• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [5:15 am CDT] - in 15 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Religious War

Michael McMahon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
The athletic strength of countries like India and Japan lies to some extent in the fact that they’re not Christian. Just imagine if Christians never wasted time attending Sunday mass and devoted ourselves instead to sensory perception. So even if we can outmuscle Indians we can never outrun them. Nor can we ever be more toned than Japanese people. Hence it doesn’t make sense how Americans try to be more physicalist and vigilant in their defensive mindset than devout and sometimes impoverished citizens in non-Christian countries. People living in African slums are under constant threat of criminals and yet never yearn for the gun rights of America.

Pantheism as form of transcendent solipsism is an invincible moral worldview demanding 100% ethics in anyone you connect with. There’s really no way to be more proud than a solipsist unless you subscribe to amorality or evil. That is to say pantheists are so self-critical in social interactions that it’s not possible to outclass their violent mindset in a casual way. The fact that many armed Americans aren’t bothered by devout spirituality implies that the source of their hyper-focus is an amoral worldview. If everyone brought guns to mass we’d realise that many gun owners are ironically fearful of their own religion becoming tyrannical. Gun culture is non-Christian in nature whether or not it’s forgivable under Christianity. The hellishly black AR15’s don’t suit even the most extreme black outfits of solipsistic goths. That is to say gun rights is even more extreme than goth culture no matter much blame Marilyn Manson got for promoting violent songs during the Columbine school shooting. Americans are trying to be stronger than non-Christian countries by ceding some of America’s own Christianity.

Marilyn Manson - This Is The New Shit

Last edited:
. . . The hellishly black AR15’s don’t suit even the most extreme black outfits of solipsistic goths. That is to say gun rights is even more extreme than goth culture no matter much blame Marilyn Manson got for promoting violent songs during the Columbine school shooting. Americans are trying to be stronger than non-Christian countries by ceding some of America’s own Christianity.
The AR-15 looks scary. . . lots of Goth black. . . . No argument there. . .

Maybe we can we can appoint furniture to make them look less scary?

Maybe something like this:

R.b1293f620711ffeacb1d985a8952e3e7

Not scary, IMO. (comical, actually)

No mass murderer would ever show up at a crime scene with one of these.

Last edited:
No mass murderer would ever show up at a crime scene with one of these.

The difference between certain Protestant sects and Catholicism is that Protestants believe that only faith is required to get to heaven whereas Catholics believe that both faith and good acts are required. So maybe civilian gun ownership represents a fundamentalist attitude that faith is more important than good deeds. In non-Christian terms this would be equivalent to rejecting the ethics of the entire period of history you find yourself in until a future date where everyone is more ethical. So maybe American gun ownership is only ethical insofar as maintaining the concept of individualism for when the collective becomes more tolerant. Yet many would argue our era in history very ethical relative to the colonial era where gun control is welcome.

The athletic strength of countries like India and Japan lies to some extent in the fact that they’re not Christian. Just imagine if Christians never wasted time attending Sunday mass and devoted ourselves instead to sensory perception. So even if we can outmuscle Indians we can never outrun them. Nor can we ever be more toned than Japanese people. Hence it doesn’t make sense how Americans try to be more physicalist and vigilant in their defensive mindset than devout and sometimes impoverished citizens in non-Christian countries. People living in African slums are under constant threat of criminals and yet never yearn for the gun rights of America.

Pantheism as form of transcendent solipsism is an invincible moral worldview demanding 100% ethics in anyone you connect with. There’s really no way to be more proud than a solipsist unless you subscribe to amorality or evil. That is to say pantheists are so self-critical in social interactions that it’s not possible to outclass their violent mindset in a casual way. The fact that many armed Americans aren’t bothered by devout spirituality implies that the source of their hyper-focus is an amoral worldview. If everyone brought guns to mass we’d realise that many gun owners are ironically fearful of their own religion becoming tyrannical. Gun culture is non-Christian in nature whether or not it’s forgivable under Christianity. The hellishly black AR15’s don’t suit even the most extreme black outfits of solipsistic goths. That is to say gun rights is even more extreme than goth culture no matter much blame Marilyn Manson got for promoting violent songs during the Columbine school shooting. Americans are trying to be stronger than non-Christian countries by ceding some of America’s own Christianity.

Marilyn Manson - This Is The New Shit

img_1272.jpg

If I make ridiculous jokes it’s often to contrast with my serious content without me ever having to be very focused. By contrast some of my opponents are hateful of my jokes without them being very serious on other issues. Let’s imagine you needed to defend yourself against a clone of yourself. Then it’s clear you wouldn’t be at a disadvantaged by not having a gun if your clone was ethical. By contrast if someone had the same physical characteristics as you but sided with evil then there’s a vague possibility they could be stronger due to sexual sadism. Yet this isn’t an ethical argument to make when everyone is born with a different physicality. An argument that any type of evil is so dominant as to relate to sexual sadism for muscular growth is so cynical that you’d have to be amoral or evil to be so cynical. For example often when singers or rappers perform a song with an aggressive theme then the beats can be more rapid in a circular way. Yet it’s not knowable whether such singers and rappers meant any evil content to be taken literally. There’s not one evil pleasure that isn’t rooted in the natural human body because the physical world isn’t supernatural. Hence you’d need to be so suspicious of ethical people that they’d be so likely to convert to evil to ever think they’d be so hedonistic. Hence gun ownership is so suspicious of others that it’s not rooted in the Christian doctrine that no one is 100% pure evil even if criminals can be very evil.

40B60071-6E73-451A-9CB0-FFD17706E243.jpeg

Gun control would develop naturally from a libertarian stalemate of rival militias. Freedom of movement would give marksmen from the enemy militia close shooting perches to the other militia's barracks. Gun control would create an unarmed "no mans land" between rival militia barracks so to speak.

The Christmas Truce | History
"During WWI soldiers from opposing sides laid down their guns and celebrated Christmas together."

The irony of armed racism is that you might actually need segregation to defend against armed racists. For example a Ku Klux Klan member is legally allowed to live in a black neighbourhood despite being a major threat to them if everyone were armed with guns.

"The most famous of the 'peace walls', as they're now known, divides the Falls and Shankill Roads in the western part of Belfast. It runs for several kilometres and is interrupted at several junctions by enormous metal gates across roads. At the height of the troubles, these were used as security checkpoints."
https://www.timetravelturtle.com/be...mous of the,were used as security checkpoints.

Screenshot_20230426_070023_Chrome.jpg
Thompson submachine gun with wooden attachments

The reason us gun control advocates harp on about AR-15s is because they're a metaphor and a symbol of the militancy of guns in general. After all a wooden exterior rifle could also be converted to an improvised machine gun even if there'd be fast overheating. It's probably possible to have some robotic arm contraption to turn a bolt or lever action rifle into an automatic reload, single trigger pull per shot rifle. A single-shot sniper rifle without a magazine is the only rifle type that can't be turned into an improvised machine gun unless you create a volley gun. Yet a skilled hunter would only need a single shot rifle if it's possible to stalk the animal into a good firing position.

Last edited:
Instead of returning to the muskets referenced in the US constitution perhaps a compromise could be that only single shot rifles would be allowed. A weaker compromise would be allowing rifles with small internal box magazines too.

Classic Single Shot Rifles - Hickok45

"An internal box, integral box or fixed magazine (also known as a blind box magazine when lacking a floorplate) is built into the firearm and is not easily removable. This type of magazine is found most often on bolt-action rifles. An internal box magazine is usually charged through the action, one round at a time." wiki

An internal box magazine would limit the ability of a shooter to convert the weapon into an improvised machine gun with an extended magazine:

Marlin Model 95 SBL .45-70 by Ruger - hickok45

If I make ridiculous jokes it’s often to contrast with my serious content without me ever having to be very focused. By contrast some of my opponents are hateful of my jokes without them being very serious on other issues. Let’s imagine you needed to defend yourself against a clone of yourself. Then it’s clear you wouldn’t be at a disadvantaged by not having a gun if your clone was ethical. By contrast if someone had the same physical characteristics as you but sided with evil then there’s a vague possibility they could be stronger due to sexual sadism. Yet this isn’t an ethical argument to make when everyone is born with a different physicality. An argument that any type of evil is so dominant as to relate to sexual sadism for muscular growth is so cynical that you’d have to be amoral or evil to be so cynical. For example often when singers or rappers perform a song with an aggressive theme then the beats can be more rapid in a circular way. Yet it’s not knowable whether such singers and rappers meant any evil content to be taken literally. There’s not one evil pleasure that isn’t rooted in the natural human body because the physical world isn’t supernatural. Hence you’d need to be so suspicious of ethical people that they’d be so likely to convert to evil to ever think they’d be so hedonistic. Hence gun ownership is so suspicious of others that it’s not rooted in the Christian doctrine that no one is 100% pure evil even if criminals can be very evil.

View attachment 67446194
I've never seen you make a post that was coherent enough to be considered a joke.

When I read your posts I'm laughing. I mean the ability to string together is such bizarre word salad is quite a talent for lack of a better word.

It's like you're the script generator for Kamala Harris.

The athletic strength of countries like India and Japan lies to some extent in the fact that they’re not Christian.
What athletic strength? No disrespect to any Indian or Japanese people, but they tend not to excel in many athletic fields, for all sorts of social, cultural, historic and physiological reasons. Also, India might not have many Christians but they are still commonly religious, mostly Hindu or Muslim, both of which involve similar time and devotion as Christianity.

People living in African slums are under constant threat of criminals and yet never yearn for the gun rights of America.
Which "African slums" exactly? You can't lump together an entire continent and pretend everyone living there are the same. You wouldn't do that in relation to the whole of North America, lumping the USA, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean countries together.

Gun culture is non-Christian in nature whether or not it’s forgivable under Christianity.
I don't see how you've supported that assertion at all. I'd suggest that gun culture in the US is largely independent of religious belief, being more a function of history and politics.

What athletic strength?

Japanese people don’t need to train at the gym; they’re just that strong in their collective mindset that they’re passively fit in their physicality.

Which "African slums" exactly?

Through gun rights Americans are desperately trying to out-masculinise countries that are already way too masculine.

I'd suggest that gun culture in the US is largely independent of religious belief, being more a function of history and politics.

Why not limit magazine capacity to 3 or 5 rounds? The lethality of larger bullets ironically means you don’t need to shoot as many bullets. Although this is really just a better than nothing compromise when I’m merely haggling against how many innocent people a criminal could shoot in one go!

FA9616EC-8076-4896-BF2E-123B3EC784C9.jpeg
50Cal Sniper

I've never seen you make a post that was coherent enough to be considered a joke.

When I read your posts I'm laughing. I mean the ability to string together is such bizarre word salad is quite a talent for lack of a better word.

It's like you're the script generator for Kamala Harris.

Christianity preaches the need for humility. To what extent does home gun ownership lead to a grateful mindset when everyone will be more violent whether for good or bad?

Why not limit magazine capacity to 3 or 5 rounds? The lethality of larger bullets ironically means you don’t need to shoot as many bullets. Although this is really just a better than nothing compromise when I’m merely haggling against how many innocent people a criminal could shoot in one go.

3 or 5 rounds? Are you serious? What if you’re the good guy and you’re trying to defend something, like yourself or your country? Why would you cede the more effective weaponry to the tyrant or the criminal? Would you favor limiting police to guns with 3 rounds and require them to haul around a 30-pound rifle? If it’s good for law-abiding citizens, why not the cops? Get real, man.

Christianity preaches the need for humility. To what extent does home gun ownership lead to a grateful mindset when everyone will be more violent whether for good or bad?

In ancient times, Israel was always either kicking someone’s ass with armies and swords or getting its ass kicked. If you recall your Bible history and the laws of Israel, nothing required a Jew to surrender his ability to defend himself or his nation. Neither did Jesus and the New Covenant. There’s nothing to be grateful about when you’re accosted on the street by a thug or he comes into your house intending to rob, rape, or murder you.

You really need to get out of your head for a minute, expand your horizons, and use reason and logic to guide you to the fact that the world is filled with bad people and wishing they would go away is a fantasy.

Japanese people don’t need to train at the gym; they’re just that strong in their collective mindset that they’re passively fit in their physicality.
That's just factually wrong. What are you basing this idea on? Have you even met any Japanese athletes? And how would any of that apply to India, which you also included.

Through gun rights Americans are desperately trying to out-masculinise countries that are already way too masculine.
What does that have to do with your ignorant generalisation of "African slums"?

Why not limit magazine capacity to 3 or 5 rounds? The lethality of larger bullets ironically means you don’t need to shoot as many bullets. Although this is really just a better than nothing compromise when I’m merely haggling against how many innocent people a criminal could shoot in one go!
And what does that have to do with US gun culture being more historic and political rather than religious?

If you're going to bother replying, try to make you reply at least somewhat relevant to the points I raised.....

Some people are inherently weak. As such, they tend to use bombs to blow up civilians vice firearms which can be a precise weapon, targeting only designated combatants. The PIRA is good example of this.

And what does that have to do with US gun culture being more historic and political rather than religious?

Americans place all their trust in middle class and rich people even though in the 1800’s it was the rich European countries involved in colonialism. So maybe rich people are benevolent individually but the colonial era is a cautionary tale of equating a professional class with collective ethics. Rich people often look calmer than poor people but that doesn’t mean rich people are automatically more trustworthy with home gun licenses.

Despite the hatred of many right wing pundits towards many left wingers most leftists in the west aren’t communists. By contrast individual gun ownership in America means that any rogue Stalinist or Maoist can acquire guns for terrorism. The irony of the American lead Cold War is that America is the only western country under a possible communist terror threat when most other western nations have partial gun control.

View attachment 67446206
50Cal Sniper
The manufacturers determine magazine capacity

Some people are inherently weak. As such, they tend to use bombs to blow up civilians vice firearms which can be a precise weapon, targeting only designated combatants. The PIRA is good example of this.

That pretty much defines everyone in feudal Japan except the Samurai. The peasants and farmers, artisans, and merchants ceded their safety and security to the warrior class until the Meiji Restoration beginning in the latter part of the 19th Century. Things haven’t changed much since then, with the state filling the modern security role. Pacifist, post-industrial metrosexuals are well represented today among younger Japanese men.

In ancient times, Israel was always either kicking someone’s ass with armies and swords or getting its ass kicked. If you recall your Bible history and the laws of Israel, nothing required a Jew to surrender his ability to defend himself or his nation. Neither did Jesus and the New Covenant. There’s nothing to be grateful about when you’re accosted on the street by a thug or he comes into your house intending to rob, rape, or murder you.

You really need to get out of your head for a minute, expand your horizons, and use reason and logic to guide you to the fact that the world is filled with bad people and wishing they would go away is a fantasy.

America isn’t the only Christian nation. Yet if America represents part of God then it’s in a might makes right context. Deism would be compelled to deal with America when the physical creator must have predicted an unbeatable nuclear superpower. Yet America as a representative of God could also lead to blasphemy in Christians when Americans don’t try hard enough to be ethical. The dilemma with pure hysteria is that you can be hysterically good or hysterically bad. As such a satanist in America could be far more dangerous than a satanist in any other country. Americans could be at risk of mass shootings by rogue misotheists willing to scapegoat America.

Back
Top Bottom