• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Resurrection of ALL dead!

tosca1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The resurrection of the dead had been brought up at another thread which makes it off-topic.....therefore this thread is created.
I also want to settle this once and for all.

Contrary to what certain doctrines preach - particularly the Jehovah's Witnesses - there will be a resurrection of the dead. It will happen.
It could possibly mean being given a physical body.

In fact, God had instructed Ezekiel to prophesy on that:

Ezekiel 37

The Valley of Dry Bones

37 The hand of the Lord was on me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones.
2 He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry.
3 He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”

I said, “Sovereign Lord, you alone know.”

4 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord!
5 This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones:
I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.
6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life.

Then you will know that I am the Lord.’”

7 So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone.
I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them.

9 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says:

Come, breath, from the four winds and breathe into these slain, that they may live.’
10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and
breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army.

11 Then he said to me: “Son of man, these bones are the people of Israel. They say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’
12 Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: My people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them;
I will bring you back to the land of Israel.
13 Then you, my people, will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them.
14 I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it,
declares the Lord.’”

Therefore, from this description - bodily resurrection - we understand what coming to life from the grave could possibly mean when we talk about the RESURRECTION of the DEAD.

I would take the resurrection spiritually, not physically. You know, because it's a spiritual work. Christ's resurrection was that of the church, his spiritual resurrection. Though his physical body was gone, a church sprang in his place, a spiritual resurrection.

Or magic. But interpreting a spiritual work spiritually makes more sense to me.

We do not know how exactly we'll be risen (whether bodily as described in Ezekiel, or spiritually).....since a spiritual body also is described in
1 Cor 15.

1 Cor 15

The Resurrection Body

35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?”
36 How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.
37 When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else.
38 But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body.
39 Not all flesh is the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another.
40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind,
and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another.
41 The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor.

42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable,
it is raised imperishable;
43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;

44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

From this explanation, it says we are raised as spiritual bodies - IMPERISHABLE!
Thus, we can deduce from that - we are raised immortal! Only God can destruct the spiritual body.

Is the "spiritual body" the same as a "soul?"
I don't think it is a spirit - because it has a body.

Could the breath that God describes in Ezekiel make the difference as to the spirituality of the physical body that will be raised as described in Ezekiel - complete with tendons, bones and skin?

This verse is interesting:

Matthew 10:28 (ESV)
28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy
both soul and body in hell.

It says body and soul!
It is explicitly detailed that body and soul are distinct and not the same!

Last edited:
I don't know why Jehovah's Witnesses refuse to believe that the unsaved or evil people will be resurrected as well.
Their own NWT bible has stated that they will also be resurrected.

John 5

28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the

memorial tombs will hear his voice

29 and come out,
those who did good things to a resurrection of life,

and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment

".....those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment"

I think that all dead - even those from Sodom and Gomorrah, and the people during Noah's time, will be raised again to face
the
official and FINAL Judgment.

Last edited:
Resurrection myth debate.

....there is no boogeyman.........there is no boogeyman...........there is no boogeyman......
I suppose.....this particular topic stepped on a nerve? Gave you the chills? Keeping the lights on tonight, are we?

I would take the resurrection spiritually, not physically. You know, because it's a spiritual work. Christ's resurrection was that of the church, his spiritual resurrection. Though his physical body was gone, a church sprang in his place, a spiritual resurrection.

Yes, these are good points, so much of what Christ said was cryptic, parables and so on.

Yes, these are good points, so much of what Christ said was cryptic, parables and so on.

I find interpreting the Bible spiritually, as opposed to literally or physically, satisfying. No magic and it works just fine. People get stuck on the deity thing, self centered.

....there is no boogeyman.........there is no boogeyman...........there is no boogeyman......
I suppose.....this particular topic stepped on a nerve? Gave you the chills? Keeping the lights on tonight, are we?

I never have the slightest idea of what you are talking about.

I doubt it. Rotten flesh is a terrible host for the soul.

The resurrection of the dead had been brought up at another thread which makes it off-topic.....therefore this thread is created.

LMAO - good luck with that.

I think we can probably go by what the Bible tells us...Lazarus, whom Jesus resurrected back to life on earth, was resurrected with his physical body of flesh and blood, whereas Jesus was resurrected with a spiritual body upon his return to the spirit realm...

"For Christ died once for all time for sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit." 1 Peter 3:18

Contrary to what certain doctrines preach - particularly the Jehovah's Witnesses - there will be a resurrection of the dead. It will happen.
It could possibly mean being given a physical body.

In fact, God had instructed Ezekiel to prophesy on that:

Ezekiel 37

The Valley of Dry Bones

37 The hand of the Lord was on me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones.
2 He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry.
3 He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”

I said, “Sovereign Lord, you alone know.”

4 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord!
5 This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones:
I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.
6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life.

Then you will know that I am the Lord.’”

7 So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone.
I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them.

9 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says:

Come, breath, from the four winds and breathe into these slain, that they may live.’
10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and
breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army.

11 Then he said to me: “Son of man, these bones are the people of Israel. They say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’
12 Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: My people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them;
I will bring you back to the land of Israel.
13 Then you, my people, will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them.
14 I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it,
declares the Lord.’”

Therefore, from this description - bodily resurrection - we understand what coming to life from the grave could possibly mean when we talk about the RESURRECTION of the DEAD.
Yeah hold on to that dream.....lol

I think we can probably go by what the Bible tells us...Lazarus, whom Jesus resurrected back to life on earth, was resurrected with his physical body of flesh and blood, whereas Jesus was resurrected with a spiritual body upon his return to the spirit realm...

"For Christ died once for all time for sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit." 1 Peter 3:18

Maybe Laz kinda fell to the wayside, hit the sauce, and Jesus got him back on the path. That works for me. I don't need magic to learn from Jesus.

I never have the slightest idea of what you are talking about.
For once we agree...her foolish rants are beyond comprehension...

I find interpreting the Bible spiritually, as opposed to literally or physically, satisfying. No magic and it works just fine. People get stuck on the deity thing, self centered.
Yep, take out all the hocus pocus and there really is something to it.

The soul goes on and on and on, and has for some time.

The thing is, it doesn't matter where you were then, what matters is where you are now.

LMAO - good luck with that.

This is just a matter of differing interpretation.
As you can see - this thread is about belief by those who believe.
🤷

Atheists' viewpoints as to its reality........is irrelevant here.

I don't know why atheists want to partake in this.................................unless they're actually disturbed by this belief!

Of course, what atheist would admit to being disturbed by this?
But action speaks louder than words.:LOL:

Because......you don't read.

You're told not to read any other materials except those approved by your cult. Well, it's up to you if you want to defend your JW cocktail.
It's okay too if you don't, and you feel you can't.
🤷

I'm opinionated, but the older I get, the more I realize that I don't know. If there's resurrection, I'm not planning to protest it.

Because......you don't read.

You're told not to read any other materials except those approved by your cult. Well, it's up to you if you want to defend your JW cocktail.
It's okay too if you don't, and you feel you can't.
🤷
Baloney...it is you who does not read...I give links to many articles from websites other than jw.org...just another one of your many lies...

Stop projecting, as in "projection."

If there's anyone who's been ranting all over the place, I'm afraid you're it! No question about it.

Let's look at your claimed in the other thread:

Elvira said:

Yeah, we ARE living souls, we do not possess a soul nor is there an immortal soul...
tosca 1

So, you're saying...................................when people die, that's it? They're gone?

Elvira

Do you not understand the meaning of scriptures you yourself quote?

Matthew 10:28 (ESV)

28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body
in hell.

Lol. I don't know why you'd quote me that verse - and yes, I do understand it, that's why I gave it to support my claim.

Lol. Read what you quoted!

It is explicitly detailed that body and soul are distinctive and separate!

YOU DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE! Therefore, you're the one ranting!

As usual, only the Christian perspective is considered. There ARE other religions you know.

For example, a major tenet of Islam is that all souls will be gathered on Judgement Day, reissued bodies, and ushered through one of two doors.

Back
Top Bottom