• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans delete webpage celebrating Trump’s deal with Taliban

madman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
let the whatbaoutism begin!
Let's just say none of this has been handled well by any of the past 4 presidents.

It's time to leave

A web page on the site of the Republican National Committee detailing former President Donald Trump’s work on issues related to terrorism and the Middle East disappeared over the weekend as Taliban militants took control of Kabul and toppled Afghanistan’s government.

The page, which returned a 404 error as of Monday but could still be seen on archive sites, dealt with a number of issues including the Trump administration’s negotiations with the Taliban as well as the normalisation of relations between Israel and the United Arab Emirates.

“President Trump has continued to take the lead in peace talks as he signed a historic peace agreement with the Taliban in Afghanistan, which would end America’s longest running war,” read the web page before it was taken down.

RNC officials did not respond to an emailed request for comment on the deletion.

Of course they deleted it.

let the whatbaoutism begin!
Let's just say none of this has been handled well by any of the past 4 presidents.

It's time to leave

I have it directly from Winston Smith (the Acting [by Presidential Decree] Director of The Federal Legal And Civil Knowledge Bureau which publishes The Current Response And Position Bulletin that **T*H*E** **T*R*U*T*H** is that Mr. Trump has NEVER made any deal with the Taliban and any so-called "evidence" to the contrary is double plus ungood not truth.

Silly Republicans. Did they think nobody would notice? They need to realize we are not as stupid as their base is.

Yep, Afghanistan was going to revert to a full-blown Islamic extremist theocracy, under Taliban control, as soon as sufficient US military pressure was removed.

Trump was well known for having “plans” that were never completely described such as his infrastructure and TrumpCare efforts - both always coming very soon, let him tell you, and were going to be absolutely incredible, best in US, and possibly even world, history.

Of course the GOP did.

Losers lose.

Just watched on FOX (of course) an interview with a general who served in the Trump administration until he left over various differences.

One was the decision of President Trump to enter into that agreement with the Taliban.

That was, indeed, a bad caving in to those blankety blanks.

They sensed weakness on the part of the United States.

I can understand why the Republicans have deleted that webpage.

Even worse, of course, have been all the darn lies and evasive answers from Administration spokespeople in the last 24 hours.

At this very minute supposedly that man is reading a speech that was written by his "advisors." I do not want to listen to him, but as soon as I post this, I will go to FOX and get its take on the elderly gentleman's excuse for the sickening images that we have been seeing from Kabul.

Hopefully, some decent officials will order that frail old man to send more troops to rescue Afghans who cooperated with the Americans.

Just watched on FOX (of course) an interview with a general who served in the Trump administration until he left over various differences.

One was the decision of President Trump to enter into that agreement with the Taliban.

That was, indeed, a bad caving in to those blankety blanks.
Yeah, well. I don't see how we can blame Trump (or anyone specific really) for the inevitable.

It's easy and satisfying to blame. But it seems pretty clear that the instant the US invaded Afghanistan, sooner or later someone was going to take over that wasn't to America's liking. Even if the US left when the Taliban were at their weakest, it wasn't going to stick.

Yes, they did. Which was entirely predictable.

None the less, this is am embarrassing event in our times, one with plenty of blame to go around. At least this President had the stones to pull the plug and face the political consequences.

Back
Top Bottom