than laughing at DeSantis's silly behavior, I just hope they don't mess with the marvel and star wars franchises.

Do your own research, the audit on Reedy Creek is public. Maybe youll learn something, but I doubt it since you love criminals.
Hey, you're the one who made the accusations. If you can't be bothered to show your work then it's easy to dismiss your accusations as being full of shit.

That's a commissioned pile of hysterical bullshit intended to provide cover for PanderOns cretinous political ambitions.

The "kicker" is that PandeRon appointed a sexual deviant to supervise The Mouse..

Yes, yes, you believe that fraud, bribery, misuses of public funds are all legal. Thanks for showing us the real you.

Disney was the one who announced they would go after him, and so this happened. Arent they supposed to be an entertainment company? If you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen.

You really dont have a clue as to what liberterianism means. Libertarians arent pro corruption, they want a level playing field. What Disney did is akin to running your own corrupt government, and libertarians dont want companies to do that.

Disney lost their special district because they waded into politics. A pretty stupid move.

Go do your own research. The fact that you deflect only means you love criminals like Disney. Thats the kind of person you are.

LOL deflection after your beloved criminals got outed. Why do you love criminals so much?

It doesnt say theyre supposed to pay their taxes for them, but they did. You left that part out because you love those who break the law.
Yes. They spoke things DeSantis didn’t like.

So he used the government to punish them.

Which is specifically what the first exists to prevent.

I mean, would you be ok if you got in an argument with some local politician about dog licenses and he pulled your business license in retaliation?

Of course you wouldn’t.

But water carriers gotta carry that water.

So lug on, boy! Lug on!

No, I believe Disney is entitled to give free passes to their employees.

Right-wing bullshit. This is what the right does when they propaganda rag sources are called into question.

Its hard for a fictional character to be a criminal.

Personally though, other than laughing at DeSantis's silly behavior, I just hope they don't mess with the marvel and star wars franchises.
LOL too late!

Hey, you're the one who made the accusations. If you can't be bothered to show your work then it's easy to dismiss your accusations as being full of shit.
And Ive backed it up with the article. Its not my problem you cant read it. Youre just making your usual excuses and failing because you love criminals, just like your fellow libs.

That's a commissioned pile of hysterical bullshit intended to provide cover for PanderOns cretinous political ambitions.
Yes, yes. You want criminals like Disney to get away with it. Thanks for showing us the real you.

Yes. They spoke things DeSantis didn’t like.

So he used the government to punish them.

Which is specifically what the first exists to prevent.

I mean, would you be ok if you got in an argument with some local politician about dog licenses and he pulled your business license in retaliation?

Of course you wouldn’t.

But water carriers gotta carry that water.

So lug on, boy! Lug on!
LOL It wasnt a punishment. Reedy Creek was a gift, and it just got taken back. Other companies didnt get involved in politics, so theyre fine. Only Disney was stupid enough to do it, so they deserve it.

No, I believe Disney is entitled to give free passes to their employees.

Right-wing bullshit. This is what the right does when they propaganda rag sources are called into question.
Your usual shoot the messenger bullshit. Why do you love criminals so much?

And Ive backed it up with the article. Its not my problem you cant read it. Youre just making your usual excuses and failing because you love criminals, just like your fellow libs.
I suppose that perhaps sometime in the past you weren't on DP just to troll. Is trolling actually entertaining? I've never really tried it.

LOL too late!

Yes, yes. You want criminals like Disney to get away with it. Thanks for showing us the real you.

LOL It wasnt a punishment. Reedy Creek was a gift, and it just got taken back. Other companies didnt get involved in politics, so theyre fine. Only Disney was stupid enough to do it, so they deserve it.

You did not refute my point. Getting into politics is never a problem with y’all unless you don’t like it. Just don’t approve.

The government of Florida was used to punish Disney for saying things DeScumbag didn’t like. Full stop.

That is what the first was written to prevent.

Your ass print is clearly visible on the constitution from where you wiped your ass with it

See, that's the problem I have. I completely agree with the rest of your post. The privilege Disney has is really ****ed up. But what I do NOT want is the government going after corporations based on if they personally support the head personality cult leader or not. DeSantis doesn't have a principled opposition to a corp getting such insane preferential treatment.

He just wants Disney to fall in line and they can keep their legally questionable fiefdom.
In other words, you support open corruption as long as the corrupt actor flies rainbow pride progress flags

Reactions: PoS
LOL too late!

I have said this before. Posting bullshit from tinfoil hat brigade sites does not make you messenger. The information is bad. It's always been bad. You repeating it doesn't make it better.

Essentially, you're ducking because you got called on the bullshit you posted.

Find a reasonable source.

In the meantime, stop spewing debunked bullshit. I know this is what the right is the best at, but still, find a legitimate source.

So weird how right wingers were fine with this for ages until they got in their little culture war against acknowledging the existence of LGBT people.

I suppose that perhaps sometime in the past you weren't on DP just to troll. Is trolling actually entertaining? I've never really tried it.
Try thinking for once, maybe that might help you.

Too late for what?
Marvel and Pixar sucking, thats what.

You did not refute my point. Getting into politics is never a problem with y’all unless you don’t like it. Just don’t approve.

The government of Florida was used to punish Disney for saying things DeScumbag didn’t like. Full stop.

That is what the first was written to prevent.

Your ass print is clearly visible on the constitution from where you wiped your ass with it
Taking a gift away isnt punishment. Youre just crying foul because the real criminals youre defending got exposed, which tells us all we need to know about you. Cry me a river.

I have said this before. Posting bullshit from tinfoil hat brigade sites does not make you messenger. The information is bad. It's always been bad. You repeating it doesn't make it better.

Essentially, you're ducking because you got called on the bullshit you posted.

Find a reasonable source.

In the meantime, stop spewing debunked bullshit. I know this is what the right is the best at, but still, find a legitimate source.
The only one posting bullshit is you. Its clear you love criminals like Disney, and it shows.

Dude, Ahsoka was awesome! Loki was as well.

I really like their new stuff.

Gosh, you know, you're right. If I was thinking I wouldn't respond to a PoS thread. Thanks.

Taking a gift away isnt punishment. Youre just crying foul because the real criminals youre defending got exposed, which tells us all we need to know about you. Cry me a river.

The only one posting bullshit is you. Its clear you love criminals like Disney, and it shows.

No, that would be you. The mods have commented on your bullshit sources before.

I have no love for Disney, but I am not going to go after anybody because they gave their employees free passes to their parks. Moreover, you support Rhonda Santis and her quest for vengeance. That is inappropriate and shameful.

It's clear who the enemies of this country are, and they are not on the left.

I am sure you would do just fine on Truth Social.

Back
Top Bottom