• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Remember that cop in Illinois who was killed by 3 bad guys.

So police don't pay out any benefits in the event of suicide? I am not saying it was the case here but it is a high stress job and one could argue the job brings on suicide. I just find that interesting because the US military still pays out death gratuity and the SGLI life insurance in the event of suicide.

So police don't pay out any benefits in the event of suicide? I am not saying it was the case here but it is a high stress job and one could argue the job brings on suicide. I just find that interesting because the US military still pays out death gratuity and the SGLI life insurance in the event of suicide.

Yeah I'm conflicted on that his family doesn't deserve to suffer and he spent a long time as a cop (albeit corrupt). Insurance is another matter that written in to every policy.

Most private policies will pay out if they've been in place for x number of years. Mine was two years. However, the pension won't be paid out due to his illegal activity probably moreso than the suicide.

Mm, I doubt his wife will lose his reduced pension. He paid into it. They can't fo that...I done THINK.

You think incorrectly. One does not pay into a pension. One accrues benefits due to years of service according to a specified formula. Come to think of it given that this douchebag stole fro the community his family deserves zip nada noting. they should start a go fund me page.

have you known a person who has committed suicide?

Yes she was horribly depressed her family didn't no idea how bad it was. That was deeply saddening

This guy not so much.

Off topic he Vols suck. 11 in a row!

have you known a person who has committed suicide?

What difference does that make? Some people's suicides are sad and heart wrenching, and some ... not so much. This guy is definitely in the "not so much," side of the equation.

Yes she was horribly depressed her family didn't no idea how bad it was. That was deeply saddening

This guy not so much.

Off topic he Vols suck. 11 in a row!

How freaky, we were posting at essentially the same time and sight unseen both chose exactly the same phrase, "not so much." Cool.

You think incorrectly. One does not pay into a pension. One accrues benefits due to years of service according to a specified formula. Come to think of it given that this douchebag stole fro the community his family deserves zip nada noting. they should start a go fund me page.

If they are not eligible for Social Security, which I do not believe they are, they most certainly pay into their pension program...just as teachers in Illinois do. Illinois teachers, if Im not mistaken, pay 9% into their pension.

Edit -- IL teachers pay in 9.4% of their pay into their retirement program. LEOs pay in 9% in Chicago. That's state wide, I think. If not the %, most certainly they contribute.

That cop's family's benefits will not be effected any more than your SS would be stopped if you did something wrong. Think about it.

Last edited:

His family deserve nothing, and also deserve the public ridicule that will ensue.

There is no way his family could not see that they were living way, way above his salary.

His family deserve nothing, and also deserve the public ridicule that will ensue.

There is no way his family could not see that they were living way, way above his salary.

Good point wrt the wife the children are blameless.

If they are not eligible for Social Security, which I do not believe they are, they most certainly pay into their pension program...just as teachers in Illinois do. Illinois teachers, if Im not mistaken, pay 9% into their pension.

Edit -- IL teachers pay in 9.4% of their pay into their retirement program. LEOs pay in 9% in Chicago. That's state wide, I think. If not the %, most certainly they contribute.

That cop's family's benefits will not be effected any more than your SS would be stopped if you did something wrong. Think about it.

you are wrong he stole from the citizen who paid his pension. It's already been announced his pension benefits will not be paid. That went through legal. It's rock solid his family wont get a dime. As it should be.

you are wrong he stole from the citizen who paid his pension. It's already been announced his pension benefits will not be paid. That went through legal. It's rock solid his family wont get a dime. As it should be.

Link. That is incorrect.

You are confusing the decision the pension board made to withhold the much larger pension his wife would have received had it been determined he was killed in the line of duty.

Why don't you try to learn something instead of defending an incorrect position?

Last edited:
Link. That is incorrect.

You are confusing the decision the pension board made to withhold the much larger pension his wife would have received had it been determined he was killed in the line of duty.

Why don't you try to learn something instead of defending an incorrect position?

You are just dead wrong he is not getting his pension IN ADDITION TO DEATH BENEFITS FOR DYING IN THE LINE OF DUTY.

He committed Fraud and stole from his employer and the community. He forfeited his right to his pension. He's not getting one red cent. Too bad for you and your police apologist elk (yes elk).

Edit if he had life insurance the family is also not getting a dime.

He ****ed the community and ****ed his family.

Last edited:
You are just dead wrong he is not getting his pension IN ADDITION TO DEATH BENEFITS FOR DYING IN THE LINE OF DUTY.

He committed Fraud and stole from his employer and the community. He forfeited his right to his pension. He's not getting one red cent. Too bad for you and your police apologist elk (yes elk).

Edit if he had life insurance the family is also not getting a dime.

He ****ed the community and ****ed his family.

There is something wrong with you. You're even wrong about life insurance. Most life insurance has a two year exclusion for suicide. Then they pay out. Where are you getting your information, for heaven sake??

That's just wrong man. It is more than possible they didn't know. Especially th kids

There is something wrong with you. You're even wrong about life insurance. Most life insurance has a two year exclusion for suicide. Then they pay out. Where are you getting your information, for heaven sake??

You should quit digging yourself a hole. While I don't have the story at my fingertips Illinois state law requires the termination of pension benefits to any officer who has committed a felony that relates to, arises out of or is connected with his or her work as an officer.

see attached story of similarly corrupt Illinois cop in prison.

Former Illinois Police Chief in Prison Loses Pension | Officer.com

There is something wrong with me. I do not suffer fools. Do yourself a favor and stop posting on subjects you know nothing about.

That's just wrong man. It is more than possible they didn't know. Especially th kids

Bull****.

There is no way these days that family members cannot see such extensive money rolling in.

Bull****.

There is no way these days that family members cannot see such extensive money rolling in.

Depends on what he does and what he does on the side and how he launders it.

Are you telling me the kids deserve ridicule? How would they know?

You should quit digging yourself a hole. While I don't have the story at my fingertips Illinois state law requires the termination of pension benefits to any officer who has committed a felony that relates to, arises out of or is connected with his or her work as an officer.

see attached story of similarly corrupt Illinois cop in prison.

Former Illinois Police Chief in Prison Loses Pension | Officer.com

There is something wrong with me. I do not suffer fools. Do yourself a favor and stop posting on subjects you know nothing about.

My apology. I was wrong. I am, nonetheless, amazed that a benefit partly funded by an officer can be taken away. It will be interesting in this case to see if they can revoke his pension without due process...which may have been yet another motive for his suicide.

Again, I apologize. I was quite certain. Quote certainly wrong. Ha!

My apology. I was wrong. I am, nonetheless, amazed that a benefit partly funded by an officer can be taken away. It will be interesting in this case to see if they can revoke his pension without due process...which may have been yet another motive for his suicide.

Again, I apologize. I was quite certain. Quote certainly wrong. Ha!

No worries you were starting to make it personal so I had to shut you down.

Apology accepted no big deal...

BYW this is pretty standard. If he worked for say Bank of America and had a pension (not likely) and he stole from them he would forfeit his pension. In addition to a matter of law its common sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom