• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans successfully suppress mail in votes in Minnesota

Slavister

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
1. Convince the Cult pandemic is not an issue

2. Convince the Cult to vote in person

3. Slow down mail

4. Throw out late arriving votes

Check-mate

5. Get slapped for not following their own state law.

“The court found the Minnesota secretary of state's accommodation went against a state law that said ballots delivered by mail to elections officials after 8 p.m. on Election Day should be marked late.

"The Secretary's instructions to count mail-in ballots received up to seven days after Election Day stand in direct contradiction to Minnesota election law governing presidential elections," the ruling stated.“

Cool. Maybe it will cost Representative IIhan Al Qaeda her seat

“The court found the Minnesota secretary of state's accommodation went against a state law that said ballots delivered by mail to elections officials after 8 p.m. on Election Day should be marked late.

"The Secretary's instructions to count mail-in ballots received up to seven days after Election Day stand in direct contradiction to Minnesota election law governing presidential elections," the ruling stated.“
Why is a postmark not acceptable? It's just another way to make sure some votes don't get counted.

if they suppress enough votes, the election will not be legitimate.

Why is a postmark not acceptable? It's just another way to make sure some votes don't get counted.
If I had written the law that would have been the case. However, I did not so I can’t really answer your question. Regardless, the state is still bound to follow laws that they themselves passed.

It went against minnesota state law. If they want to accept mail after election, according to the court, all they have to do is change it.

If you don't like it, ask the legislature why they thought it was smart to pass it to begin with.

if they suppress enough votes, the election will not be legitimate.
If the votes are received after 8pm on Election Day they are not valid according to state law. If anyone is suppressing votes, it’s the state of
Minnesota.

Point 1 : As I understand it the court ruled that the extension violates state election law. Like it or not the law must be followed.

Point 2 : What in hell is wrong with people? If you're going to vote by mail don't be a dope and wait until the last minute.

I guess I disagree with Republicans. I think that the right to vote is important.

...Point 2 : What in hell is wrong with people? If you're going to vote by mail don't be a dope and wait until the last minute.
The gap between asking for a ballot and finally receiving it usually involves a long delay like 4 to 6 weeks. People get their ballots late. They mail them now. The post office runs slow on purpose.

It's not hard to see what is really happening here.

Time for feds to be arresting those interfering with elections. This becomes a felony offense at the federal level.

Point 2 : What in hell is wrong with people? If you're going to vote by mail don't be a dope and wait until the last minute.

See step #3 in the OP.

If I had written the law that would have been the case.

My guess is that people who passed the law did not expect a President to slow down the mail in front of an election.

Time for feds to be arresting those interfering with elections. This becomes a felony offense at the federal level.
What’s the charge for following the state law?

See step #3 in the OP.

My guess is that people who passed the law did not expect a President to slow down the mail in front of an election.
If people are concerned they can always vote in person if they’re able. If they haven’t mailed them yet they can use a ballot drop box until 3pm on election day.

If people are concerned they can always vote in person if they’re able. If they haven’t mailed them yet they can use a ballot drop box until 3pm on election day.

By that logic, we should not have mail-in voting at all.

It does not help people who can't live their houses for whatever reason.

Nor does it help people who just mailed their votes today or yesterday.

In any case, you saying they can vote another way does not take away from Republicans making it more difficult on purpose for people to cast their ballots. FOR NO REASON AT ALL. (Well, of course we know their reason is vote suppression...)

In any case, you saying they can vote another way does not take away from Republicans making it more difficult on purpose for people to cast their ballots. FOR NO REASON AT ALL. (Well, of course we know their reason is vote suppression...)
Funniest shit I've read all day.

Not sure I caught all that. Think you could use a larger font next time?

I live in a 100% mail in state. I don’t trust the mail with my ballot, so I take it to a drop box. It’s an option for people in Minnesota, as is voting in person if they’re able.

The bottom line is the court ruling was in alignment with state law. There is no voter suppression. You don’t realize it yet, but your real beef is with the Minnesota legislature.

Federal Law overrides state law .........

1. Convince the Cult pandemic is not an issue

2. Convince the Cult to vote in person

3. Slow down mail

4. Throw out late arriving votes

Check-mate

Votes that arrive late shouldn't be counted. What are we going to do, count ballots until July?

Back
Top Bottom